Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Am I the only FEMALE (or person in general.. but specifically aimed at the ladies) that has trouble sleeping in a bed with another?

I especially have a hard time staying cuddled up to someone. I'll find myself laying wide awake with my head on their chest wanting to carve their eyeballs out... for the mere fact, I CAN'T sleep.

I've laid awake many a night just watching the other person sleep, even if we're not cuddling.

What's my deal?

Men, Ladies, other psychos out there like me?

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had the same thing every time I was pregnant. Probably because I was really low on minerals or something.

You might wanna try a few drops of valerian root an hour or two before bedtime.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
that happens to me when its a girl i dont know too well. sometimes i feel like pushing them off of the bed

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It depends on who I'm sharing the bed with.
Sharing a bed is some thing I enjoy if there is relationship/fwb, Love the spooning and falling asleep entwined after a long session, sweaty, exhausted and happy with my head on his shoulder and being lulled to sleep listening to his heart beat as he strokes my hair.
With more casual arrangements I prefer to sleep alone after a shower and a change of sheets.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
girl, don't worry about it. it happens to me too! although i like snuggling and cuddling, i do enjoy having all the space to myself. when i'm sharing with someone, i feel restricted to only a certain amount of space and it's just not the same. plus i hate it when i'm in the same bed with someone and they snore, kick, steal the blankets, or breathe heavily. it's nice to fall asleep with someone next to me, except i find it way more comfortable sleeping by myself.

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I assume I'm not exactly a typical case study given my girlfriend and I both have troubles sleeping regardless of bedmates, but the usual run down for us seems to be along the lines of:

Me: "Good night."
Her: "Night."
Us: *kiss*
Studio Audience: Awwwww.

Two to three hours later.

Me: "Awake?"
Her: "Yes. :frown1:"

Us: *sex*
Studio Audience: *Whistles and cheering*

An hour later.

Me: "Awake?"
Her: "Yes. :frown1:"

Another hour goes by...

Us: *sleep*
Studio Audience: Awwww.

Another hour goes by...

Her: "Time to get up."
Me: "We're bad at this."
Her: "Yes."

Studio audience is napping like a bunch of inconsiderate asshats without some sort of sleep disorder or other random reason for not sleeping well.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Am I the only FEMALE (or person in general.. but specifically aimed at the ladies) that has trouble sleeping in a bed with another?

I especially have a hard time staying cuddled up to someone. I'll find myself laying wide awake with my head on their chest wanting to carve their eyeballs out... for the mere fact, I CAN'T sleep.

I've laid awake many a night just watching the other person sleep, even if we're not cuddling.

What's my deal?

OK, somebody will be going home when it's over and done with, which depends upon whether it's a home or away game. Why don't you just get up and go to another room and watch tv, eat a sandwich or something until you're ready to fall asleep, I don't mind that, but to lay there and have those kind of thoughts ?

I also have king size bed, plenty of room for cuddling or just rolling away and having your own zip code to be in. Know that doesn't solve the insomnia, but you can always get your iphone/blackberry and text whoever you want afterwards if you're going to stay.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i dont think women understand how little we care for them when the sex is over

I want to track this thread over the next 24 hours at least. "Dude" you are either one brave or foolish soul, you're gonna get someone murdered with this post. A red cape waving in front of the enraged "bull"ettes, Olay !

Attachments

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What's my deal?

Nothing all that odd, doll...it just sounds to me like you haven't been ridden to the point of utter exhaustion in a while. Or you need a bigger bed. :wink:

that poor dude has to strke your hair as you fall alseep with your heavy head on his chest

Trust me, he doesn't mind in the least.

:rolleyes:

Let's all give a warm welcome to the newest addition to LPSG's Gallery of Douchebags!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media

I don't think you understand how few people care what you think. :smile:

I want to track this thread over the next 24 hours at least. "Dude" you are either one brave or foolish soul, you're gonna get someone murdered with this post. A red cape waving in front of the enraged "bull"ettes, Olay !

Why would that enrage us - none of us are ever likely to fuck him, much less want to fall asleep on him after.

:rolleyes:

Let's all give a warm welcome to the newest addition to LPSG's Gallery of Douchebags!

I'd like to take some credit here because, whether it is true or not, I'm going to insist on believing he took his username from my "Great Woman Conquering Meat Sword of Destiny" comment (here). :cool:

Major troll alert here people...

