Snails.

We have had quite a bit of wet weather here in South East Queensland of late. I have a door into the laundry from the outside which is one third glass at the top. On it I have an A4 sheet of paper as a sign and wording on it. It's not important about the wording...anyway my partner noticed it was being eaten away, I knew it to be snail damage because the little buggers love your mail if you leave it in the letterbox to long in the wet season.

I put a new sign up and the next day here was a little bugger having a feed on one corner..being the attenborough sort I did not want to harm it so picked it off and put it outside. Bugger me dead, the next day there was another one there, then I thought, nah, could not be the same one. So I got the liquid paper pen and marked it's shell and put it outside in a different spot. Yup, the same little bugger was back the next day gnawing on the paper again. Wodered if it was following it's own scent or trail?

So I placed it way, way out the back. Did not come back, unless it is still on it's way. True story and not a Snail Tale at all.

Corry's Slug and Snail Death would have taken care of that problem for you right quick!

The Bluetongue Lizards I have around here make a meal of the snails..If I start using bait then it works it's way up the chain to the Owls...I'm more the curious type anyhoo, intrigues me to watch and understand what makes the little guys around our feet tick. You don't wanna know what I do with meat ants and breasts. Curious or kinky, one of them :)

Attachments

butter and garlic, a dry white wine. :)

That's the Frenchman speaking I reckon. If I still lived next to the old Maltese guy when I grew up as a kid. He had us collecting them for him, he loved to eat snails. His wife did not appreciate it though:)

B_jdunhill

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I agree. no poisons. there must be a natural solution. Someone told me snails hate chalk and coffee grounds, for problems in the garden. I still say leave a clove of garlic and a pan on the stoop :)

Hand_Solo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
slugs are attacted to stale beer; I'd imagine their shelled cousins would be as well. Dig a small hole that will hold a pan of beer, cover with a piece of cardboard, and leave enough room for the snails to crawl in. They drown in the beer.

Salt works quite well, but you've gotta be careful salting your soil-- just ask the Carthaginians.

slugs are attacted to stale beer; I'd imagine their shelled cousins would be as well. Dig a small hole that will hold a pan of beer, cover with a piece of cardboard, and leave enough room for the snails to crawl in. They drown in the beer.

Salt works quite well, but you've gotta be careful salting your soil-- just ask the Carthaginians.

Or be woken up in the middle of the night by all the snails having a wild drunken party. :) Thanks for the hits hans.