Slow gains from jelquing - troubleshooting

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
I didn't get much feedback from Thunder's Place so maybe I'll have more luck here.
My gains have been extremely slow during the last year. I had some quick gains early on, then very little for 6 months then some recent gains from my latest jelq based routine. In total only 1/2" in one year.

I did have a few months off, partly due to injuries and a busy work schedule but most of the time, managed to be quite consistent. Another problem I had was too much variety and experimentation with routines that failed to produce any gains (In particular - ADS). I have managed 4 consistent months with my latest jelq device based routine but have only managed 1mm per month in length gains (I know it's better than nothing but I was hoping to grow that much each week!)

My current routine looks like this:

30 minutes Far infra red heat warm-up
14 minutes jelquing (70-80% erect)
10 minutes rest + FIR warm-up
14 minutes jelquing (<50% erect) holding end of each stroke stretched for 6 seconds
60 minutes+ rest + FIR warm-up
15-30 minutes erect kegelling/edging

2 days PE/ 1 day rest

My flaccid stretched length has clearly increased, EQ is fine, my girth felt like it had increased in my hand but measurements showed otherwise.

I have a few questions for those who have gained from jelquing:

1. As you slowly increased the duration of your jelquing, was there a point where you noticed a sudden increase in gains (you found your growth zone) or did gains come in a linear way as you increased duration?

2. Do you think that I should continue with my current routine for a few more months just in case I find my "growth zone"?

3. Should I continue a slow intensity crescendo or should I add a bigger chunk of time and extra exercises?

4. Do you think that I am ready to try clamping?

5. If you have been in a similar situation and tried something that quickly improved your gains, what was it?

6. Should I take a deconditioning break for a few months?

Any suggestions are very welcome, especially if they worked for you!

Thanks in advance.

Big Al

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
1. As you slowly increased the duration of your jelquing, was there a point where you noticed a sudden increase in gains (you found your growth zone) or did gains come in a linear way as you increased duration?

Mine were mostly linear. I took a few days off after 4 weeks of PE and resumed with a more advanced routine that kickstarted my gaining.

2. Do you think that I should continue with my current routine for a few more months just in case I find my "growth zone"?

If this routine hasn't worked in awhile it's time to change things up.

3. Should I continue a slow intensity crescendo or should I add a bigger chunk of time and extra exercises?

I would recommend trying for less volume and more intensity. More does not always equal better.

You're advanced enough to try it but with all of the other options available (like the squeeze) I wouldn't recommend it just now.

5. If you have been in a similar situation and tried something that quickly improved your gains, what was it?

Rest and a complete routine overhaul. Advanced trainees can dispense with the jelq in favor of more advanced and efficient exercises.

You don't need to take a break for a few months- one week is plenty unless you're very overtrained. Are you keeping track of things like your erection levels, stamina, and how your penis feels overall? Overtraining usually manifests itself in interfering with these parameters.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not all the sudden as size tends to fluctuate so much. I got my first bench mark, the 7" mark after the first 3 months. It just crept up on me and everything felt different. But then you get use to it and want more.

I would make changes by cycles. The reason is because you should be making smaller changes within the routine as you progress in the cycle, like increasing reps and/ or intensity.

Btw, this last round has been very impressive for me. I think I am hitting another "growth zone". Just shows that consistency and persistence sure pays off.

I think the slow increase is important for safty reasons. You are shocking you body, but it has to also be conditioned for the new stuff. If your cycles are 6 weeks, for example, the 6th week should probably be longer than the first week.

Probably, but I would go slowly. I am currently experimenting with clamping. On a non-jelq day, I edge, and then just grab the base of my penis for about 30 seconds. Release, rest, and repeat. All hands for now because of safety issues. A release in grip is safer than an actual clamp.

I was in a plateau, but I believe I was still gaining. The first time I hit the 7" mark, it was not a permanent thing. It was after being very aroused. I call that a "hard 7". The 2-3 months after where I did not see a big change in size solidfied the 7 so now I have an "easy 7".

I finally got results from doing DLD Blasters and stretching twice a day. Light stretching in the morning, during my shower, and then the regular routine later in the day. (Jai stretching, manual stretching, manual jelqs, and the jelq device.)

Also, and I will start a thread on this, I tried out that Self Hypnosis Penis Enlargement. I have been doing that for 3 weeks.

With these changes, I finally got a 1/2 gain for BPFL. Which according to the LOT therory, I could make erect gains again.

Not necessary. Two weeks tops. If anything, go lighter.

Good Luck
Oh, and listen to Big Al!

Last edited:

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
Wow, thanks for those exellent answers guys, I'm glad I started the thread here.
I'm having a week off to do some research and revamp my routine based on your answers.

dirk2d

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I found that 100-150 jelqs works best for me. Any more is overkill, but I'm a "less is more" kinda guy. If I gain 1/8 of an inch or more in a month, its a good month. No gains in a month is a fail so I try something else.

I'd say do fewer jelqs and add in some stretches. You're probably building the CC's and CS's up fine with your routine but you're not stretching the tunica to give them room to expand and give you that length and girth. It's like how bodybuilders will do heavy connective tissue stretches with weights to stretch the muscle fascia so their muscle fibers can expand more. Does that make sense?

The only thing I think you need to add are stretches.

Give it a go but start off very lightly, too much pressure and too much time and you could really fuck your unit up. I lost size from clamping too hard and too long. Eventually gained it back through manual exercises.

You say you're familiar with thundersplace? Check out a thread called Mem's momentous rapid gain mechanism. The fulcrum stretches work great and Horse 440's work really well for me. I also had a 5 day break that brought on gains, guess I needed it.

Like wish said, 2 weeks max.

Any suggestions are very welcome, especially if they worked for you!

I find I gain fastest when I'm on a bulk, lifting heavy weights and eating like a demon. Your body needs fuel if its going to heal and grow.

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The gains I've seen from jelqing have been mainly to correct my curvature, and a slight (3/8" or so) increase in girth. No increase in length from jelqing; but I'm not real conscientious about following a routine, but my greatest gain in length was about 1/2" that came after a 2 week rest in March this year. In any event, Big Al who posts here is probably about the best source of info you could get; following his suggestions have certainly helped me. Good luck.