Small white bumps

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by UniDude, Jun 4, 2005.

1. UniDude

UniDude New Member

Ok, I've had a penis all my life, but there are some things that are just difficlut to ask other guys. I'm sure they have been there always, but I have small white bumps (not big) near the base of my penis and about 1/4 of the way up. They are not painful and look like hair follicles that have not developed. Is that what they are? Also, every once in a while I get what looks like a black head or something on my shaft, it's usually small and if I rub off the bump it's kind of like when you pop a pimple, but on a much smaller scale. It's always in the same place.

The human body is an amazing thing and I have had many physicals where doctors have seen and groped everything I have. None of them have been concerned by it so I am just wondering if anyone else has these things.

Thoughts?

2. Landshark77

Landshark77 Member

There is nothing to worry about. They are called "pearly white papules".

Its normal.

3. hippyscum

hippyscum New Member

Yeah, it's nothing to worry about, I have them too! :D

[/I]music of the mo: Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

4. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Same here. Enjoy them!

5. Str8Man

Str8Man New Member

I hate to inform you of this, but maybe it will not happen to you. I've had them my entire life, with no problems. The older I get though, the more hair I have growing out of them, and other places I would rather not have excess hair.. Not sure how old you are, but I hope you don't get this with maturity...

6. blackwood

blackwood New Member

Have had em for years probably related in the transition phase of the skin change and purpose from the groin to the penis.

Enjoy, no worries.

blackwood

7. Knight

Knight New Member

At the base of the penis they are most likely hair folicles and nothing to worry about. Around the rim of the 'head' they are pearly penile papules and I think only found in uncut guys or perhaps very rarely in uncut guys (it has to do with sweat and moisture behind the foreskin or around the glans)

8. UniDude

UniDude New Member

Thanks Knight. I had heard of the papuals and was wondering. They are nowhere near the glans. Just at the bottom and a little bit up from the base of my shaft. Thanks to everyone else too. I guess when something is with you for that long you have too much time to examine it and wonder if everything is normal. ;)

9. Ineligible

Ineligible Member

Over most of your skin you have little glands called sebaceous glands, whose purpose is to keep the skin moisturised with a natural moisturising greasy white gunk called sebum. They mainly sit buried unnoticed in the skin and discharge into hair follicles. They get bigger and more active at puberty, and hence are more likely to get infected, creating zits.

The skin on the genitalia is thinner, and when the sebaceous glands enlarge at puberty they often become noticeable as small whitish or skin-coloured bumps and guys freak out. Here is a picture of rather largish ones - they can be a little smaller.

10. Aruba 1st

Aruba 1st Member

E-A-A-ANK.
    Wrong answer.

Small (or large) white growths under the corona - especially at the underside nerve center - could indicate a sexually transmitted infection. See your Dr.

I used to worry about the "extra" twin ridges running up the shaft outside of the urethra; that and the way my blood vessels bulged out along the urethra, etc.
    Evidently that's not unusual for thicker guys.
    Weird that when one gets extra thickness, he also gets these extra skin ridges to "bump-bump-bump" around her clitoris. Any of you normal guys have these ?

11. Knight

Knight New Member

Yeah they could have been an STD but I was assuming he didn't have an STD. If theyre not an STD then they are PPP (Pearly Penile Papules). I have them and they aren't an STD because I had them before I had sex.

12. UniDude

UniDude New Member

I'm pretty sure I had them for quite a while. Due to my job I get tested for all kinds of fun stuff before I can work. I've been tested for all kinds of STD's and don't have any. Never have never will..................please!

13. Oscar The Grouch

Oscar The Grouch New Member

I have this thingy too, around the head of my penis and yeah I went to an urologyst to get them checked and he told me they were ok. However, I do find them a bit disturbing and I dont want people to freak out if they see my penis. I'm 16 and havent had sex and as you might probably think Im in the age of having sex and getting drunk lol. Another thing is that I'm gay too. This sucks because if not all guys have them I dont want to to freak out a boy im with because of the papules. Gay guys? You ever had any sort of problem about it? :(

Draft saved Draft deleted