Small Guys? Nah Read This

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Latinoboy9, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Latinoboy9

Latinoboy9 New Member

Albums:
    :) NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Men worried about having a small penis are usually pretty average, but have a false idea of what the normal size is, according to a report in the medical journal Urology.

This best way to reassure men with penile concerns is to educate them, the author of the report says. Men should know that a normal-sized penis is 1.6 inches or more when flaccid or 2.76 inches when stretched out.

The findings are based on a study of 92 patients who went to the andrology department at Cairo University Hospital in Egypt over a 2-year period complaining of a small-sized penis. Each subject provided a sexual history and completed a standard erectile function questionnaire.

Penile length and girth were assessed with a tape measure in both flaccid and fully stretched states. The men were asked what they considered a normal-sized penis and then were informed about the actual normal size.

Study author Dr. Rany Shamloul, at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Canada, reports that all of the men met the thresholds for normal penis size and did not have erectile dysfunction.

However, on average, they estimated that the "normal" flaccid length should be to be 5.1 inches.

The education and measurement sessions solved the concerns of 79 men. The other 13 subjects still insisted that their member was too short, but with further psychosexual counseling, most were convinced otherwise.

"Men complaining of a short penis can be treated using the basic principles of sex education with objective methods of penile size evaluation," Shamloul concludes. "This combination can correct any previous sexual misconceptions, relieve unnecessary anxiety concerning penile size, and decrease the desire to undertake still-to-be verified lengthening procedures."

Jose'Latinoboy9

2. Child_of_the_sun

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    erm... for the dim people reading this (myself) could you put all this in lamens terms?

3. Knight

Knight New Member

LOL yeah I thought that. Those people are being lied to and they were right to think the average is around 5"

O,o

4. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Errrr..."stretched out"? But hey, if 1.6" is average for flaccid, then my donger is huge when it's soft!

5. Donk

Donk New Member

Uh, the way I read the article, they are using the 1.6" and 2.76" figures as the minimum for "normal," not "average." They seem to be telling these men that if you are at least that big, you are "normal" rather than abnormally small.

I guess if that works for these men to help them feel better about themselves that's all well and good. But I think it's possible to be "normal" and still be small, just as it's possible to be "normal" and be big.

6. Latinoboy9

Latinoboy9 New Member

Albums:
    I thought everyone would get a kick out of this...I mean look at the place they did the study Egypt...not saying much for Egyptians? Jose'Latinoboy9

7. Imported

Gold Member

Krueger: Wait a minute, they based it on 92 guys who thought they had small dicks?? Well if you average lots of smalls, sure you're going to get an average that's small.
    Normal is one thing. Huge ranges are "normal" but Average flaccid adult penises are around 3.5" long, not 2.

8. DanielForever

DanielForever New Member

how they work it out is stupid, if the small cut-off point is 1.6" (which i think it small, anyone agree?) well...

my point is i dont think you can use 'grey area' 1.6-4.6 barriers in a scientific study.
    the average age at death in the UK is 79, not 66-83, so why is a penis study so broad?

...and 1.6" is not average, no way, who can imagine having one of those for a day, i've never seen a grown person with one that small...ever

if this study is anything, it is just trying to make very small people feel better, which is good (people cant help having smalll ones and they are not bad people for it), but it is not science to lie to people into making them feel better.

these tiny men should be convinced that the small peni are not bad, not that their peni are not small

oh well, I guess most of us cant imagine what a 1.6 is like, so we're being really inconsiderate, then again... some of us might be too skinny (I know i might), too short in stature, fat, ugly, bald, bad skin... yet the average weight for someone worked out by height and age isnt then between 1-25 stone, its an exact measurement

he he he, looking back on this thread, i havn't made my point well at all, oh well, ur all clever guys

9. contortionist

contortionist New Member

Albums:
    guys who claim the average is only 5'' probably ARE 5'' and want to appear 'normal'. From what little I know or have seen I'm sure it's over 6''

10. Freddie53

Gold Member

I just read some of the comments on this article. I read the entire article. The doctors gave as normal those lengths or longer. It is very obvious that they were talking normal, not average. Normal here means a working penis that can successfully have intercourse. A penis of 20 inches long and with a girth of a bottle of a liter of Coke would not be normal either as it's owner would simply not be able to successfully have intercourse with a woman either because the penis would simply be too big. The doctors are saying that an erect adult penis that is shorter than 2.6 inches is not normal as there is something wrong mainly being that sexual intercourse is almost impossible with the average woman.

Testostorome can be given to boys that haven't finished puberty completely, but have short dicks and it usually does bring some additional penis growth. So I would say that me, that doctors have to have a point where they declare that testostorome is necessary to help the older teen develop a normal penis size. Sorry guys, once puberty is complete, testostorome will not add and size to your penis. It has to be done before the last stage of puberty is completed.

I have been researching this and have my own thread which has had many guests, but doesn't get any responses as there isn't a lot to respond to. But I understand that one study was as low as 4.7. I know nothing of the reliability of the study. The smallest size study I found that I thought had validity showed the average age 5.1. The others all come in at 5.5, 5.7, 6.0 and one was 6.5. One doctor said the average was between 4 and 8 inches, quite a variance.

So I have concluded along with another regular on this forum that the majority of men come in with erect penises at least 5 inches long and not more than 7 inches long. I have seen the figure that 80 percent of adult men fall into that range. But I have no substantiation that is correct. The question is what percent are under 5 inches and what percent are over 7 inches? I know that there are micropenises that are less than 3 inches erect. I have seen the pictures. And we know that they are 12 inch or more penises out there as well. But what percent of men own them? Be aware that there are midgets and dwarfts and giants in hieght. It stands to reason that the same would be true of penis length.

As far as flaccid size. I take those with a grain of salt. Soft penises can varry by two inches on the same guy or more. Some guys have a retractable penis, which means for some reason there body pulls the soft penis back into the body in certain cases, but at other times there is no retraction. As far as sex goes, only erect size counts. Are far as looking at the bulges, then flaccid does matter.

Do feel free to comment on the sites that I have found so far and I am still adding on my thread. The thread title is Normal Size Penis. It also covers normal puberty development as well.

And I am inviting people to add sites they have found. All I ask is that there is the site tell how the measurement was done, who was measured and who did the measuring. A site that just throws out some numbers means nothing. As in an article in Men's Health or doctors at Mayo Clinic. That at least gives you in idea whether you wish to believe the surveys or research or not.

Hope this helps.
    Do read those sites on my thread, add sites or comments.

Draft saved Draft deleted