SNL Skewers Obama: So Far I've Accomplished Nothing! Nada!

D

deleted15807

It's funny watching the neos blame unemployment on the 'business cycle' when Bush was in office and now blame it on government (Obama of course) when a democrat is in office. We can have it both ways don't you know.

scotchirish

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Frankly, as for the Olympics, I think it should be taken into consideration that 2 of the last 7 Olympic games have been in the US, I'm sure the committee likes to have a bit of diversity, and according to our media, the world hates us...so, sadly, the decision makes sense to me.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
sadly, it is true.

and of course they left out quite a few things like:

-throwing our allies overboard on the missile shield, in return for Russian cooperation on Iran...which is now not happening

-looking weaker than the President of France, on the Iran issue
- bowing and apologizing to every country in the world...and still getting nothing back in return

Our allies weren't thrown overboard by Obama on the "missile shield" issue.
Circa 2002 G.W. Bush withdrew the U.S.A. from the 1972 ABM treaty with Russia causing fears that he might reignite the Cold War.

Bush: Russia's new president a 'smart guy' - Russia- msnbc.com

So it came to pass that G.W.Bush, the warmonger, planned to install ballistic missiles in Eastern Europe based upon the pretext of the threat from Iran, although Iran posed no nuclear or ballistic threat to the West. Russia thought that Bush's proposed missile system could be turned against it someday and thus viewed it as the start of another arms race. Bush rebuffed Russia's alternate suggestions, such as the use of a miltary base in Russia, and U.S.- Russian relations hit a low point.

OBAMA IN NEW GAME OVER MISSILES AND IRAN :: The Online Pioneer and Ideals - World News :: Bringing you the International News

Obama scrapped the unnecessary military defense plan and "reset" relations with Russia. The U.S. and Russia are to sign another arms limitations treaty and reduce their number of nuclear weapons. Russia has allowed the U.S. access to its airspace and land routes to Afghanistan.

Russia Allows Use Of Air Space For Military Cargo Flights To Afghanistan

sadly, it is true.

- bowing and apologizing to every country in the world...and still getting nothing back in return

^^It's hilarious how Obama's efforts at diplomacy were disparged by 24065 and others.
He did get something in return -the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009.:biggrin1:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Our allies weren't thrown overboard by Obama on the "missile shield" issue.

from Iran, although Iran posed no nuclear or ballistic threat to the West. Russia thought that Bush's proposed missile system could be turned
-

Obama scrapped the unnecessary military defense plan and "reset" relations with Russia. The U.S. and Russia are to sign another arms limitations treaty and reduce their number of nuclear weapons. Russia has allowed the U.S. access to its airspace and land routes to Afghanistan.

-

He did get something in return -the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009.:biggrin1:

he got the nobel peace prize for transporting weapons through Russia to Afghanistan? a bit ironic, no?

Iran is, in fact a nuclear and ballistic missile threat to the west.

they are developing nuclear weapons.
they have short range ballistic missiles easily capable of hitting a NATO ally, who is their neighbor right on their border, Turkey.

they are currently and have been at work, with the assistance of Russia and China on the development of the Shahab 5 and Shahab 6 missiles...which will eventually put all of Europe in range.

as for the missile shield, i guess you missed the *NEW* missile shield plan, that is already pissing Russia off

and his "reset" hasn't meant anything. the only reason to give up the original missile defense plan was to obtain Russian help in getting Iran to stop its nuclear weapons drive...and that won't happen.

and he did throw over our allies in the Czech Republic and Poland...who are ostensibly, and for good reason, scared shitless of Russia.

and, just FYI....*OBAMA'S* new missile plan, as of yesterday, is now pissing the Russians off...so, is he now reigniting the cold war, like, say Bush was?

AFP: US seeks to reassure Russia on missile shield plan

the fact is, all of this has been nothing more than a ploy by the Russians to weaken NATO ballistic and short range missile defense, while Russia still retains their conventional power to threaten its former satellite states, while still helping Iran rush headlong in to being a nuclear power, capable of threatening europe.

these are the exact same Russians in charge from the good old days, and they are not pleased at Russia's weakened state.

as for us "reducing" our nuclear weapons with Russia, i do not care about that at all.

i am not concerned about Russia and her nuclear weapons...i am concerned about Russia *PROTECTING* IRan as she rushes to *GET* them.

it does us absolutely zero good if we reduce our nuclear stockpile by 200 missiles and the Russians do too, but the Iranians then get the capability to make nuclear missiles...

*THAT* is the endgame.

our relations have not been reset at all.

the Russians got us to give up a crucial system, and in return, did not have to do anything to get it.

that, is a shit deal.

you want to impress me? give up the missile shield, and in return, get

- a *50%* reduction in Russia conventional forces, and a repositioning of all remaining Russian conventional forces at least 200 miles within Russian borders
- a cessation of all help from Russia for any and all Iranian missile and conventional systems as well as nuclear assistance and military sales to Iran.
- an agreeing of major sanctions against Iran

it is called Quid Pro Quo...not "give away the store"

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Late-Night Comedians Turning on Obama

"That's pretty amazing, winning the Nobel Peace Prize," Jay Leno said Friday night of President Barack Obama's latest accolade. "Ironically, his biggest accomplishment as president so far ... winning the Nobel Peace Prize."

That joke may be indicative of the TV comedy world sharpening its arrows a bit more when the current occupant of the White House is the target, The New York Times reports.

SNL this weekend joined in the jokes about Obama not deserving the prize just yet, suggesting that honors like People's Sexiest Man designation may soon go to children.
-

Yahoo! TV - the one with Hader as James Carville is laugh out loud funny

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Liberals are skewering the man for being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Think Vinyl. :rolleyes:

That is highly unlikely.

Oh no! People on the left side of the political spectrum are not of one monolithic mindset!

Anyway, I've only heard about 3 or 4 pro-Obama-winning-the-Nobel-Prize arguments. I'm one of those people on the left who doesn't really agree with that decision. Maybe in a few years after he'd been highly visible on the international stage for a while, his selection would have made more sense.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
As bare an assertion that "Yes, I will reflexively oppose and obstruct anything Obama attempts to do; and I will root against him every single time, even when it means rooting against the best interests of the nation or a constituent component thereof", as we are likely to get.

Thanks, ST.

So two posts in response to mine, neither of which addresses my point.

More than likely because you rarely make one salient enough to compel it.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Liberals are Wibewaws awe skewewing the man fow being awawded the Nobew Peace Pwize. Dink Vinyw. Dat is highwy unwikewy.

Wow... you are very deserving of the Fuddisms.
You act as if people cannot support someone while still issuing critiques. Just how dumb are you, scwewy wabbit? You think because Liberals are criticizing one of their own that they won't support him from here on out? Again, how fuckin' dumb ARE you?

Politics has never been a binary issue. Only scewey wabbits like your sorry ass would even IMPLY that everyone on the left are going to throw Obama "under the bus" because he didn't turn down the Nobel Prize. Only idiots like you, who can't speak for themselves and hides behind walls of other people's comments, would THINK that in order to support someone that it has to be 100% of the time or none at all. You can copy/paste all of the political editorials and blogs you want that states otherwise. Common sense should tell you, IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Then again, you are also a birther as well so I'm sure common sense isn't telling you anything worth a damn anyhow.

How old are you again? Jeez... even my 9 year old niece isn't THIS stupid. :rolleyes: