slut v's open

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Im sure this is a topic where some could easily be offended or offensive. But im curious to know what people consider the difference is between a slut and a woman who is sexually open and experimental?

Are men intimidate or turned on/off by a slut?.
And should being called a 'slut' be offensive?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'd bet there's no objective difference at all. The pejorative "slut" comes into play for most guys when a woman is sexually open and experimental with someone besides himself. :biggrin1:

modernluv

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Im sure this is a topic where some could easily be offended or offensive. But im curious to know what people consider the difference is between a slut and a woman who is sexually open and experimental?

Are men intimidate or turned on/off by a slut?.

I agree w/Hazelgod. A person will call a woman a slut if she gets with someone that person didn't want her to get with.
Guys don't get negative labels if they have lots of sex, so it's pretty lame that women still have this stigma. I mean, it all comes from when we were just housewives and couldn't take care of ourselves, so we had to find a man to support us. So obviously it was considered bad to "give it up" because a woman's whole point of living was to get the guy to marry you and support you, and why would he do that if he's getting laid for nothing?
So obviously that's then and this is now. I don't need a guy to support me financially, and I'm not looking for marriage at the moment. If I find a guy attractive and we want to have sex, he doesn't need a reason other than it's fun and it feels good, so why should I?
I don't hop into bed with any guy that comes along, I'm actually very picky. But I like guys and I like sex, and to me everything about the word "slut" seems about as relevant as the typewriter.

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am a sexually out there woman, I like men I like sex, and some would call me "slutty"

I am a woman, a mother, a business owner and a kind and caring friend..those things define me, my sexuality does not.

We do not define hetrosexual men in such a negative way when relating to sex...Stud, Man whore or "Player are sometimes used to descibe men who like sex, but all those all have some sort of back slapping bravado attached to the name calling.

I choose to turn the word into a positive, like gay men did with the word "gay" ...To me slut is defined as a woman who is ok with liking alot of sex.

I have never been called a slut by men I care about , or by my male friends, it is used more so as a insult to wound from men whom I turn down for sex or play. To me , men who say that are insecure and still thinking of women as the lesser sex.

I am a hetrosexual woman, I like men, I like sex, I am am, to some a slut,...I could care less ....Bring it on!

xx

Honey

modernluv

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Preach it, sistah :headbang: :wink:

I am a sexually out there woman, I like men I like sex, and some would call me "slutty"

I am a woman, a mother, a business owner and a kind and caring friend..those things define me, my sexuality does not.

We do not define hetrosexual men in such a negative way when relating to sex...Stud, Man whore or "Player are sometimes used to descibe men who like sex, but all those all have some sort of back slapping bravado attached to the name calling.

I choose to turn the word into a positive, like gay men did with the word "gay" ...To me slut is defined as a woman who is ok with liking alot of sex.

I have never been called a slut by men I care about , or by my male friends, it is used more so as a insult to wound from men whom I turn down for sex or play. To me , men who say that are insecure and still thinking of women as the lesser sex.

I am a hetrosexual woman, I like men, I like sex, I am am, to some a slut,...I could care less ....Bring it on!

xx

Honey

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sure this is a topic where some could easily be offended or offensive. But im curious to know what people consider the difference is between a slut and a woman who is sexually open and experimental?

In the USA there is no difference. I am not saying that's right, however it is just the way it is. I believe it stems from the fact many men suffer from the madonna/whore syndrome.

Are men intimidated or turned on/off by a slut?
Yes, the good ones are turned off. I am not sure about intimidated.

It is offensive I see no way to make it a compliment

Definitions of slut on the Web:
  • [SIZE=-1]
  • slattern: a dirty untidy woman
  • adulteress: a woman adulterer
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]
  • Slut is a slang term used to indicate a person who has frequent sexual relationships with different people, especially short-term affairs. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slut[/SIZE]

Mackleanen Beebarf

Experimental Member
Media
Without putting a lot of thought into it, to me "open" would be a lday who has/has had a lot of sex, but is discriminating about it. "Slut" means she just opens her legs for anybody who wants a piece.

An open woman controls her sexuality and has a lot of sex because that's what SHE wants. It's a means of expressing herself. A slut just gives her sexuality over to any guy who walks up because it's what HE wants. To a slut, sex is a form of currency with which she buys relationships.

