smallest size that should look into getting Magnum

thelastoneever2000

Just Browsing
Media
thsi came up today in a discussion with a friend, what is the smalelst size that you think could use a magnum xl without it like sliding off....or what i should say, is that whats the ideal size ?

on another note, my gf and i have used regular condoms, but i notice that they seem to cause some pain. i dont know if its from loss of circulation or anything, but the condom seems very taught stretched out, and it doesnt go all the way to the base. is that how condoms should be? or should there be extra room.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I've always heard that they should be snug, but not confining. If they're strangling your dick before you even have it planted somewhere, it's already uncomfortable and it's that much more like to break and/or tear during intercourse.

If you go to a site like [link=http://www.condomania.com]Condomania.com[/link], you can compare brands and sizes. There are links that show enhanced images of the condoms with size dimensions.

Magnums fit guys at the 8" length range and 2.25-2.5" width range. Of course, width isn't circumference, so be mindful of that.

wesleysh21: It all depends on preferred fit. I prefer mine to be rather snug, much more so than the next guy. You'd have to have a pretty substantial sized organ to fill up a Magnum the way I like my condoms to fit.

That being said, you don't even have to be "big" to fit comfortably into a Magnum, it won't slide off of the average penis. I have yet to check out the Magnum XL line, the ones that are even bigger than the original Magnum. The only thing I could assume is that it is for guys who are big, but still like a loser fit and guys that are freakishly big.

hairy8: The Trojan Magnum is 180 mm long and 60 mm wide. The Magnum XL is 210 mm long and 62 mm wide.

It should be noted that these width measurements are taken with the condom laid flat. So they're not the same as the diameter. A 60 mm condom will have a circumference of roughly 120 mm which is ~4.75 inches, and the diameter will be  ~1.5 inches.

For 62 mm flat width, the figures are almost the same - circumference ~4.90 inches, diameter ~1.6 inches.

If these figures seem small, remember that they don't take account of the fact that the latex can stretch.

So what size cock should be using these condoms? At a guess I would say that if you're 5.5 inches or more around, you're big enough use the Magnum and Magnum XL. But if you're over 6.5 inches around both these condoms could be uncomfortably tight.

As for length it's a bit simpler. Assuming sufficient girth, anyone over 7.5 inches long should use the XL. Under that, use the standard Magnum.

PS I notice that you're claiming a length of "only" 9.5 inches?! What are you talking about - 9.5 is extremely large, bordering on huge! At 9.5 long there's no way that a Magnum XL will go all the way to your base. Maybe you could try the Trojan Enz Large which I believe is longer and narrower than the XL and would appear to suit your cock better.

hawl: This topic reminds me of my very first post: http://www.lpsg.org/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi?board=meetgreet;action=display;num=1057451847;start=0. If anyone has similar information and/or links, I doubt that I would be the only one here who would appreciate some straight talk on the subject of condom sizing. Companies like Trojan continue to market condoms like they are toys, and thus allow unendowed clowns to claim "Owww, too tight" about anything short of a Glad Hefty garbage bag to their girlfriends (especially in poor lighting I imagine!) who may not yet be experts on male genitalia! Why market something like the XL without spelling out who needs it? Just to make money? Also, why are soooo many condoms "pre-lubricated"? The ranks of those like me who produce copious pre-ejaculate must be thin indeed, or else we are being foolishly ignored.

belcurv: When my wife and I were first living together, we used to fantasize out loud about inviting her super-endowed ex to have 3ways with us. Our room had no door, just a curtain, and our roommate must have been listening in, because one day she said to me, "I had a boyfriend whose penis was SO huge, he couldn't wear a condom without it breaking!"
I replied: "Oh, REALLY?!!" wondering whether she was trying to mess with my head or get me excited or jealous. I immediately reached next to my bed (she had come into our bedroom to tell me this out of the clear blue) and pulled out a regular Trojan condom (the old one-size-fits-all days).
I opened the condom and she looked like she was going to shit, like either she was afraid I was going to whip it out and demonstrate something or was calling her bluff. Her face was beet red. I pulled the condom over my rather large fist, down my arm to my elbow. My arms are quite muscular. I pulled and stretched and tugged at it, snapping it back to the arm. I was even opening and closing my fingers, and they were poking very hard against the latex. There was no breakage.

I said, "Gee, that's funny. If it doesn't break on my arm and fist, how do you explain it breaking on a penis?" She high-tailed it out of the room, all flustered, without answering.

Reactions: colin20

hairy8:
There was no breakage

I think condoms can break though. If air is trapped in them in a certain way they could burst during sex. Having said that, I've never experienced breakage myself. Maybe I'm not big enough :)

As for condoms being too tight I've experimented with some pretty tight ones. The worst being the Durex Avanti which is supposed to be a wide condom but even on my not so wide cock it was so uncomfortable that I couldn't maintain an erection. I think the reason is that Avantis are made of polyurethane which doesn't stretch at all unlike the latex used in most condoms.

pony: Regular size condoms break easily on me. I am 7.5 x 6. The standard Magnum condoms are just right for me.

swimguy_14: i just started with magnum xl, im 6.5 around

Krowax: If the condoms break, you're doing something wrong, or not using the right shaped condom.

That's right, I said shaped, not sized. =)

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Never found a condom that works for my thickness (over 7.5") but the Magnum XL works OK for a quickie. After 20 minutes, the big guy looks a little black and blue... I've tried durex XXL and they seem just about the same as the Magnum.
G.

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Try different brands out. I remember there used to be a condom company online that sold condoms that you'd measure yourself and they'd be designed to fit you.