Snap uk election..

D

deleted569656

The nation seems to be coming together in favour of Brexit....

Crowds of retarded Neanderthals wearing masks terrify ordinary working reception and office staff in a show of ignorance and civil disobedience, a pointless show of violence whipped up by the same idiot youth on social media who tried thankfully unsuccessfully to get corbyn into number 10. May rightly pledges £5 million to help families of fire victims.

Calls for stability and backing of the elected government in difficult times.
Semi elected! Although I voted conservative, I think Theresa should be ashamed for hiding constantly from the public!

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Semi elected! Although I voted conservative, I think Theresa should be ashamed for hiding constantly from the public!

The mood of the crowd is such that had May met the residents she would have had stuff thrown at her and been spat at. The police operation to keep her safe would have been enormous and the spirit of the crowd such that the exercise may have led to injuries among the police. May could not have done otherwise.

The Momentum lynch mob is as dangerous as a gun. We have to treat it with similar caution. This afternoon we have seen the Momentum lynch mob storm the council building.

McDonnell has called for 1m people to take part in a Momentum lynch mob on 1st July. If this happens, imagine the policing effort needed. It will be leave cancelled for every police officer. Imagine the potential for attacks on the police.

May has to be Prime Minister. She mustn't make herself lynch-mob fodder.

Last edited:
Reactions: southeastone

southeastone

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

Agreed but she did get the most votes and seats, thankfully! I think she is learning the lesson that the world of celebrity now gripping everyone means she has to do more public stuff hence her hospital visits today.

D

deleted938578

Lesson? How about having a half decent manifesto and not replying on rainman like sound bites!

Reactions: deleted569656

southeastone

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
The mood of the crowd is such that had May met the residents she would have had stuff thrown at her and been spat at. The police operation to keep her safe would have been enormous and the spirit of the crowd such that the exercise may have led to injuries among the police. May could not have done otherwise.

The Momentum lynch mob is as dangerous as a gun. We have to treat it with similar caution. This afternoon we have seen the Momentum lynch mob storm the council building.

McDonnell has called for 1m people to take part in a Momentum lynch mob on 1st July. If this happens, imagine the policing effort needed. It will be leave cancelled for every police officer. Imagine the potential for attacks on the police.

May has to be Prime Minister. She mustn't make herself lunch-mob fodder.

Agreed, sadly McDonnell I fear has started a riot and I wish when it goes wrong he could be charged with incitement to violence

D

deleted569656

May has to be Prime Minister. She mustn't make herself lynch-mob fodder.

Hmmm...Corbyn, Andrea leadsom and even the Queen managed to visit and speak to the residents

D

deleted938578

Totally agreed. Although I'm not sure what a decent manifesto would look like.
I'm actually quite interested why you are a Tory voter? You seem pretty reasonable and intelligent. Are you very wealthy?

The Tories now stand up for about 5% of people if you look at their track record since they became neoliberals in the late 70s! I can understand people voting for them before that, but now?

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Crowds of retarded Neanderthals wearing masks terrify ordinary working reception and office staff in a show of ignorance and civil disobedience, a pointless show of violence whipped up by the same idiot youth on social media who tried thankfully unsuccessfully to get corbyn into number 10.
pointless eh? You mean the government will not listen, so no point trying to persuade them? i fancy the protestors were complaining not merely about the fire, but that while they have to live in that sort of accommodtion, there are luxury houses nearby standing empty. i don't doubt that is why the conservatives just lost their MP in Kensington to labour.

Probably it didnt help that council tax is so low. there was someone being interviewed from the council saying they were only allowed to put it up a little bit each year anyway, so it would not make much difference. However, he seemed to rather miss the point, that if it could be put up £1.5 million each year, then in 7 years of tory rule it would have gone up to £10 million. Enough to refurbish a tower block (properly!) every year. Maybe thats why they were storming the town hall.

