Sleeping Together

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by earllogjam, May 15, 2007.

1. earllogjam

Gold Member

How important is being able to comfortably sleep together in a relationship?

This is a make it or break it part of a relationship for me. It's a milestone in a relationship towards the serious. If I can't sleep with someone comfortably the relationship usually does not last. I sleep in a queen size bed and I am a spooner. Whoever I sleep with needs to feel good when we sleep together. Hands on bellies, legs intertwined, cuddling, snuggling, grabbing cock from behind all are part of sleeping together. We need to be sleep compatible. I favor partners a little smaller than me because I like to be the outside spoon and it just feels better that way and partners with a little meat on them because they just feel better I've found.

2. MagicTongue

MagicTongue New Member

Well, I'd place it high on my list. I enjoy being cuddled and held. However I can't stand guys who hog the pillows. I have to have good cushioning for my head. However a nice warm chest is a good pillow too. A queen size bed should be good for anyone, unless they're very overweight.

3. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sleeping together well is VERY important!

My boyfriend and I like to cuddle in various positions until we're really sleepy, and then go our separate ways. If he wanted to cuddle all night he'd be disapointed by morning. I've found that even if we fall asleep still in each other's arms, we're apart by morning. Sometimes, if one of us gets up in the night, there is some snuggling when that one returns to the bed. But usually, that's done by morning too.

I think it's important to have the same sleeping needs.

4. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

Ha ha, I had a boyfriend who I slept with at his dormitory. So we decided I would sleep over becuase his roomate was out of town. Dorm beds arent that big, btu we fit. The next morning I woke up and found him in his room mates bed. I asked what happened. He told me I took all the blankets and rolled him out of bed. : ( I couldnt help but laugh.......and yeah it didnt last, but we are still great friends

5. WildHoney

Gold Member

After 20 years together...I am in for long sleepless nights when he is out of town...I simply can not sleep without him entwined on me..plus I miss him humping my leg all night like a horny dog. :)

x
    Honey

6. ganja4me

Gold Member

Albums:
    Same with me. I'm a cuddler.

7. Love-it

Gold Member

Very important but my snoring will sometimes drive her away to the downstairs bedroom.

8. crescendo69

Gold Member

I used to sleep with guys in my twenties, but usually could not sleep while cuddling; we would eventually separate, still in the same bed, and sleep.

I denied sex for ten years or so for religious reasons, and after resuming sexual relations in my forties, I find sleeping in the same bed with another very difficult; any movements or noise (especially snoring) keeps me awake and irritable, leaving me a wreck by the next morning. Of course, some of my relationships suffered because my parter felt abandoned.

Dunno, maybe sleeping pills...

9. LouisVauban

LouisVauban New Member

Albums:
    I snore so badly.... IT IS ALWAYS the mark of a true lover... if he sleeps through the night with me, then I kknow we stand a chance.

10. va_lk_yr_ie

va_lk_yr_ie Member

Yes, yes, yes. Important stuff. Cuddling, being close. I'm not really up for actual sleeping very close as I find it's too hot. But I definitely want to wake up in the night, crawl up to him, hold his hand, feel him close and then move over to my own bed for continued sleep.

11. Zzingerific

Zzingerific New Member

I'm very similar. I love to cuddle, but I absolutly cannot fall asleep while doing it. I am a very sound sleeper, but I have a lot of trouble getting to sleep; so if I'm cuddling with someone, any little distraction -- breathing, a small movement, too much heat, anything -- is way too distracting. Once I finally fall asleep, though, he could probably do anything he wanted to me. :)

12. hungthickdc

hungthickdc Member

Albums:
    I live in the tropics.. with no air conditioning. Cuddling is not an option as my partner and I are invariably sticky and miserable within a few minutes.

13. snoozan

Gold Member

I hate sleeping with other people. I tried for a really long time to like it because it seemed like the normal thing to do, but after many years I've realized that I don't like it. I get hot really easily, I can't roll over the way I want, I can't stand snoring or loud breathing, and it's just all around uncomfortable for me.

I've been married for 6 years now, and we'll cuddle and snuggle and then retire to our own beds, which are in the same room. It seems to work out well for us, much better than the sleepless nights I had before I let myself admit that I don't sleep well with a partner.

I'm not 100% sure that it's related, but I also have great difficulty sleeping in hotels, etc. and generally have weird sleeping habits and have sleep apnea.

14. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

In that case we could never be in a relationship together. I can't sleep too close to anyone else, their body heat makes me too hot and sweaty and uncomfortable and I can't fall asleep like that. Furthermore, I tend to toss and turn a lot before I finally get to sleep. If my arm is buried somewhere underneath your body I can't do this. Either I keep waking my partner up repeatedly as I move and shift around, and probably never find a truly comfortable position as I'm trying to be as considerate as possible and we both end up unhappy... or I resign to being in some painful stress position all night long.

15. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

If I had read the rest of the thread before posting my own response I could have just copied snoozan's reply and added 'ditto'.

16. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    Although I have never slept with anyone yet, I know in my heart that it would be very important for me that they are someone who loves to share a bed and sleep together close. I am a cuddler and love affection so having someone who loves to touch, cuddle and caress as we drift off to sleep is a must, and spooning is on the top of my list as it would be wonderful to have someone kiss and nuzzle my neck and the back of my ear as I drift off to sleep. It would make me relax and safe enough to let my guard down and drift off to la la land in peace.

17. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Practically the same situation here. I'm always too warm if she stays cuddled up to me, so after a little bit of spooning we retire to our own sides of the bed. :cool:

If I'm very drowsy, I can fall asleep when cuddling/spooning, but the bedcovers have to be off. That usually works well post-sex, or on weekend mornings when it's too early to get up.

18. Principessa

Gold Member

Yup, same here, but if it's the least bit humid don't touch me. I used to date a Jamaican guy who wanted to snuggle no matter what the weather. Can you imagine wanting to snuggle in a twin bed in our Virginia dorm room when it's 85 degrees and there is no a/c?!

19. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Yes get to know someone first. Fall in love with their mind and heart and everything else will fall into place on its own.:smile:

20. burns1de

Gold Member

I love sleeping next to a girl, but not every position allows me to sleep comfortably (or at all). I prefer to sleep on my back with my arm wrapped around the girl while her head rests on my chest. Women seem to like it, too, because several of them have mentioned that they like hearing my heart beat. I like spooning too, but I can rarely fall asleep like that... my hands begin to wander and explore my partner's body... I can't help it, lol.

Draft saved Draft deleted