Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The fact is that it is never a good idea to inhale products of combustion. Any combustion produces toxic substances. That's true whether it is burning tobacco, wood, rubber, gasoline, or marijuana. Even burning hydrogen produces toxic substances, i.e., oxides of nitrogen. Some of the toxic substances produced by combustion are powerful carcinogens. All cause varying degrees of lung damage and many cause damage to other organs as well.

Marijuana smoke has been found to contain higher concentrations of toxic substances than tobacco smoke. If smoking marijuana does less damage than smoking tobacco, it is only because, in general, users smoke much less of it.

Although marijuana seems to have some legitimate medical uses, it would be much better, from the health standpoint, go get it into the body by some method other than smoking it.

Thank you

rangisrovus19

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Recently, I have began to smoke just a bit before my workouts - just enough to calm and relax me. I found this to be extremely pleasing because of how much more focused I become and my attention to detail towards every movement I make. Also, I'm not as rushed as I normally feel. Therefore, my workouts become much more meditative and beneficial.

Howard1122

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Probably the effects of marijuana use vary from person to person depending on a whole range of variables. For the record I do not smoke, tobacco or marijuana or use P. This is by choice. There are guys I know whose lives are wasted by drinking and this is a far greater problem in NZ than cannabis. I cannot imagine how continuous marijuana use, as with boozing, would improve erectal performace. This fails the commonsence test. The earlier post about how [limited] marijuana may improve the blood flow seems to be correct, increasing flaccid length. Howard.

jdn1670

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Would just like to throw in my two cents. I frequently smoke pot and jelq, Yes, it makes it much easier, you can tell just how much more relaxed your soft muscles are. Can you hurt yourself easier? No, you're not a drunk dumbass, unless your smoking the best indicas known to man and forget to stop, you can't hurt yourself, most users report an increase in phallic sensitivity while under the influence (yes, they also mostly report quicker release too) so it is very hard to hurt yourself. I've been jelqing on and off for a year now, and i've already gained about a half inch in length, and a good quarter inch in girth near the head. Pot is great as passing the time, and devoloping a very mechanical/melodic rhythm, and i've noticed i myself have been able to do PE much more intently with much, much more focus than i can just sober, and i can also stand to have a much longer regime.

secondly, i wonder how many people will try and discredit me on the fact i don't have pics atm.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Inhaling ANY kind of products of combustion WILL cause lung damage and probably other damage as well. It's not a question of WHETHER, but rather, a question of HOW MUCH.

xjurgen

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do smoke pot occasionally(1-2 times per month) and as long you stick with the "occasional" thing I don't think it will do any difference. Just take care of your body and everything will be fine :)

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
FuzzyKen,

You made a very good post on food, etc. It would have been even better if you had included the risks of excessive sodium.

Unfortunately, many of us ingest far too much salt. Food manufacturers make it difficult for many people to avoid. Breakfast cereals, tomato juice, V8, canned soups, etc. etc. and loaded with far too much salt.

I've even written Campbells and pointed out that customers can easily add salt if they wish to do so, but that we cannot remove it. I suggested adding NO salt and printing on the label, "No added salt, salt to taste." When reduced salt products are available, usually they cost considerably more. Perhaps that is because excessive salt covers up off-flavors and they need to use higher quality ingredients if they don't add salt.

I've seen statistics which claim that added salt results in 100K deaths per year here in the U.S. I don' know how accurate those statistics are, but it does seem that excessive sodium is causing health problems which one would think could easily be eliminated.

Many years ago, I stopped using a salt shaker and began to avoid food items with excessive salt. It took about two weeks for my taste to adjust, but now items with added salt taste unpleasantly salty to me. If I have a meal at a restaurant and it contains excessive salt, I end up drinking a lot of water and still experience symptoms of dehydration. Then, a couple days later, my kidneys go into overdrive to get rid of the extra salt and water, forcing me to get up several times during the night.

big_tits4big_dicks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Vaporizing is the best way to keep your lungs healthy. I use a bong with plenty of wanter filtration chambers. Since I started to smoke daily for my health I have been generally a happier person, more like the old me. I also lost 65 pounds, my metabolism sped up. I have spoken with many doctors on the subject, only one wanted me to quit, and that was her moral Christian upbringing talking. Any pill that I would have to take to help my issues would have a side effect, and I always seem to get the ones that have the "stop taking and seek medical attention" warning. The side effects have fucked me up so bad, so I will take any small risk there is with pot.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Hey FRE,

Boy are you right on the salt! I am on a low salt diet simply because processed foods we eat virtually all have salt in them. Exceeding what is healthy is not only easy, it is very common.

If you think Campbells is bad news, look at any instant container of Ramen. This stuff is literally a death torpedo and what we as consumers need to realize is that this level of salt is not necessary.

If you want to get even more angry, look at the number of products that contain High Fructose Corn Syrup that do not need it. Soups are one of them. The new one because of the flap over HFSC is a sleeper called "crystalline sucrose". Look up the actions on this baby.

All of us who have kids are killing them if we do not read labels. Instant Mac and Cheese, some breakfast cereals, jams, jellies, pancake syrups, and a great deal more now contain food additives that are absolutely unnecessary.

In our home we have periodic weekend "cooking parties" where we as a family spend a weekend doing the "cook and freeze" rumba.

- - - - -

The main and actual thread subject here is the use of pot and not food consumption.

There are people with common sense and there are individuals who for whatever reason chosen or otherwise will choose to ignore what we do know.

My biological Father was an alcoholic and in fact died in 1994 with me at his side of complications of liver cancer as a result of 50 years of alcohol consumption. I watched this kill him over a period of years. I, coming from the era I did, have also seen pot do an equal quantity of damage when the usage of it is not under control. Just like alcohol, there are people who can control pot usage and there are people who cannot.

As I have stated before, I am an advocate of the use of pot for certain medical conditions simply because conventional medications are no where near as effective. I have seen individuals with advanced cancer obtain complete relief from pot. I have seen eye pressures on some with glaucoma respond to pot when conventional medications were not working well. I have seen this work well. But, I have also seen individuals who were not in control destroy their lives. I have seen health issues which can result from pot, I have seen people hauled away and their children taken by CPS because "mommy and daddy" were caught smoking pot and arrested. I have seen the legal fees for these arrests top those of drunk driving and as a result long before the economy became the foreclosure king, I have seen homes and lifetimes of work lost to simple pot. Nobody ever intended it, and shortly before the lives began to unravel, all of those people would have claimed that their usage was not going to harm anything.

No matter what we say, the legal system has determined that pot within the borders of the United States is illegal with only microscopic windows of exception. You can be arrested for possession of it, you can be arrested for buying it, you can lose everything and then some if you are caught with this stuff without one of the very few valid reasons for having it.

I come from a medical family and I have read stacks of honest well written research papers over the years. Many of these research papers were written without prejudice one way or the other and pot in some of these papers was found to have some benefits, but, the medical research data does as a whole not match the claims of most recreational users. That is where the main difference lies.

Just as a alcohol user will use very "creative" thinking to justify their use of alcohol, pot users are equally creative in justifying their usage of that substance as well. I do not dispute that anyone feels when they do use this substance, my only dispute is what the price can be for the "pleasure" that right now is still illegal.

- - -
Growing up, both of my parents were tobacco smokers, as a small child in the 1950's I was given aversion therapy to this in a big way. At that time people did not know. Thirty years later, married to different people both of my biological parents had given up tobacco based on new knowledge and what they themselves had learned. I was not the one who changed or saved anything here. They themselves had come to realize that tobacco was not a good thing. My biological Father struggled to quit smoking and when he realized the actual addiction he quit and never went back to it. He was not this successful with alcohol.

If you want to use pot recreationally I have no issue with that. First, those sharing this belief need to work hard to change the laws relating to this kind of usage. If every person who used this substance recreationally in fact really did believe in it, legislation would have already passed to change the viewpoints and legality. Only a few stand up for what they believe, so, the laws stand. Until they are changed, I will have to stand as far as recreational usage with the law.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Fuzzyken,

There is another reason not to use pot.

