Snowpocalypse!!!!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

:rofl: I love when newspeople go batshit. :smile: Clearly this guy missed his calling. He shoulda been a WWF announcer. I mean for chrissakes it's just a big snow, meteorologists live for this shit.

He needs to just follow the procedure. Put on his North Face or LL Bean parka, his Sorel knee high boots and take his yard stick to one of the major intersections in town that everybody knows. Preferably one with a diner or Dunkin Donuts on the corner so that the camera guys can have a nice nosh in between takes.

Okay, I admit it I am jealous. I miss big ass snows that keep you in the house for 2 or 3 days. I even miss the digging out process and losing/killing my cell phone when it falls out of the pocket of my parka and into the snow and slush. :redface:

I lived in Washington, DC during the blizzard of January 1996. So I know that what this guy is talking about is enough to cripple the city. But it's not the first time and it won't be the last. I'm not even sure this is the worst one to hit that area. I think the worst snow for the Baltimore/DC metro area was back in the late 1970's because it was totally unexpected.

Oh, and I lived in north central Massachusetts for 4 years, right near the New Hampshire border. Talk to me after you have 3 snows of over two feet each in 4 weeks. Then I'll have some sympathy for you. :cool:

Last edited:

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:confused: snow/ what's that ... anything like unicorns :tongue::biggrin1:

ital8

Experimental Member
Media
I live in northern NJ, and we didn't get any snow. All the snow this winter has been pounding Phillie, D.C., Virginia and North Carolina. I don't mind watching the snow fall, but I DESPISE digging out of the whole mess.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I get a boner when the weather people (especially the attractive weather chicks) say how many inches of snow has fallen. Sometimes the braodcasters are even carrying rulers/yard sticks to measure. You know they are thinking about cock, too.

Jim Cantore makes me moist. :redface: :flirt:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The storm missed NYC! I went to Costo yesterday and bought enough food to live on for the rest of winter. Oh well nothing to do now but cook and eat.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
Shovelled 18 inches of snow this morning, before the wind started and finished around 09:00am and as of 2:15pm, its as if we never shovelled. Going back out (as soon as my snow pants dry) to shovel again. (Glad I have the car cover on my car).

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah this wasn't even a historic snow fall, hype is all it is.

It's over for now here 2:20 pm I got a total of 16 inches, thought I'd throw some in the back of my truck but it was already full so I piled as much as I could in it put it in 4 wheel and drove to the end of the driveway and left it there.

They name hurricanes don't they!

D

deleted3782

This snowstorm just missed us by dropping 3" yesterday morning. That was on top of last weekend's 8" that we still have on the ground. I have nearly exhausted the food supplies I bought for the last storm.

There is hope...the grass that's beginning to show itself today from under the snow-pack is surprisingly green...and my daffodils are showing their buds!

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think there is show everywhere in the world now!!!
We had-snow, wind, more wind, stonger wind and SUN today, I mean wtf???:)

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Ironic. I'm driving for two hours and paying a lot of money to go play in the white stuff tomorrow. :smile:

Have fun shoveling!

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well you guys have fun with all that snow. I'll think about you (probably not) as I'm camping and 4X4ing on the beaches of Galveston this week. IN SHORTS and a t-shirt, sipping on those little fruity drinks with the little umbrellas in them................................

:biggrin1:

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can't believe they've already canceled school for Monday. I mean, WTF. It stopped snowing HOURS ago. It'll be all cleared out by tomorrow afternoon. Not that i mind having the extra day off. I don't. But...

Oh well, I guess, since I'm from Wisconsin and this sort of snow is NORMAL i don't see what all the fuss is about.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well theyre not used to that level of snow. When they don't get that much, they get rid of the bigger equipment to handle large volumes of snow.

They cancel it at a whim here in the cities too.. Not like us Country pumpkins.. we're used to having 4' drifts right outside the door.

D

deleted3782

...and now some of the same places could get another two feet of snow tomorrow into Wednesday. Insane.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm watching the local weather right now. They are calling for 12-18"; I'll believe it when I see it. I still have all the food provisions left from the blizzard that only dusted NYC with a trace of snow.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't believe they've already canceled school for Monday. I mean, WTF. It stopped snowing HOURS ago. It'll be all cleared out by tomorrow afternoon. Not that i mind having the extra day off. I don't. But...

Oh well, I guess, since I'm from Wisconsin and this sort of snow is NORMAL i don't see what all the fuss is about.

Well I guess that all puts it in perspective. But remember it is supposed to start again tommorrow afternoon. My area has been targeted as the bullseye of the storm... Just when I got my car cleared off and out.