Snow in London!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
According to one member here, The snow in London was frightful today and everyone stayed home from work and school. So LPSG members in London...How did you spend the day?

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Freezin my ass off!!!

My boy made it to School....just.

I literally went to and from his School 2day and to the SuperMarket that was it!!

wasn't working 2day...and no way was I hanging around in THAT!!!! x

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i'm further north in the central england but the snow was heavy too...nowhere near as bad as the south east but my god the media makes the situation so much worse when the capital is affected.....if the snowstorm hit the north then it wouldnt be on the news in th US for a start

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
According to one member here, The snow in London was frightful today and everyone stayed home from work and school. So LPSG members in London...How did you spend the day?

On here, of course! Well, not the whole day, but more than usual, lol.

It was very pretty out there though. It was big-flaked "sticky" snow, so it settled well and coated the branches of trees. Some kids built a really good snowman in my street, complete with hat and scarf. Buses didn't run until late in the day, so lots of people didn't bother trying to get to work.

I dug out my hiking boots and burberry check scarf (deeply unfashionable now, but everybody seemed to get one for christmas this year, and we all wear them with a faint air of embarrasment) and trudged to the shops. There was hardly any traffic, the air was good and fresh and people seemed brighter and more alive than usual. The parks were full of kids having fun with the snow.

Today the sun is out and the sky is blue. There's bit of a thaw now and the transport system is running again. It was good while it lasted.

Adam Bleytou

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It was like a blizzard out yesterday. Only now the snow is starting to melt away.

Nearly everyone I know has used it as an excuse to get off work... including me. :smile:

London_Calling

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I made it in to work without any problems although we left a couple of hours early in case we got stranded!!
I thought it was a lot more treachourous coming in this morning now that it's freezing over. It was like a bloody ice rink walking through Covent Garden!

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Kinda funny actually, we had that amount of snow three weeks ago, when it also was freezing minus 15 degrees. So it stayed for a week on the ground like that. But we had to go too school:mad:.
No dropping out of that one. Well people in the UK, enjoy it, it's nice to see such a landscape and enjoy the free time!

Last edited:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It was like a blizzard out yesterday. Only now the snow is starting to melt away.

Only people who have never been in a blizzard would say that. :smile:

A few cm of [accurately forecasted) fluffy stuff and the transport infrastructure of a G8 capital comes close to collapse. Hilarious and embarrassing - yet it happens almost every time the weather so much as hiccups. Yes, I know the reasons it all unravels but ...

Still, it makes a nice change from blaming [the wrong kind of] leaves and snowballs are much more fun than soggy foliage.