The problem for local tories might be that so many of the properties are now owned as second homes either by Uk citizens or foreigners, that there arent any rich people actually living there in all that valuable luxury accommodation who might vote tory.

May rightly pledges £5 million to help families of fire victims.
So what about all the people living in blocks which havn't burn down?

Calls for stability and backing of the elected government in difficult times.
These arent difficult times. Post WW2 was a difficult time, and the government set about building new houses to deal with the shortage. There never would have been a shortage then except for the war destroying existing houses. This time round the shortage has been allowed to grow by government policy refusing to allow new ones built. Across the entire country. Its insane. These are not difficult times. 95% of the nation is not built on (even less in Scotland and the more remote parts, that applies to the so-called crowded south east) We are richer than we have ever been so can afford to do the building, which anyway will in time pay for itself because houses generate rental incomes or get sold for more than they cost to build.

D

deleted569656

I'm actually quite interested why you are a Tory voter? You seem pretty reasonable and intelligent. Are you very wealthy?

The Tories now stand up for about 5% of people if you look at their track record since they became neoliberals in the late 70s! I can understand people voting for them before that, but now?

Haha am I very wealthy? Nope. Not poor either. Very middle of the road.

At the time I thought they were the most likely people to get a decent brexit deal

Reactions: Joll

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
At the time I thought they were the most likely people to get a decent brexit deal
The only decent Brexit deal is to cancel the whole thing and remain a member. The Uk joined the EU BECAUSE IT HAD NO CHOICE. people were just as patriotic then as now, but they knew the empire was finished and the Uk had to be part of a bigger trading block. So thats what they did. It is a total and utter delusion to believe there is any other block we could belong to or any means of replacing the support the EU gives us. People arguing that our trade with the EU is declining are simply pointing out that the UK is steadily becoming lesss competitive than our associates inside the EU. Just how is that going to play if we leave it? There are lots of things wrong with the Uk, and nonea re caused by the EU.

For example,
1)Inadequate taxes on companies. This means a grater share of wealth is ending up in the hands of owners of companies and not workers. this is bad on grounds of justice, but also on economic grounds. If all the money goes to few, the majority have none with which to buy goods and the economy cannot function. Oddly, giving money to the poor makes everyone richer.
2)Government policy to give away money to companies has been accompanied by a collapse in the power of unions, so they cannot stand up for the needs of the workers. Critics will no doubt claim unions were cut down because they were too powerful, but the opposite is now true.
3) globalised companies are out of control, shifting their corporate HQs to where taxes are lowest, and so on. Its perfectly possible to stop this, and tax companies on profits made locally. We just dont do it.
4) The UK spends far less on health than comparable countries.
5) The Uk has a massive housing shortage. In fact this ought to be top of the list. Maybe it isnt obvious why it should be, but stop to consider. Suppose your house cost half as much. That means you would have paid only half as much for it, and would have that money as cash to spend on something else. Realistically, probably houses should cost less than half: there is no pressure on building companies to built more efficiently when profits are so huge. What they are really doing is hoarding building land and pushing up prices because they reckon they can make more from rising prices than actual building. Think what you could do with that extra cash.
6) UK education is not fit for purpose. It is turning out the wrong sort of graduates so there is a skills shortage and a need for immigration.
7)The Uk economy is inefficient. Wages, particularly at the low end, are too low so that Uk people simply will not do the work. This gives rise to a need for immigration. Increased mechanisation would free up more people, and higher wages would make people willing to do the manual jobs machines cannot do.

D

deleted569656

The only decent Brexit deal is to cancel the whole thing and remain a member. The Uk joined the EU BECAUSE IT HAD NOT CHOICE. people were just as patriotic then as now, but they knw the empire was finished and the Uk had to part of a bigger trading block. So thats what they did. It is a total and utter delusion to believe there is any other block we could belong to or any means of replacing the support the EU gives us. people arguing that our trade with the EU is declining are simply pointing out that the UK is steadily becoming lesss competitive than our associates inside the EU. Just how is that going to play if we leave it? There are lots of things wrong with the Uk, and none re caused by the EU.

