slim but big

tallblkguy: I'm 6'4 wt 168 but I have 11 inches. I can eat anything I want and seem to never gain a pound. It all goes to my feet and dick. Why?? anyone else?

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
[quote author=BLACK 11x7 link=board=meetgreet;num=1043714057;start=0#0 date=01/27/03 at 16:34:17]I'm 6'4 wt 168 but I have 11 inches. I can eat anything I want and seem to never gain a pound. It all goes to my feet and dick. Why?? anyone else?[/quote]

Honestly....I don't know either!

No doubt, it's a matter of both genetics and the rate of metabolism (how the body burns food and stores the nutrients and the fat.) Everyone is different in that make-up.

I'm 6'4" and weigh in at 185lbs. I too, can pretty much eat anything I want (although I try to eat sensibly and get lots of exercise worked in.)

I can tell you that as I get older, I too, am becoming more proned to getting that "pudgy"look about the abdomen and I do have to watch that carefully. I think a lot of men could easily develop that "pot belly look" at some point in their lives. But, it can be taken care of through diet and exercise, if caught early.

Medical studies are finding out more and more about testosterone and I have read how that one single male hormone influences metabolism, heartrate, and even moods and emotional health. As we age, testosterone levels change (drop!) and hence the changes in our body performance (including weight gain due to metabolism changes) and certainly the much dreaded declines in both libido and sexual performance. Balancing testosterone levels as we age is becoming increasingly more of a "hot topic" in men's health--particularly for those of us entering our 40's and 50's. Maintaining sufficient testosterone levels is often achieved through carefully selected nutritional supplements which promote the body's natural production of testosterone (as opposed to introducing additional "pure" testosterone into the system which can be counter-productive if not outright dangerous).

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
[quote author=JohnTheHorse link=board=meetgreet;num=1043714057;start=0#1 date=01/27/03 at 16:57:44]In one of your earlier posts you claim to be 9.5x7. Which is it?[/quote]

I've noticed that stats tend to fluctuate among members rather commonly. What's a half-inch between friends?

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
[quote author=BLACK 11x7 link=board=meetgreet;num=1043714057;start=0#0 date=01/27/03 at 16:34:17]I'm 6'4 wt 168 but I have 11 inches. I can eat anything I want and seem to never gain a pound. It all goes to my feet and dick. Why?? [/quote]

Seems like you've got an overactive metabolism like me. I've always been a leaner guy. I can eat and eat and hardly gain a pound. I experienced the most weight gain when I started working out; of course, muscle is much more dense than adipose fat, and within a couple of months, I seriously put on 15 pounds while maintaining my proportions.