Probably we all know about the drug wars along the Mexican border and know that there have been thousands of deaths resulting from them. People who smoke pot are contributing to the carnage. Although it might be better simply to legalize pot, which would probably end the drug wars, it is not legal now. As civilized people, we should behave in such a way as not to create undue problems for others and, because of the current legal system and laws, smoking pot is creating undue problems for others.

Although I do not see marijuana as beneficial (with only a few exceptions) and harmless, the health problems that occasional use causes have been greatly exaggerated. That has been used to justify laws which create more problems than the drug does. It may be that if marijuana were legal, it would create fewer health problems than ethanol and tobacco.

Heroin is another drug that has not been treated objectively. Probably it, as well as other opiates, should be strictly controlled. However, in Europe, heroin is used medically and has been found to be more effective to treat intractable pain than other opiates. But here in the U.S., one reads that it has no medical uses. It seems that emotion sometimes takes precedence over objectivity.

For thousands of years, drugs have been used recreationally. Although I don't see drug use as a good idea, it seems to be part of human nature and is unlikely to change. Perhaps the best we can do is advise against it, apply age restrictions, and prohibit it only in situations where being under the influence puts the public at undue risk.

Heygirl

Just Browsing
Media
FRE it's pretty dumb to make blanket statements like "if u smoke pot you're contributing to the
Cartel wars"

Pot has been condemned by the US govt which in
Turn has caused most of society to condemn it as well. It's actually much less harmful than alcohol and all the legal pharmaceutical drugs. It does have some very beneficial medical uses as well

Heygirl

Just Browsing
Media
Whoa just saw the fuzzyken post. Hate to break
It to ya buddy but pot doesn't ruin any lives and is in no way comparable to alcohol.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
FRE it's pretty dumb to make blanket statements like "if u smoke pot you're contributing to the
Cartel wars"

Pot has been condemned by the US govt which in
Turn has caused most of society to condemn it as well. It's actually much less harmful than alcohol and all the legal pharmaceutical drugs. It does have some very beneficial medical uses as well

I don't see it as dumb at all; it is a fact! It is contributing to the drug wars; obviously the drug wars would not exist if people were not buying illegal drugs. That is independent of the health effects of marijuana or any medical benefits it may have under certain limited circumstances.

Counterproductive laws are also contributing to the drug wars. Eliminate either drug usage or the counterproductive laws, and there would be no drug wars. Both are responsible.

Heygirl

Just Browsing
Media
FRE you are being ignorant, not all pot comes
through Mexico, most of the pot consumed in
The US is grown here. That's why your blanket statements are stupid.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
FRE you are being ignorant, not all pot comes
through Mexico, most of the pot consumed in
The US is grown here. That's why your blanket statements are stupid.

I am not ignorant. Why do you assume that I think that all pot comes from Mexico? What specifically did I say that caused you to jump to that unwarranted conclusion?

The fact is that part of the pot consumed here in the U.S. DOES come from Mexico. Using pot here DOES increase the amount of pot shipped here from Mexico and DOES contribute to drug war problems.

It would be just as reasonable to say that our using large amounts of oil does not contribute to the importation of oil since some of the oil we use is extracted here in the U.S.

bigdik09

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
There is nothing dangerous about pot use whats so ever if properly used. Our brains have cannabis receptors in them. We actually produce our own cannabinoids called Endocannabinoid which is closely related to THC & cannabidiol(CBD). Endocannabinoids are essential for many body functions and are secreted into breast milk. It also has been proven to reduce the mortality rate in infants.

TObul

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
About pot, to keep it on topic jelquing is more fun and perhaps more effective on weed. Now:

If you've seen "Grass," the documentary on the history of marijuana, you would have seen there were reports done by the New York City government in the 30's, and two by the US Federal Government (the latter under Nixon, the whole time they were *desperate* to find something wrong). Each disproved the negative claims of the day and vindicated marijuana.

As for things like lung damage, a UCLA study which hypothesized out of the gate weed would promote lung cancer found it did not. In addition, in the documentary "Super High Me" the protagonist not only suffers no ill effects from his pot binge, but he in general is found to be in working order (most notably his lungs) by a doctor after 18 years of allegedly heavy use.