Professor_Chaos

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I love women who are open sexually, and adventurous, and girls enjoy sex as much as guys, so why is a girl seen as a slut while a guy is a stud? Well its because if a girl is reasonably attractive she can get sex anytime anywhere, wheras a guy unless he is loaded with a massive amount of cash, has to make the running himself, thus making it more difficult.

But still if a girl is honest to everyone and is not in a committed relationship while sleeping around, and she is not deceiving anyone, I can't see a problem with a girl having as many sexual parters as she likes. Life is meant to be enjoyed, after all.

Cheers
CHAOS

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The meaning of "slut" is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I've always used the term positively as I think that a healthy appetite for sexual variety and quantity is a good thing whether you're male or female. My wife was probably considered "slutty" when we met, which I found to be a major turn-on in addition to all her other great qualities.

Professor_Chaos

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The meaning of "slut" is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I've always used the term positively as I think that a healthy appetite for sexual variety and quantity is a good thing whether you're male or female. My wife was probably considered "slutty" when we met, which I found to be a major turn-on in addition to all her other great qualities.

Yeah who really wants a girl who doesn't enjoy sex. Thing is if you have a large sexual appetite of your own, chances are you will want a partner who does too, and they will have had a fair few partners.

Cheers
CHAOS

heavyproducer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I hope i dont piss anyone off with this comment but my experience of the use of the term slut is always from the lips of women themselves directed at other women, ive never heard any of my guy friends use it! at all!

I think its a jealousy thing..... of the fact that someone else can be confident, know what they want and in control of it, and have the ability to live out they sexual desires without fear of the 'name calling' I think we'd all be sluts if we could!.... man thats a nice thought!! what fun

averagepeck

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think men are quick to label women as sluts because alot of men are uncomfortable knowing that a woman has been with several men before him,and that opens up the possibility to her being with a guy who was bigger,lasts longer,fucks better,whatever,whatever.I know my current gf has been with her share of guys prior to me,and I've never made it my business to know much of her sexual past beyond what she's told me voluntarily.My only concerns was that she was STD-free,which she was/is,and that I do the best I can do.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I believe Chaucer used the word sluttish to describe a 'slovenly man' but after about 1400 slut (written slutte) was used to describe a woman who was 'dirty' or 'untidy' but in a literal sense. The sexual connotation seems to have rather come later.

Many derogatory terms aimed at perpetuating 'double standards' are based on social conditioning and, in no small part in this case I'd say on male insecurity.

As for it's meaning; like many words it's meaning is changing and in a generation or two it will probably come signify what it's starting to mean now, given the comments so far.

Professor_Chaos

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well I feel embarassed to admit my total count of people ive been with is only 7, and I know all the girls I have been with have had substantially more than me in most cases. I guess for someone who loves women & sex as much as I do I think I should be at least double my current tally. I even said a friend of mine recently I am jealous of her being with like 20 people.

Cheers
CHAOS

Fattycakes78

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Women who are open minded and like to have sex are just that. My current girlfriend has been with twice as many people as me and i have been with quite a few, however she isnt a slut, she is just open minded and happened to enjoy sex. A slut is someone who has sex for reasons other then being open minded and loving sex, like poor self esteem. Its not a bad thing, its just that people shouldnt have sex for those reasons. Also, if two people are in a commited relationship and one strays, well i would definetly call that person a slut.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Another proud slut chiming in!

Slut is a word for which there is no male equivalent. It's just another example of the misogyny that still creeps into our societal thinking, another stupid way women are penalised for being normal or healthy.

Almost 90% of all women are over a size 5, so we're almost all FAT.

If we like sex, we're sluts.

If we don't like sex, we're bitches.

If we work, we're domineering bitches.

If we don't work, we're lazy dead weight.

If we're educated, we're uppity.

If we're not educated, we're too boring to be your friend.

Being called a slut by a man is not an insult to me, it just lets me know who not to fuck.:biggrin1:

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Being called a slut by a man is not an insult to me, it just lets me know who not to fuck.

THAT is so true to me as well...also any man who calls another woman a slut in my presence will not be be taken away to be fucked wildly either.

xx

Honey

modernluv

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
An open woman controls her sexuality and has a lot of sex because that's what SHE wants. It's a means of expressing herself. A slut just gives her sexuality over to any guy who walks up because it's what HE wants. To a slut, sex is a form of currency with which she buys relationships.

I hadn't thought of it that way but I like that definition. I think there's a lot of truth to that.