For example,
1)Inadequate taxes on companies. This means a grater share of wealth is ending up in the hands of owners of companies and not workers.
2)Government policy to give away money to companies has been accompanied by a collapse in the power of unions, so they cannot stand up for the needs of the workers. Critics will no doubt claim unions were cut down because they were too powerful, but the opposite is now true.
3) globalised companies are out of control, shifting their corporate HQs to where taxes are lowet, and so on. Its perfectly possible to stop this, and tax companies on profits made locally. We just dont do it.
4) The UK spends far less on health than comparable countries.
5) The Uk has a massive housing shortage. In fact this ought to be top of the list. Maybe it isnt obvious why it should be, but stop to consider. Suppose your house cost half as much. That means you would have paid only half as much for it, and would have that money as cash to spend on something else. Realistically, probably houses should cost less than half: there is no pressure on building companies to built more efficiently when profits are so huge. What they are really doing is hoarding building land and pushing up prices because they reckon they can make more from rising prices than actual building. Think what you could do with that extra cash.
6) UK education is not fit for purpose. It is turning out the wrong sort of graduates so there is a skills shortage and a need for immigration.
7)The Uk economy is inefficient. Wages, particularly at the low end, are too low so that Uk people simply will not do the work. This gives rise to a need for immigration. Increased mechanisation would free up more people, and higher wages would make people willing to do the manual jobs machines cannot do.

I agree. I'm a remainer however cancelling the whole thing is not gonna happen

Reactions: Joll

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree. I'm a remainer however cancelling the whole thing is not gonna happen
it will if you campaign for it. The public is beginning to understand that brexit cannot work. Hard brexit is worse than soft brexit, and hard brexit was just offered to the public and rejected. Hard brexit would strip us of the economic benefits we get from the EU.

But soft brexit is worse than no brexit. Soft brexit would strip us of the political power we exercise over the EU. If we leave they will simply do what they want without us. For example, we will no longer be able to veto changes to rules about banking which as currently set up benefit the Uk. if we are no longer a member, they will make rules to benefit themselves. obviously.

If we are no longer a member, either soft or hard brexit, chances are we shalll have to obey most EU rules anyway. Thats a plain fact if we want to trade with them. International standards are set by the big players, one of whom is the EU. They will carry on making rules and we must follow. All we are doing if we leave the EU is hiding in a rabbit burrow and refusing to face reality. MPs know this perfectly well, but most would rather get elected than argue for what is right or true. May is a classic example, where she promises to 'do her best to get a good deal'. Sure do her best, but she never says she knows it will be a bad deal whatever she does, if we leave.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Interesting debate on the radio now about May and her image as prime minister. Commentators suggested she needs to go out, meet people and admit she was wrong, if she is to rehabilitate her image. Problem, of course, is that she needs to go out and admit she was wrong about brexit. But she always knew this and was simply speaking the party line, that she would carry through hard brexit and make the best of it that she could. Never did say she thought it would work.

So, to be honest with the public she needs to go out and tell them she thinks Brexit is a mistake. Difficult one for the conservtives to admit.

southeastone

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Interesting debate on the radio now about May and her image as prime minister. Commentators suggested she needs to go out, meet people and admit she was wrong, if she is to rehabilitate her image. Problem, of course, is that she needs to go out and admit she was wrong about brexit. But she always knew this and was simply speaking the party line, that she would carry through hard brexit and make the best of it that she could. Never did say she thought it would work.

So, to be honest with the public she needs to go out and tell them she thinks Brexit is a mistake. Difficult one for the conservtives to admit.

Go meet the public, good idea until you include the type of fuckwits who terrorised the town hall staff in Kensington yesterday, how much police budget will that take to stop the lynch mob?

eurotop40

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

May should probably better go home (and I do not mean Nr. 10).