Smoking Green Tea

I heard a few weeks ago that smoking green tea was very pleasurable, almost similar to getting high, so I figured I would give it a shot. I didn't expect much, seeing that I was using a twinnings tea bag instead of un-fermented green tea leaves, but I was pleasantly surprised as to the effects. I smoked a green tea joint, using about half of a tea bag around two hours ago, and while it took a while for it to hit, I'm in a state of hyper-relaxation right now, almost like a full body high. It's not a very strong feeling, but it's definitely there, and I feel an unusual amount of focus. I figured it was a good time to try to knock out some physics work, and I was completely in the zone while I was doing my work, not straying my thoughts even once until someone came to my room to hang out. In short, I'm very surprised as to how well it burned, the smoothness of the smoke, and I'm extremely happy as to the results. I don't think it will become a regular occurance, but I will most definitely be on the lookout for whole leaf green tea so I can compare it to store bought. As a replacement for marijuana, I don't think it will work, but maybe using it as filler for a spliff would compliment its effects nicely. All in all, I recommend it to anyone with an open mind, seeing that it is cheap, legal, and surpisigly enjoyable!

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ok there njsurf - what's the verdict/outcome of the tea smoking? are you going to do more of this? would you recommend it?
has anyone else done this? are there any possible negatives from
doing this?

twinfin whats up

Haha... You're on grasscity? I figured someone would be :biggrin1:.

As for the verdict... I will most definitely be trying this again. I can't say much on health effects, but I'm sure it's better than smoking a cigarette. I'm still on the lookout for un-fermented whole leaf green tea if anyone has a site that they know of.

devron

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Being an uptight fucknut is bad for you too :yup:

That seems unjustly harsh. :confused: Smoke it, don't smoke it, grind it up and cook it in brownies, I don't care. Just answering the question.

Even being smoking hot?

Yup. You should see some of the weirdos that approach me looking for a piece. :wink:

Haha, that's actually why I tried smoking it in the first place. I absolutely love a nice cup of tea, so I figured I would see what the difference in "brewing temperature" would do to it. I know that burning is way above the 80 degrees celsius you should steep at, but like I said, it was well worth it.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm drinking some green tea that I bought in Japan, that I figured out cost $100.00 a pound when I got home. Don't know if I want this to go up in smoke, but I'll report back if I change my mind.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
salvia - skip the green tea go to home depot or a nursery pick up a plant. make tea, dry the leaves to smoke, or just chew. happiness is just a shopping trip away.

drink the green tea after. to cure cough or dry mouth.

ML

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
in the website THE VAULTS OF EROWID, I find a lot of things people try to smoke, and their reactions and side effects.

Anyway, I was looking it over for possible combinations and side effects for the meds i take, and found one entry on someone smoking "Zoloft"....

But its a big site. I don't think you'd find smoking tea is any different than banana peels.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actaully, there is an "experience" entry on erowid talking about smoking green tea to relax and calm urges to smoke marijuana. Not sure why tea would make you relax though, considering it's main active ingredient is caffeine. Seems like it'd be a pretty harsh smoke, I'll stick to my homegrowns

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Tea's relaxing component is L-Theanine.

That is most likely what you were "getting more of" by smoking. Why not just buy some L-Theanine capsules? Pretty cheap, hard to overdose on. Would save your lungs some agony as well.