Snacks At The Movies!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to admit, I love going to the movies and getting lost in another world in the darkness of the movie theatre, I also have to admit that I like getting a tub of popcorn and a coke and a box of Junior Mints.
On Good Morning America today they just revealed that it contains enough saturated fat for three days. The snacks are equal to eating a pound of bacon with 8 pats of butter and the whole thing adds up to 52 teaspoons of sugar!
:eek:
Do you eat movie theatre snacks? Would this revelation change your mind? It changed mine.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, I never really thought of the nutrition factor of the snacks. For me, its the cost. I would rather go out and savor a nice meal of real food than to spend exorbitant amounts of money on junk foods. (I sneak in my own snacks, ;-))

I'm a strawberry Twizzler person and always open the bag wide before the show starts to minimize irritation to my fellow patrons who..... text, gab on their cell phone, gab to each other, change their baby's diapers in the aisle, play video games, and constantly go to and from someplace.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i used to enjoy the popcorn eons ago...

but these days, i refuse to be extorted...so i bring my own snack and beverage with me, hidden on my person.

i always bring a bottle of water, and if i am in the mood for a snack, i bring a bag of peanut M&Ms or something.

I am not paying their ridiculous prices.

if i do purchase something, it will be a small popcorn...but it is never that good anymore the way it used to be back when the theaters cared about quality. it is never hot :mad:

D_Rawkesbye Deadheade

Experimental Member
Media
I've given up snacking in the cinema almost entirely; very rarely do I feel the urge to get a small popcorn or some other things to nibble on. This was largely inspired by the ridiculous amount they charge for everything. And now my cause is reinforced by the your nutrition fact.

The only thing I take into the cinema with me is a bottle of water that I have either brought with me or bought it somewhere else where they charge "normal" price.

D_Tilly_De_Toilet

Experimental Member
Media
Would this revelation change your mind? It changed mine.

Nope. I rarely go to the movies anymore and even when I do I only buy popcorn/candy if I'm seeing some big crappy blockbuster movie (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings). Maybe two or three times a year I'll buy snacks at the theater.

The snacks are equal to eating a pound of bacon with 8 pats of butter

That does sound pretty good right about now though.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have to admit, I love going to the movies and getting lost in another world in the darkness of the movie theatre, I also have to admit that I like getting a tub of popcorn and a coke and a box of Junior Mints.
On Good Morning America today they just revealed that it contains enough saturated fat for three days. The snacks are equal to eating a pound of bacon with 8 pats of butter and the whole thing adds up to 52 teaspoons of sugar!
:eek:
Do you eat movie theatre snacks? Would this revelation change your mind? It changed mine.

I get the exact same thing as you do, except pepsi if they have it, otherwise coke will do. I don't go to the movies enough for it to concern me that much. And I don't always get it. I get a drink every time if I can though. It is a rip off though. I don't like going to the local theater as much. I admit part of it is because it is 'old' compared to the one I do like going to as far as modern theaters go. But it is like 30 minutes away, more expensive in every way. But I'll be damned, those are the most comfortable theater seats I have ever sat in. And they have great sound, it is easy to see everything. And they have 16 screens, so they show a lot more movies, for longer. And they added Imax a while ago. I saw Watchmen in Imax. Best $13 I ever spent on a movie. However I want Micheal Bay to give me my $13 back. It wasn't awful, but come on, it was the same movie except Optimus suddenly starts kicking ass (like he should've in the first place) and it was way longer than it should've been. And those stereotypical 'black' twins? Awful, just awful.

Anyway, yeah, I like eating snacks there. Wish they weren't robbing me though.

The Olympic Club is very cool though. They only show 3 movies, the last one usually being the good one (but you have to be 21+), and it is attached to a restaurant and a bar. And the theater area is full of couches and chairs and tables. Servers give you your food while you wait. And they have a urinal that is one solid piece of porcelain that is like the size of a car. The movie itself is cheap because they are always movies that are no longer in theaters. So the cost might end up being close to the same or even less! But at least you get a real and good meal out of it, like a steak or a good burger. So I try to go there when I can. When I'm 21 though, then I'll definitely go more.