SNL: Takes on Obama's "Deeply Unpopular Healthcare Bill (Video)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trinity, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

SNL: Takes on Obama's "Deeply Unpopular Healthcare Bill" (Video)

Huffington Post

Funny! :biggrin1:

2. finsuptx

finsuptx New Member

Here's Chatty Cathy again... pulling her own string!

3. midlifebear

Gold Member

Ahhh, the blessing of the Ignore feature!

4. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    "The Troll That Walks Like a Man" known as Trinsanity fails to understand that SNL is a comedy and uses satire to portray the events of the times. It is not a documentary. I wonder if Trin saw the Funny or Die video featuring past and current SNLers. I'm sure that our fave forum gender bender is on the side of big business on the issue they lampoon.

Funny or Die's Presidential Reunion from Will Ferrell, Chevy Chase, Ron Howard, Jim Carrey, Fred Armisen, Darrell Hammond, Dan Aykroyd, Maya Rudolph, Dana Carvey, FOD Team, Jake, and Antonio Scarlata - Video

5. sargon20

Gold Member

The next enhancement is to IGNORE thread titles as well. We need to campaign for that as well.

6. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Wow. Angry tirade when SNL goes to town on Obama and his "Deeply Unpopular Healthcare Bill" :rolleyes:

7. D_Harvey Schmeckel

D_Harvey Schmeckel New Member

"Acknowledged the consistent unpopularity"?

How about "repeated the fraudulent right-wing meme that health-care reform is unpopular, despite its overwhelming popular support."

8. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    Satirizing this issue doesn't mean that they(SNL) are against it. They are simply poking fun at what is going on around them. For anyone to be angry with SNL we would have to be as simple minded as Trinsanity and take a comedy show seriously. And besides SNL is not as good as it was even 15 years ago.

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

SNL makes fun of ALL politicians. They've been doing this since the very beginning. What's even funnier is that this is the second time someone as ignorant as our beloved forum troll tried to use an SNL skit as a catalyst for its usual "OBAMA BAD" rhetoric and it's pathetic. That is, unless, the troll can somehow convince everyone that every single person affiliated with SNL is gonna vote Republican, Libertarian or whatever political tag it wants to gurgle in its venomous throat come in 2010/12. And I'm sure it'll have a variety of carefully selected poll numbers and editorial pieces to back its bigoted claims, acting as if they're somehow more relevant because they write for established periodicals.

Never has an act of vehement hatred been so carefully documented than the guise that is Trinsanity. Nobody should be taking this fool seriously.

10. Big Irish

Big Irish Member

Yeah!! Hate those libertarians! hate, hate,. Funny how you're only open minded, and kind if you hate the right people, or believe the current haters beliefs (its on both sides of the aisle). This is where people lose me. They claim to want peace and love and understanding, but only if you agree with them. Right,vinylboy?! I for one believe in going against the "group think", and am part of the largest political group in America...Independent! Imagine my surprise when I dropped my party affiliation and became MAINSTREAM!

Largely, I believe in the most important right of all...The right to be left the hell alone!

11. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

Nothing political about my post but after watching the episode of SNL that cold open was one of the unfunniest things on the show I can re-call in a long time (and that ain't saying much). Almost totally devoid of any humour.

12. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    That has been the problem with SNL for years now. It used to be a must see program but IMO around the time Phil Hartman left the consistency left and the comedy became hit or miss.

13. Trinity

Trinity New Member

:rolleyes:Yeah, all evidence to contrary! LOL

This must be the condition Obama, Pelosi and Reid operate under...hmmm

14. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Independent, you say? Heh... don't play yourself.
    That just means you reserve your judgement on a politician till the very end. Look through your voting history... how many (I)s appear on your track record?

I'm independent in thought alone. I've voted Democrat and have also backed Republicans. Can't say that I voted for many "Independents" since even the mass majority of them don't have the balls to run under the (I). And even then, their loyalties lies more towards one side than the other. I don't hate political parties either... my problems is with some of the voices that echo from within the party lines. Is it my fault that some parties seem to trumpet my beliefs more than others? Is it a shortcoming if I find more solace in the fair treatment of people instead of prioritized treatment based on outward appearance? By all means, find me a Democrat, Republican, Libertarian or whomever that really reflects my beliefs on Civil Rights issues. Find me one that doesn't intentionally try to divide people based on financial or social class differences in order to defend the bank accounts of their investors. And since we all know every politician does this to some degree, find me the one that does it less frequent or severely.

