Small penis drives Asian teenager to suicide

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=126&art_id=qw1145412720913R131

Singapore - An 18-year-old student jumped to his death because he was convinced his genitals were too small, a Singapore coroner's report said on Wednesday.

In delivering the verdict of suicide, state Coroner Tan Boon Heng said that the incident highlighted the importance of sex education in and outside schools.

The junior college student's death showed that even intelligent young people can be "victims of misinformation," Tan said.

"The deceased was so tormented by his unfounded (belief in his) inadequacy that it drove him to end his life," the ruling said.

The case is being forwarded to the ministry of education.

Sex education in the city-state is delivered as a short series of lessons.

"If parents are aware of their children being tormented... they should seek professional help, lest such tragic deaths should happen again," said the report, published in The Straits Times.

The student, a member of the school volleyball team and described as "cheerful and energetic," jumped from a housing block on March 3.

The youth had confided in his mother in October that he was worried that his private parts were too small.

She took him to a clinic, where the doctor told him that his penis was a normal size for an Asian man and prescribed multi-vitamins.

The son told his mother in January that his life was "boring and meaningless" and that the only thing stopping him from suicide was his family's love.

Despite strong emotional support from his girlfriend, he remained convinced that he had a problem. His sister sent him a text message on March 3 asking if he was coming home for dinner.

He replied that he would eat out. The next and final message she received told her and their mother to take care.

In a suicide note, he apologised to his girlfriend and family for killing himself.

He said it was not due to the stress of his exams, "but it was more about his physical development. ... He still knew there was something wrong with his body parts," the investigation report said.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm sure it's not the first time it's happened and I'll lay odds it won't be the last. I wonder if there were other underlying issues, "his life was 'boring and meaningless'" suggests that maybe there was something else going on but....

I know people will always do what you least expect just when you least expect it, but sometimes I can't help but think we're living in a world gone mad.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
This is just silly.

The kid was obviously depressed, and needed some form of therapy. Why the parents didn't send him to get some help, I dont' understand.

But to blame his suicide on his "small" dick, is just absurd. Where was everyone, (friends and family etc) telling him that having a big dick is great, but a small one is fine too?

Wave

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
That is a very sad thing and kinda shows where kids' interests and awarenesses are heading. very sad.

on the other hand, DONG 20--dang dude, you have a serious schlong going on in your photo gallery pics. mama mia!

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dr. Dilznick said:
Despite strong emotional support from his girlfriend, he remained convinced that he had a problem. His sister sent him a text message on March 3 asking if he was coming home for dinner.

He replied that he would eat out. The next and final message she received told her and their mother to take care.

In a suicide note, he apologised to his girlfriend and family for killing himself.

well..that should console them...what an asshOle.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
jeff black said:
This is just silly.

The kid was obviously depressed, and needed some form of therapy. Why the parents didn't send him to get some help, I dont' understand.

But to blame his suicide on his "small" dick, is just absurd. Where was everyone, (friends and family etc) telling him that having a big dick is great, but a small one is fine too?

Reading the news article it seems they did but if someone doesn't want to hear it then the best advice in the world will fall on deaf ears. I also thought that there may have been some other underlying issues but maybe that's a way to try and rationalise (if one can rationalise an 18 yo committing suicide) killing yourself over something so trivial to us. But maybe for him it was enough, and it's simply too far outside our frame of reference to make sense.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
rhino_horn said:
well..that should console them...what an asshOle.

Your understanding of depression, body dysphoria and the mental confusion surrounding people in a suicidal state is inspiring. :rolleyes:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
dong20 said:
Reading the news article it seems they did but if someone doesn't want to hear it then the best advice in the world will fall on deaf ears. I also thought that there may have been some other underlying issues but maybe that's a way to try and rationalise (if one can rationalise an 18 yo committing suicide) killing yourself over something so trivial to us. But maybe for him it was enough, and it's simply too far outside our frame of reference to make sense.

