Snowpocalypse!!!!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

:rofl: I love when newspeople go batshit. :smile: Clearly this guy missed his calling. He shoulda been a WWF announcer. I mean for chrissakes it's just a big snow, meteorologists live for this shit.

He needs to just follow the procedure. Put on his North Face or LL Bean parka, his Sorel knee high boots and take his yard stick to one of the major intersections in town that everybody knows. Preferably one with a diner or Dunkin Donuts on the corner so that the camera guys can have a nice nosh in between takes.

Okay, I admit it I am jealous. I miss big ass snows that keep you in the house for 2 or 3 days. I even miss the digging out process and losing/killing my cell phone when it falls out of the pocket of my parka and into the snow and slush. :redface:

I lived in Washington, DC during the blizzard of January 1996. So I know that what this guy is talking about is enough to cripple the city. But it's not the first time and it won't be the last. I'm not even sure this is the worst one to hit that area. I think the worst snow for the Baltimore/DC metro area was back in the late 1970's because it was totally unexpected.

Oh, and I lived in north central Massachusetts for 4 years, right near the New Hampshire border. Talk to me after you have 3 snows of over two feet each in 4 weeks. Then I'll have some sympathy for you. :cool:

#1 Principessa, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  2. freakdick2hands

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I get a boner when the weather people (especially the attractive weather chicks) say how many inches of snow has fallen. Sometimes the braodcasters are even carrying rulers/yard sticks to measure. You know they are thinking about cock, too.

3. witch

witch Member

:confused: snow/ what's that ... anything like unicorns :tongue::biggrin1:

4. ital8

ital8 New Member

I live in northern NJ, and we didn't get any snow. All the snow this winter has been pounding Phillie, D.C., Virginia and North Carolina. I don't mind watching the snow fall, but I DESPISE digging out of the whole mess.

5. Principessa

Gold Member

Jim Cantore makes me moist. :redface: :flirt:

6. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Names the radio has given this storm:

Kaiser Snow-sei

The Big Snowbowski

The Snow-uation.

3 Feet high and rising, like De La Soul...

7. nudeyorker

Gold Member

The storm missed NYC! I went to Costo yesterday and bought enough food to live on for the rest of winter. Oh well nothing to do now but cook and eat.

8. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Shovelled 18 inches of snow this morning, before the wind started and finished around 09:00am and as of 2:15pm, its as if we never shovelled. Going back out (as soon as my snow pants dry) to shovel again. (Glad I have the car cover on my car).

9. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah this wasn't even a historic snow fall, hype is all it is.

It's over for now here 2:20 pm I got a total of 16 inches, thought I'd throw some in the back of my truck but it was already full so I piled as much as I could in it put it in 4 wheel and drove to the end of the driveway and left it there.

They name hurricanes don't they!

10. exwhyzee

Gold Member

This snowstorm just missed us by dropping 3" yesterday morning. That was on top of last weekend's 8" that we still have on the ground. I have nearly exhausted the food supplies I bought for the last storm.

There is hope...the grass that's beginning to show itself today from under the snow-pack is surprisingly green...and my daffodils are showing their buds!

11. luka82

Gold Member

I think there is show everywhere in the world now!!!
    We had-snow, wind, more wind, stonger wind and SUN today, I mean wtf???:)

12. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wind, wind and more wind, are you just blowing wind?

13. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ironic. I'm driving for two hours and paying a lot of money to go play in the white stuff tomorrow. :smile:

Have fun shoveling!

14. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

It stopped snowing at 6:05pm.

15. EagleCowboy

EagleCowboy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Well you guys have fun with all that snow. I'll think about you (probably not) as I'm camping and 4X4ing on the beaches of Galveston this week. IN SHORTS and a t-shirt, sipping on those little fruity drinks with the little umbrellas in them................................

:biggrin1:

16. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    I can't believe they've already canceled school for Monday. I mean, WTF. It stopped snowing HOURS ago. It'll be all cleared out by tomorrow afternoon. Not that i mind having the extra day off. I don't. But...

Oh well, I guess, since I'm from Wisconsin and this sort of snow is NORMAL i don't see what all the fuss is about.

17. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well theyre not used to that level of snow. When they don't get that much, they get rid of the bigger equipment to handle large volumes of snow.

They cancel it at a whim here in the cities too.. Not like us Country pumpkins.. we're used to having 4' drifts right outside the door.

18. exwhyzee

Gold Member

...and now some of the same places could get another two feet of snow tomorrow into Wednesday. Insane.

19. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I'm watching the local weather right now. They are calling for 12-18"; I'll believe it when I see it. I still have all the food provisions left from the blizzard that only dusted NYC with a trace of snow.

20. naughty

Gold Member

Well I guess that all puts it in perspective. But remember it is supposed to start again tommorrow afternoon. My area has been targeted as the bullseye of the storm... Just when I got my car cleared off and out.

Draft saved Draft deleted