Smiley face over Australia

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That representation is hilarious. I see at least one of these planets every night. My neighbors think I am speaking bullshit when I tell them what it is. Some one always forgets it was said before and eventually says something about that very bright star in the sky. Its Venius because Jupiter is only seen at early dusk right?

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media

D_Kissimmee Coldsore

Experimental Member
Media
Just after the sun set here at around 16:00 the moon covered Venus but Jupiter was visible. Tomorrow the'll be in a nice triangle. Not too often you get to see the 3 brightest objects other than the Sun so close together.

Deno said:
Its Venius because Jupiter is only seen at early dusk right?
Because Venus is closer to the Sun than us it never appears more than about 45 degrees from the Sun (so you only see it fairly shortly after sunset or before sunrise). Jupiter can appear at any part of the sky day or night.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Folks, it was amazing to watch. I was standing across the street from my house to get a good look at the moon: Perfectly clear night sky, in only my extremely loose boxers, yelling at my entire neighborhood to 'Get up and see this fucking thing...It's AWESOME!!!'

I don't think I was much appreciated...until the few that bothered stepped out and saw it. And as the night progressed, the planets 'moved' even closer so the sideways smiley face got even more pronounced.

It felt really special.

Last edited:

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Folks, it was amazing to watch. I was standing across the street from my house to get a good look at the moon: Perfectly clear night sky, in only my extremely loose boxers, yelling at my entire neighborhood to 'Get up and see this fucking thing...It's AWESOME!!!'

I don't think I was much appreciated...until the few that bothered stepped out and saw it. And as the night progressed, the planets 'moved' even closer so the sideways smiley face got even more pronounced.

It felt really special.

It was more of a :frown1: here in Arizona but cool as I could see the whole show right out my bedroom window.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It was more of a :frown1: here in Arizona but cool as I could see the whole show right out my bedroom window.

Ha! Is only fair, cuz our Man In The Moon face in Australia is upside down from the one I grew up with in Texas/Colorado. Was so funny to make all my friends here look at the moon with their heads down...a lot had no idea there WAS a face there...x