You are probably right Dong, I am sure they did what they could...

Had it been my child, I would have insisted he went to talk to a professional. I would prefer a child who is pissed off that his dad forced him to go to therapy, than a child who is floating in the water.

I can imagine the parents are devistated. To be fair, they probably didnt' know this issue was as serious as it was for their son.

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
alex8 said:
Your understanding of depression, body dysphoria and the mental confusion surrounding people in a suicidal state is inspiring. :rolleyes:
body whaa...? were u the doctor who examined him? if not, maybe u shud give that dude lessons..... when a guy tells or worse text messages his "loving" family "take care," then throws himself off of a house block because he thought his dick was too small....u call that guy an asshole, and thats being generous.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
rhino_horn said:
when a guy tells or worse text messages his "loving" family "take care," then throws himself off of a house block because he thought his dick was too small....u call that guy an asshole, and thats being generous.

No point calling him anything now because he's dead. Better to call him one before, then he may ask why and you may just get a dialogue started and find a way out of the situation. Sometimes words may be weak medicine but not talking is no medicine at all.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
rhino_horn said:
body whaa...? were u the doctor who examined him? if not, maybe u shud give that dude lessons..... when a guy tells or worse text messages his "loving" family "take care," then throws himself off of a house block because he thought his dick was too small....u call that guy an asshole, and thats being generous.

I think you missed the point. People are suggesting that he actually killed himself because he was suffering from depression, not because of his dick size. When people are afflicted with depression, problems that seem minor to the rest of us can appear insurmountable to them.

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Matthew said:
I think you missed the point. People are suggesting that he actually killed himself because he was suffering from depression, not because of his dick size. When people are afflicted with depression, problems that seem minor to the rest of us can appear insurmountable to them.
ya i understand. i dont care enough to psychoanalyze a corpse with a small cock, but no one can rationalize the fact of why he killed himself, and nothing can condone what he did to the people with whom he was emotionally attached. i mean, he really jerked off all over them, u get me? the only justification FROM THE ARTICLE(which is the only source of info) is that he had a small penis.......

judging by what the article states he had a pretty decent life...

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dr Rock said:
oh those wacky asians! is there anything they WON'T kill themselves over?!

Maybe he needed good medication, not Flintstones Chewables... next time, should give Tom Cruise a call for recommendations on a good pharmacy.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
rhino_horn said:
ya i understand. i dont care enough to psychoanalyze a corpse with a small cock, but no one can rationalize the fact of why he killed himself, and nothing can condone what he did to the people with whom he was emotionally attached. i mean, he really jerked off all over them, u get me? the only justification FROM THE ARTICLE(which is the only source of info) is that he had a small penis.......

judging by what the article states he had a pretty decent life...

And you're STILL missing the point.

Depression is a serious illness. This is not about someone thinking their cock was small. It's about someone being depressed and killing themselves.

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lex said:
And you're STILL missing the point.

Depression is a serious illness. This is not about someone thinking their cock was small. It's about someone being depressed and killing themselves.
ok.:biggrin1:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I worked with disturbed youth for 12 years. Kids who would internalize what others thought of their clothes, hair, body, etc. Kids who were depressed and/or suicidal to the point where I had to work with therapists to carefully construct any critical feedback (academic) that I had.

It's serious stuff and I would appreciate it if you treated it as such or moved on to the next thread.

Thanks.

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lex said:
I worked with disturbed youth for 12 years. Kids who would internalize what others thought of their clothes, hair, body, etc. Kids who were depressed and/or suicidal to the point where I had to work with therapists to carefully construct any critical feedback (academic) that I had.

It's serious stuff and I would appreciate it if you treated it as such or moved on to the next thread.

Thanks.
im sorry, but knowing what u know u shud respect the FACT that i have no frame of reference...i cant get as emotional as u.

*do u like cows? i chopped a baby cow's head off once with a gandasa....:wink: