Smarter ladies have worse sex.

NottsBound

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
BRAINY babes find it harder to have an orgasm – because they are too busy thinking, a study published in the Sun on 25 Apr 2008 claims.
The German survey found that the more educated a woman was, the less likely it was that she would be satisfied by sex.
In the study 62 per cent of women who had completed their education said they often had problems achieving orgasm.
Only 38 per cent of women with a lower educational qualification said they had such problems.
The study conducted by a German lifestyle website surveyed over 2,000 women between the ages of 18 and 49.

Do you agree with the study's findings?

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
well i would say better education automatically equals being smarter.
But could it be that better educated women are more likely to have jobs that are highly stressful and challenge the brain more which is known to cause the described problems?

yodiggity

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Charlotte (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
i doubt it has anything to do with a "more stressful job" because im sure there are many women with jobs that pay much less than those with a higher education that can have more stressful jobs such as a waitress since they have to deal with many more people that put stress on them

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
There is no doubt studies that have revealed that women use a different side of their brain to orgasm than men. We have the communication part/other sense awareness from hearing, smelling, etc that is triggered. This is also something we have to combat when we are having sex after having a baby. We fear the baby is going to wake up and interrupt things. It's hard to turn that part of the brain off.

Given that only about 17% of women orgasm from sex, there are going to be a lot of people unsatisfied physically if they are looking for an orgasm from sex alone and it is not being acheived by means that are more practical for that.

I can go without orgasms nearly every sexual encounter and still be very satisfied because it tickles my fancy in so many ways OTHER than physically. But now my husband has taken my orgasm experience pretty seriously since i have started taking it seriously and Im finding it to be easier to get there than ever before because im getting my brain to cooperate.

I think certain personality types are more prone to having problems in this area. If you don't like to give up your control, independence, etc. to someone else, you are not likely to do it in the bedroom either.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I definitely agree. My mind is always going at full speed. I find it nearly impossible sometimes to relax and concentrate in the moment. It's a good thing my BF has magic fingers and knows how to push my buttons. Even at that sometimes I have a hard time staying in the moment.

Vagus

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't regard things you read in the newspaper regarding science, unless it's very straight-forward and black and white.
There are a ton of different factors that could affect the outcome of that study that have nothing to do with the Woman's intelligence or education status.

silentviewer

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I feel that this is likely a case of poor science. there are so many factors to consider esp. when it comes to sex and sexuality. hell, I've even read contradictory evidence that "smarter" women are more likely to have more pleasurable/enjoyable sex (something along the lines of understanding their bodies and knowing how to seek out information etc etc.).

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Thank you, silent. I've read the other side too. I believe someone posted a link to it here no so long ago. It's all, both ideas, to be taken with a large pinch of salt... then chucked in the bin with an even larger one.

D

deleted356736

The study results are the study results, but there could be many different causes for this. I'm inclined to go along with the university degree means a more stressful job, and a more stressful lifestyle in general. I don't think we can compare the stress on a waitress with the stress on a doctor, a scientist, a CPA etc.

My experience has been that I have had some great sex with very intelligent and well-educated women. Typically they had better communication skills, enabling us to work better as a partnership, and they were also had less body image issues compared to average women, which made for greater self-confidence.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I disagree with this question. There are somethings the I am really smart about and some things that I am not. Personally I have a problem turning off the 500 things that were going through my mind. If it's really good I can relax and enjoy it, but sometimes I definitely feel as though I'm not with him mentally. I have actually spoken with a friend on another forum that has the firm belief the only way to make love with a woman is to make love to her mind. I'm not saying it's true, but I know when I'm less worried about things I tend to orgasm more.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
BRAINY babes find it harder to have an orgasm – because they are too busy thinking, a study published in the Sun on 25 Apr 2008 claims.
The German survey found that the more educated a woman was, the less likely it was that she would be satisfied by sex.
In the study 62 per cent of women who had completed their education said they often had problems achieving orgasm.
Only 38 per cent of women with a lower educational qualification said they had such problems.
The study conducted by a German lifestyle website surveyed over 2,000 women between the ages of 18 and 49.

Do you agree with the study's findings?

No,i totally disagree.

I was educated to a very high level and have no problems whatsoever reaching orgasm.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There is no link to the study, so there seems to be a logical leap from "less satisfied" to "thinking too much" that isn't connected in what's in the OP. Was the reason for less satisfaction part of the survey? Or are the researchers guessing what the reason is based on the results?

It could be that smarter women have higher standards for what would satisfy them in the bedroom instead, which would indicate that they're harder to please or that they expect more from their lovers, not that they can't "let go" in order to orgasm, leading them to rate the same sexual experience lower than less educated women.

I can't comment on this from personal experience since every boyfriend I've ever had has been able to bring me to orgasm, and I consider myself to be smart and well educated. I can't speculate from a knowledgeable or experiential perspective on it.

Do only 17% of all women orgasm from sex? That seems far too low to me. I would have thought women would have evolved to be more orgasmic than that.

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
17% does seem very low to me too, i know about several surveys that saying between 20 and 30 % of the women who participated have problems reaching an orgasm regularly.
And there always is a small percentage that has never reached an orgasm, but that 83% do not would be news to me.

Then i just looked for those studies, but all i could find where articles in German papers referring to recent studies without a link to the actual study. Anyway interesting enough there has been a study by the institute for statistics of the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich and one by the King's College both coming to the exactly opposite result than the one the OP is referring to.

Either way i find it interesting how they account for that.
It seems like many women do not like to actually help their partner to pleasure them, and that often problems to reach an orgasm are a problems of lacking knowledge.
So how come many women have problems to actually say what they want and what they like. Do many think that it would be questioning the manliness of the partner?
Do they blame them self? And think there got to be something wrong with them if they are not getting off? Or are that many even to shy to try out what is best for them?
It really is hard to understand for a man, i pretty much know exactly what i like, can't imagine it being different.

Then again besides the knowledge problem the biggest cause of orgasm problems seems to be stress, and i still think that that is an argument supporting the study the OP referred to. I do think that with higher education the chance of getting a job that is very stressful not only at work but also in the spar time increases. Also the amount of work people have to do in their home does seem to increase, i can see the executive having problems thinking about the reports she got to do till the the next day.
And then i read the theory that women who have more responsibilities at work, who are more in charge have a harder time to give in in their spare time, even when it comes to pleasure.

One more remark about the knowledge factor, maybe that is why most of the smart girls here don't have those problems, because being active here does mean being open and curious. And that always leads to knowledge, Einstein once said i am not especially talented, i am just curious with passion.

@submissivegirl83
neurological studies show that an orgasm is much more than just a reflex, the activity of the brain goes much further than just to transmit the stimulation of certain nerves, there is no doubt that the brain it self has to be stimulated.
I mean i think most of us know that the same position you have done with the same partner the day before can be something totally different the next day at a place you always wanted to have sex at, we all know that the passion following certain events can something special, just think about makeup sex. There are so many examples where the sex is technically pretty similar but our brain makes it something special.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
@submissivegirl83
neurological studies show that an orgasm is much more than just a reflex, the activity of the brain goes much further than just to transmit the stimulation of certain nerves, there is no doubt that the brain it self has to be stimulated.
I mean i think most of us know that the same position you have done with the same partner the day before can be something totally different the next day at a place you always wanted to have sex at, we all know that the passion following certain events can something special, just think about makeup sex. There are so many examples where the sex is technically pretty similar but our brain makes it something special.

Exactly and I know this is not what the OP was referring to. I just wanted to explain that I didn't think it had anything to do with how smart I am. Just where my mind was during it. I have a big problem focusing. Even when I type a reply here I'm thinking about other things. I do tend to lose some people when I share my thoughts!

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Lets play contrarian. First I have had sex with a few really smart women and they had no troubles.

Now the flip side. Could it be that they choose their men for different reasons, so the men in their lives are the ones who aren't doing the job?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Either way i find it interesting how they account for that.
It seems like many women do not like to actually help their partner to pleasure them, and that often problems to reach an orgasm are a problems of lacking knowledge.
So how come many women have problems to actually say what they want and what they like. Do many think that it would be questioning the manliness of the partner?
Do they blame them self? And think there got to be something wrong with them if they are not getting off? Or are that many even to shy to try out what is best for them?
It really is hard to understand for a man, i pretty much know exactly what i like, can't imagine it being different.

Even here where the women are more sexually open and experimental and confident, many of the women have said that they do not talk about sex with their partners or tell their partners what they want or enjoy in bed, and that they want men who will just be able to pick up on their clues and know without having to tell them, mostly because they felt that talking would ruin sex or be uncomfortable. I think this is a naive expectation. You just aren't going to get what you want in bed unless you're comfortable enough with your partner that you can and do talk about sex. When I want something for dinner, I don't expect my waiter to just read me and know whether I want the lobster or the duck. I think it's a very unfair towards men to have that expectation, and I think it's not very healthy to have a sexual relationship where the partners don't talk about sex with one another.

I made a thread about it:

http://www.lpsg.org/183286-dirty-kinky-and-sexy-or.html

No_Punny asked women their opinion on talking about sex:

http://www.lpsg.org/168211-hey-question-for-the-girls.html

D_Barbi_Dahl

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It could be that smarter women have higher standards for what would satisfy them in the bedroom instead, which would indicate that they're harder to please or that they expect more from their lovers, not that they can't "let go" in order to orgasm, leading them to rate the same sexual experience lower than less educated women.
I do consider myself to be smart. I'm not a rocket scientist...I'm not a fan of math...but smart none-the-less...I am highly orgasmic with the right partner. I can make myself cum expertly.

I do have high expectations from my sex partners and for those in my past who had lacked skill I didn't orgasm. I don't fake it. If they aren't skilled enough to make me cum, why the hell would I pretend they were. If they sucked...they should know.

On the flip side...the more skilled sex partner can take me to such an state of pleasure that sometimes orgasms flow from one to another like in waves.

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Even here where the women are more sexually open and experimental and confident, many of the women have said that they do not talk about sex with their partners or tell their partners what they want or enjoy in bed, and that they want men who will just be able to pick up on their clues and know without having to tell them, mostly because they felt that talking would ruin sex or be uncomfortable. I think this is a naive expectation. You just aren't going to get what you want in bed unless you're comfortable enough with your partner that you can and do talk about sex. When I want something for dinner, I don't expect my waiter to just read me and know whether I want the lobster or the duck. I think it's a very unfair towards men to have that expectation, and I think it's not very healthy to have a sexual relationship where the partners don't talk about sex with one another.

I made a thread about it:

http://www.lpsg.org/183286-dirty-kinky-and-sexy-or.html

No_Punny asked women their opinion on talking about sex:

http://www.lpsg.org/168211-hey-question-for-the-girls.html

Well reading the clues is a good think, and i can understand women wanting that. But that just works within limits. i mean certain thinks that can make sex more pleasurable can not be read that easy of someones face.
Its not like i think women should give some sort of directions to an orgasm that include angles, numbers of strokes and so on, but how the hell am i supposed to find out in a bed room that my girl friend likes sex in the open air.
Anyway, i will look into your thread, thanks for the link.

EDIT: to stay with your restaurant analogy, you don't have to give the waiter a recipe explaining exactly how to cook it, but you should let him know what you want to eat.

Last edited: