Smell

micro: I had a sexual encounter with a man this weekend. He was really, really hung and very lean. He had a masculine face, very handsome. However, his whole body smelled like sh*t, or very old rotting baked clams or something like that. His whole body was rather greasy to the touch. I ahve encountered this sort of thing before.

Is there any relationship to these characterists and penis size? Perhaps extra high levels of hormones make ones skin greasy, and rather 'smelly'?

I have smelled some pretty bad smells on other people, overweight, or old. BUT its a distinctly different smell, the clammy smell doesn't seem to be present in women and older people. Maybe its just him, I don;t know. Actually I feel embaraseed asking the question!!!

longtimelurker: You may well have something with the hormones, Micro - one of the reasons that teenagers are so prone to acne is due to the excessive hormones present in their system.

Personally, I have fairly oily skin on my face, although I hasten to add that I don't smell!!! (otherwise everyone else is being very polite ;)) If I do start to smell after hard exertion or something, then it is always normal BO smell, rather than anything resembling clams (I HATE fish - if I went around smelling like it you'd never be able to remove me from the bath!)

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I guess I read your post and wondered why you didn't insist that that guy take a shower before you all start up with the sex.

Ugh, as much as I regret remembering this episode...

Basically, I had had a bit of a jack off buddy for a short while in college. I think we met up a couple or three times to mess around, nothing serious. He was cool. The last time I invited him over, I remember him gawking about my size <<yeah, yeah>> and asking (again) if I had a condom so I could fuck him <<woo, woo>>. I kid you not... at one point I had moved around on the bed and he spread his legs, and I caught a whiff of the worst fuckin' ass smell I had ever had the displeasure of encountering. I don't distinctly remember if he passed gas, or maybe he worked out particularly hard that day, but it was an instant turn-off.

Ha, I know that doesn't really help your question. I think body odor and sweat glands and pores and all that stuff are biologically related. I'm hesistant to mention pheromones; I know they discharge during sexual activity, but I'm not quite sure if this greasy, stinky guy was letting off too many or if he was in dire need of a shower.

But hey, that's common courtesy -- ask him to wash up next time. Nothing wrong with smelling good before rollin' around in the sack, eh?

wvalady1968: I agree with Dee. A clean, healthy body shouldn't smell badly. Perhaps a giveaway was when you wrote that his whole body was rather greasy. That's another red flag to ask for the shower first.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Diet can affect body odor. But it's my suspicion that this guy is just unsanitary.

BTW - Dee, I love that pic of you in your avatar but am I the only one who sees a nurse's cap on your head? :p

Pecker

(I have the body of a god -- Buddha.)

gigantikok: [quote author=micro link=board=health;num=1063738303;start=0#0 date=09/16/03 at 11:42:43]Is there any relationship to these characterists and penis size?[/quote]
Nah.

But I think there is a relationship between those characteristics and not taking a shower...

longtimelurker: On the topic of pheremones (and this probably wont impress Javier much ;))

I read somewhere before (prob. New Scientist) about how the use of soap destroys many pheremones and disrupts our body biology somewhat.

Anyhow, some guy started to try just washing without using soap (i.e. just water) and no deoderant etc. He reported that there wasn't nearly as bad a smell as you would expect and what was there died down after a couple of days (I think the smell-causing bacteria were displaced by a different type, or something). He also reported that people became a lot more aware of his moods - esp. when he became angry his body developed an unpleasant smell (can't remember the description, but it wasn't BO). I think some others tried this as well, as there was some discussion from other people that tried it, so it wasn't a freak ocurrence.

wvalady1968: Maybe after a couple of days, he just got used to the odor and couldn't tell how he smelled?

:-[

longtimelurker: [quote author=wvalady1968 link=board=health;num=1063738303;start=0#7 date=09/17/03 at 15:43:04]Maybe after a couple of days, he just got used to the odor and couldn't tell how he smelled?

:-[[/quote]
Well that's always a possibility, but you'd have thought he'd have noticed people keeping their distance.

Javierdude22: [quote author=AnonyMs link=board=health;num=1063738303;start=0#9 date=09/17/03 at 16:42:00]Or the flies following him around....[/quote]

Hahaha :D....Nony...you always make me laugh...my neighbours knew I was weird, but a bouldering laugh like this will sure as hell get the people in white coats on my door.

...*blue pills*...but anywayz...

LTL...Lol...yeah soap does the darntest things. People mistake themselves however that it's not a 'device' to give you a perfumated smell, it's moreso a disinfectant, ridding you from bacteria that make you smell bad...or with some people, fungi...( :mad:) that make you smell bad.

The thing is that I read that research about using soap or just water myself as well, anda few colleagues i work with advocate it. They proudly announce that they don't use deodorant (ok)....and that they don't need it. Now there's the glitch. They do need it....and sweet mother of all that's been good to me, please use it!!...ok, they don't smell as bad as I would expect from someone not using Deodorant, but still I wouldnt jump in the sack with them for it. Body smells simply won't do in any case, if it's as a colleague in tyhe sack, going to a bar, or where-ever.

throb919: With Javier, there are a few things you can count on:
It's going to be big, it's going to be beautiful, and it's going to be clean!

(Apologies to joe22xxx...not that his isn't!)

gigantikok: I'd rather not be releasing strange, unpleasent odors when I am mad thank you very much. I think I'll stick to my soap and destroy my pheromones...

...so lonley..*sniff*

:)

Big Swinging Dick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Your diet can affect how you smell (and how your cum tastes). I used to eat a lot of chocolate and I got told numerous times that my cum tasted like a Snickers chocolate bar.

two2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
when i shower at night the next day i can still smell the soap on me. something tells me this guy is a pig and probably doesn't shower often.

i'm real picky about dudes and that would of been a huge turn off for me..

and this thread is as old as shit.. probably as long as that guy u fucked last showered.