What? For that? Oh hardly... he'll have to put a lot more effort in than that. :rolleyes:

Back to Notthe's OP - Yeah - you're weird! :eek::rolleyes::tongue:

Nah, I know many people who share that complaint. I don't really have a problem sleeping in beds with others (be it in a sexual context or otherwise). I might take a little longer dropping off, but only cos I'm talking :rolleyes: That said H occassionally wakes me up with his dulcit snores, but sucking his cock seems an effective (and rewarding) way of stopping that :biggrin1:

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
u know I thought I was the only person who felt that way.

after sex I just sit there all night thinking "GO HOME, JUST PLEASE GO HOME!!!"

I really don't get it because it could be someone I truly love...I just cannot stay in the bed...I usually end up sitting on the floor wide awake until morning.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I have a hard time too.. I move around a lot and I like my space. I have a double bed now and plan on getting a king when I move out.. how much fun would that be..

I dunno what to say... I just curl up in a ball and sleep when the situation sucks.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can't sleep in a bed with anyone, and haven't ever been able to. This isn't for a lack of trying, either. When I was first married I couldn't fall asleep until either my husband got up and went to work or I passed out from exhaustion after tossing and turning all night. I even find it hard to share a bed with my son and sleep well.

A lot of people love cuddling and being close to others and falling asleep in each others' arms, and it sounds really romantic, but if someone is sweating on me, snoring, breathing loudly, moving around, or just about anything, I can't sleep.

In my house we have a regular queen sized bed that my husband sleeps in and that we'll read books as a family or watch TV, but we have a second bed in the sunroom of our bedroom where I normally sleep.

Sort of related, I have an aversion to being touched a lot as well. The only thing that's ever really helped that has been out of necessity with my son for the last 3 years, and now I'm better with affection in general. Before that my husband used to say that I only liked being touched when I was being fucked. Which was pretty much true. Even snuggling and cuddling while watching TV or whatever was never my thing for more than a few minutes. I'm still like that, but to a lesser extent.

I don't want it to sound like I don't like or need affection-- I do. It's just that I don't like or need as much as what seems to be normal.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why would that enrage us - none of us are ever likely to fuck him, much less want to fall asleep on him after.

I expected better from the pack mentality than this ? Perhaps, they have nothing left in the tank after the weekend. "Douchebag" & "Major Troll Alert", that's it ? How weak is that ?

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

No.

Typical.

What's my deal?

Your deal is that you typically either have more space to yourself, or you feel your personal space is invaded and therefore uncomfortable. The reasons aren't what I'll touch on, as they are numerous and some extreme, but generally speaking you've just an anxiety.

Ever try breath excercises?

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can't sleep in a bed with anyone, and haven't ever been able to. This isn't for a lack of trying, either. When I was first married I couldn't fall asleep until either my husband got up and went to work or I passed out from exhaustion after tossing and turning all night. I even find it hard to share a bed with my son and sleep well.

A lot of people love cuddling and being close to others and falling asleep in each others' arms, and it sounds really romantic, but if someone is sweating on me, snoring, breathing loudly, moving around, or just about anything, I can't sleep.

In my house we have a regular queen sized bed that my husband sleeps in and that we'll read books as a family or watch TV, but we have a second bed in the sunroom of our bedroom where I normally sleep.

Sort of related, I have an aversion to being touched a lot as well. The only thing that's ever really helped that has been out of necessity with my son for the last 3 years, and now I'm better with affection in general. Before that my husband used to say that I only liked being touched when I was being fucked. Which was pretty much true. Even snuggling and cuddling while watching TV or whatever was never my thing for more than a few minutes. I'm still like that, but to a lesser extent.

I don't want it to sound like I don't like or need affection-- I do. It's just that I don't like or need as much as what seems to be normal.

I know someone just like you. She needed re-assurance she was normal, because she was; there's nothing wrong with your ways and there is no set "normal" for being touched. Enjoying personal space, and needing it to function, aren't contradictory at all.

Then again, if you feel like it's a problem, it begins to eat away at you and then it "becomes a problem"; snuggling for a little bit, and then wanting some time to breathe is pretty common amongst people. Too much media, too many movies, and way too many zombies; the illusion is perpetuated.