slim cut shorts

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by twoton, Jul 16, 2011.

1. twoton

Gold Member

Albums:
    Was out shopping with the wife last night, and tried on about ten pairs of shorts (dressier, golf-style from Sports Authority). Didn't find anything that fit well enough. If the waist fit, they were too tight elsewhere. If they were well fitted to the rest of me, the waist gapped too much.

Or as my wife said when she took a look at a pair that was too big in the waist, "You can't go any smaller." Meaning, of course, about the bulge.

sigh. The tribulations of the well-hung gentleman. I guess the solution is to get a pair that "fits" and then have the waist taken in. By the way, with so many overweight Americans stuffing themselves into golf shorts, why is the contemporary style geared toward a slim, flat front cut?

2. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

Flat front pants are suppose to be more flattering to your figure. That said, I agree that the designers don't have real people on their minds when they are designing clothes. Seems that only the skinny 19 year olds are model enough for all clothes. Just make the waste larger and voila you have clothes for everyone. Doesn't work that way IMHO but there you go.

I'd get the waste taken in if I were you. Seems the best solution.

Draft saved Draft deleted