But by all means... don't beat your chest in front of me about how you roll. It really means nothing to me. No political party is devoid of idiots. I just look for the people within them have at least a thread of common sense.

#14 B_VinylBoy, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  15. punk09

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Any why would anyone to the left of Atilla the Hun support a bill that forces Americans to buy crappy private insurance under penalty of IRS fines, keeps Americans paying the highest prescription drug prices in the world, subsidizing cheap meds in Europe, and then taxes the premiums of those who have bargained good health care?

The DLC and corporate Democrats have a political death wish. In 1994 they did NAFTA first and then lost the Congress to what was then the far right wing. Now, they are pushing the Health Insurers and Pharma Corporate Welfare Act of 2010 which will visit similar results upon them.

How much damage did NAFTA do to our economy? How much damage did a GOP Congress do to our economy between 1995 and 2007? If the Democrats gave a damn about Americans and what we thought, they'd be our champions instead of cudgels for their corporate patrons.

This is not a crappy bill because Obama is black, not because he was "not a citizen," and not because of fear of a "government takeover" of health care. This is a crappy bill because a majority of Americans want European style public health and the political calculus here is tilted so far to the right that any objection from the right craters any effort.

So politics in the US is as follows: The GOP wins, progressives and liberals get screwed. The Democrats win, progressives and liberals get screwed. Is it any wonder that progressives and liberals are starting to figure out that it doesn't matter who's sitting in the Oval Office, that there is a straight line of antidemocratic corporate governance stretching back to Reagan, through Bush I, Klinton, Bush II and Obama?

16. D_Harvey Schmeckel

Ma'am/Ms., I'm going to put you on ignore now, because you are an obvious troll. As for "evidence to the contrary" you miss the distinction between support for health care reform and support for any particular bill.

Majorities have consistently supported a public option, which is absolutely health care reform, and here is one fairly recent 60/40 result:

Most in U.S. want public health option: poll | Reuters

If many don't support the current legislation perhaps much of that is due to the fact that it does not REFORM THE CURRENT SYSTEM ENOUGH, not that we oppose reform.

17. D_Harvey Schmeckel

So politics in the US is as follows: The GOP wins, progressives and liberals get screwed. The Democrats win, progressives and liberals get screwed. Is it any wonder that progressives and liberals are starting to figure out that it doesn't matter who's sitting in the Oval Office, that there is a straight line of antidemocratic corporate governance stretching back to Reagan, through Bush I, Klinton, Bush II and Obama?[/QUOTE]

True enough, but one case of getting screwed involved zero lube and lots of abusive insulting language, while the other involved sweet seductive nothings and lots of lube.

18. Trinity

Trinity New Member

If you have to put someone on ignore to ignore them...then do what you need to do. However, that will not change what you wrote. You addressed SNL's statement on Obama's Deeply Unpopular Healthcare Plan.

That has been rejected by the majority, hence the "deeply unpopular" reference. :rolleyes:

19. punk09

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    True enough, but one case of getting screwed involved zero lube and lots of abusive insulting language, while the other involved sweet seductive nothings and lots of lube.[/QUOTE]

So many liberals and progressives are enamored with losing, with being on the receiving end of major dildo action in politics. But some of is are actually political tops, or are at least versatile.

Never again can any Democrat blame any Green for voting for Ralph Nader in 2000. These corpocrats will sell us out to their patrons whenever they con us into giving them power again.

The GOP makes no bones about this, corporate dominance is an article of faith for them, but the Democrabs go to elaborate lengths to tell us it ain't so, and then serve us the shit sandwich every time.

20. maxcok

Gold Member

.:chairfall: Ah yes, I always look to crap comedy shows for political insight. :boobies: :lmao:

#20 maxcok, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted