Snoring

B_Artful Dodger

Experimental Member
Media
Girls snoring is very unsexy... I know that it cant be helped, but I would consider it a very serious decider in a relationship. I know that sounds quite bad but I need my beauty sleep :wink:

Honey123

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's one thing to snore, and it's another if the blockage that causes the snoring is obstructive enough to hold the person's breath. I have sleep apnea as well and, during my sleep study, held my breath for over a minute.

My cpap machine makes it sound like you're sleeping in the same room as Dath Vader. I hate it.

Sounds like it's time to see what your durable medical benefits are on your insurance plan and get another one. My old one made a lot more noise - not quite that bad though. Also, the style of mask can affect the sound. My new mask has a different kind of vent and i don't have to fight as much to breath out with it. It goes under the nose.

Not sure if it is this exact one, but it is similar ResMed Mirage Swift™ II Nasal Pillows System: nasal masks as well as full face breathing systems

Totally worth the money for the upgrade on the new machine and mask.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

My cousin and her hubby solved the problem by sleeping in separate bedrooms.

And that's what we do, njqt: separate bedrooms.

I sleep fine now but there are drawbacks:

* utterly ruined spontaneous intimacy
* contributed to general lack of togetherness
* double the cost while travelling (now need a two bedroom hotel room)
* me sleeping on the floor or on a couch while overnighting with relatives, etc.

:frown1:

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sounds like it's time to see what your durable medical benefits are on your insurance plan and get another one. My old one made a lot more noise - not quite that bad though. Also, the style of mask can affect the sound..

As far as the mask is concerned, once it gets loose, it starts sounding like it's farting. Absolutely annoying, but fixes easily (just tighten the straps).

My new mask has a different kind of vent and i don't have to fight as much to breath out with it. It goes under the nose.

Not sure if it is this exact one, but it is similar ResMed Mirage Swift™ II Nasal Pillows System: nasal masks as well as full face breathing systems

Totally worth the money for the upgrade on the new machine and mask.

I tried that mask and the pressure from my CPAP machine itself dislodges the nosepiece. The place I got it from warned me that it's not for high pressure settings, but I wouldn't listen. I may look into the newer models though to see what new bells and whistles they have. Thanks for the advice.

Explorer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My bf snores but also sighs in his sleep. It doesn't bother me cause I grew up with a loud ass snoring brother. My bf also has the habit of shaking his foot while asleep, that took some getting use to but its cool. I've noticed it'll shake then rub/brush up against mine in a soft intimate way. At first I told he was trying to get me up for some sex but when I would look at him he was sleep, lol...

Honey123

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Another thing Muttley... when I got my first machine they programmed it to be the highest level of airflow that I could take without it waking me up. The new theology is to give you the minimum flow that it takes to keep the airways open and prevent the apena episodes. So, the new norm is a lower pressure than it used to be. I went from a 20 to a 10 (or something like that).

I still wake up with the machine turned off and the mask on the table next to the machine where I keep it. I have no memory of turning off the machine or taking off the mask. Most the time I look at the clock and if it is before 3 AM i put it back on.

Florida Boy

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Another thing Muttley... when I got my first machine they programmed it to be the highest level of airflow that I could take without it waking me up. The new theology is to give you the minimum flow that it takes to keep the airways open and prevent the apena episodes. So, the new norm is a lower pressure than it used to be. I went from a 20 to a 10 (or something like that).

I still wake up with the machine turned off and the mask on the table next to the machine where I keep it. I have no memory of turning off the machine or taking off the mask. Most the time I look at the clock and if it is before 3 AM i put it back on.

You are correct they do it the opposite Way now. I was started on an eight and it only helped by 50%. I was creased to a 10 and the figure was reduced by half of that. Now, I am testing a 12 and a different mask. This mask covers nose and mouth. My technician told me that I stored with the other mask. My partner is deaf. so he could not determine that I snored less. With the new setting and mask I believe it is starting to work and I actually feel better throughout most of the day and do not fall asleep at red lights. I will get evaluated again after another several weeks at these settings. I believe the blockages will be nearly 0. At least, I hope so.

About forgetting having taken the mask off and deactivated the machine: I would be very concerned about that.

jerryhall

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Luckily my boyfriend and I fall asleep at the same time, cuz he snores like hell. He says I snore too, but I stayed up all night one night and didn't hear a thing...

I think a lot of the sleep apnea stuff is exaggerated. The human race has been snoring since day one, get over it.

Of course I don't believe in peanut allergies either so maybe I'm a bit extremist.