Snowpocalypse!!!!

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can't ever recall in my lifetime a period where snow has stayed on the ground as long as this. I know some of the snow currently on the ground here as been here for 3 weeks. With more expected to fall in the morning, we should have snow around several more days, sending us into the 4 week period. I know we should be worried about global warming, but with this weather, it sure makes you wonder why.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
Well, I've heard anywhere from another 4-8 inches vs. another 10-20 inches depending upon which weather station you consult.

Work has been cancelled for the 2nd day in a row. WTF? I'm burning vacay for this shit? No, they won't let us work if the building is closed.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Okay, I admit it I am jealous. I miss big ass snows that keep you in the house for 2 or 3 days. I even miss the digging out process and losing/killing my cell phone when it falls out of the pocket of my parka and into the snow and slush.

Did it snow somewhere this weekend? Haven't been keeping up with mainland news, other than something about a handprompter.

It was 84 again today in San Juan and I spent about 3 hours on the beach. Tan's coming along nicely. Oh, and I'm in this photo from this morning.

Attachments

tat2dqt78

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm in the Chicagoland area, we are expecting 8-12 inches in the next 12ish hours. We haven't had a snow free yard since Chirstmas. I'm originally from Florida, and am not made for this cold.

I don't get people that run to the store and buy bread, eggs and milk. Is there something about snow that makes people crave french toast?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't get people that run to the store and buy bread, eggs and milk. Is there something about snow that makes people crave french toast?
That's a dead give away that you're from Florida! :biggrin:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Did it snow somewhere this weekend? Haven't been keeping up with mainland news, other than something about a handprompter.

It was 84 again today in San Juan and I spent about 3 hours on the beach. Tan's coming along nicely. Oh, and I'm in this photo from this morning.
Is that you in the darling black swim dress? :wink:

I'm in the Chicagoland area, we are expecting 8-12 inches in the next 12ish hours. We haven't had a snow free yard since Chirstmas. I'm originally from Florida, and am not made for this cold.
12" is nothing for Chicago, they probably don't even have a delayed school opening for that. :tongue:

I have wondered the same thing for years! When I lived in a place that had winter I stocked up on boxes of wine, Stouffer's French Bread Pizza, chips, Pop Tarts, Coca~Cola, and hot cocoa. :cool:

tat2dqt78

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
12" is nothing for Chicago, they probably don't even have a delayed school opening for that. :tongue:

I have wondered the same thing for years! When I lived in a place that had winter I stocked up on boxes of wine, Stouffer's French Bread Pizza, chips, Pop Tarts, Coca~Cola, and hot cocoa. :cool:

They might not close school, but they are already calling flights at midway for tomorrow. O'hare is also going to be running a reduced flight schedual.
Funny, it's not safe for travellers but the kids are good to go.
I went to the store today and bought beer, steaks, and an ice cream cake. LOL

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I spoke with a college buddy today who is normally very laid back about everything, but he's annoyed and worried about their weather in Maryland. The last wave of snow left them housebound for 3 days, with no cable, landline or internet at all and no electricity for 24 hours. He's not looking forward to today's new snow arrival.

Is that you in the darling black swim dress? :wink:

:tongue22: While black is my color, I was actually in these:

Attachments

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I spoke with a college buddy today who is normally very laid back about everything, but he's annoyed and worried about their weather in Maryland. The last wave of snow left them housebound for 3 days, with no cable, landline or internet at all and no electricity for 24 hours. He's not looking forward to today's new snow arrival.

:tongue22:While black is my color, I was actually in these:
Very nice, tasteful even. Yet I think I speak for everybody when I say we'd rather see you in the swimsuit. :naughty:

D

deleted3782

The big record-breaking snowstorm in the Bos-Wash corridor of the USA translated into a big windstorm 50+ mph where I live. I arrived at my house today after work to find a huge pine tree in my yard had been blown down, taking out the power and cable lines (the wires are above ground here), and blocked the road. Fortunately, it was all fixed by the time I got home, but now there is a big pile of pine tree in front of my house. All around the region trees have been blown down onto houses, a church steeple was knocked out, and signs knocked down. How long till spring???

ital8

Experimental Member
Media
It's still snowing here in NJ. I heard Phillie, Washington D.C. and Baltimore all broke a record for the snowiest winter. February isn't even over, and we still have to contend with March.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm really nonplussed by the snow in NYC. The local and national news is making this out as a blizzard. IMOHO it's been a snow storm. We used to have these all the time and school rarely was cancelled and local business did not close at 3:00 PM with only 6" of snow on the ground.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
I'm really nonplussed by the snow in NYC. The local and national news is making this out as a blizzard. IMOHO it's been a snow storm. We used to have these all the time and school rarely was cancelled and local business did not close at 3:00 PM with only 6" of snow on the ground.

We got about 10 more inches of snow, but what made it blizzard-like was the wind gusts of 26-40mph winds. They pulled the snowtrucks off the roads, b/c of the "white-out" effect of the wind.

I'm over it though ... cabin fever set in yesterday.

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
According to www.Accuweather.com ......

This Winter the Snowiest Ever for D.C. to Philadelphia Corridor
Posted: 11-FEB-2010 03:17am EST

The "Second Blizzard of 2010" on Wednesday marked the third potent snowstorm this winter to slam the corridor from Washington, D.C., to Philadelphia. This winter is now the all-time snowiest for the major cities within this zone.

Through 7 p.m. EST Wednesday, the storm left 14 inches of snow on Philadelphia. That brings this winter's snowfall total to 70.3 inches, breaking the previous record set in 1995-1996 of 65.5 inches. Snowfall this winter has even exceeded the 62.0 inches of snow the past four winters combined produced.

Prior to Wednesday's blizzard, Philadelphia received 22.5 inches from the first major snowstorm of the winter on Dec. 19. The winter's second snowstorm occurred this past Friday and Saturday and left 28.5 inches.

In Philadelphia's recorded history, there has been only one other winter when two storms each dropped over a foot of snow on the city. That took place in 1978. It should be noted that each of those two snowstorms did not produce more than 15 inches.

There has never been three snowstorms to each leave over a foot of snow in Philadelphia until this year.

Snow accumulated 10.8 inches at Washington, D.C.'s Reagan National Airport Tuesday into Wednesday. This winter is now the city's snowiest with a total of 55.9 inches. This broke the old all-time winter snowfall of 54.4 inches set in 1898-1899.

The "Second Blizzard of 2010" helped Baltimore shatter its previous all-time snowiest winter record. The 19.5 inches of snow that fell Tuesday into Wednesday brought this winter's snow total to 79.9 inches. The winter of 1995-96 and its 62.5 inches recently held the record.

To put how much snow has buried Baltimore into perspective, the last five winters in Baltimore have produced a combined 65.2 inches of snow.

This winter is also now the all-time snowiest in Atlantic City, N.J., and Wilmington, Del. These cities have received 48.7 inches and 66.7 inches, respectively through 7 p.m. Wednesday.

The winter of 1950-1951 remains the snowiest winter on record for Pittsburgh, Pa. The 5.2 inches of snow that fell on Wednesday, however, brought the city's monthly snow total to 29.6 inches. This month is now the snowiest February on record, exceeding February 2003 and its 25.3 inches.

This February also now ranks sixth among Pittsburgh's all-time snowiest months. January 1994 and its 30.1 inches sits in fifth place, while January 1978 and its 40.2 inches holds the top spot.

Harrisburg, Pa., set its snowiest February record on Wednesday. The 12.3 inches that fell on Wednesday, through 5 p.m., brought the month's total to 36.8 inches. February 1893 and its 30.3 inches recently held the record.

This February is just over 2 inches shy of becoming Harrisburg's all-time snowiest month. January 1996 and its 38.9 inches currently holds that title.

Here are the latest snowfall totals from the "Second Blizzard of 2010," as of 1 a.m. Thursday.

• Orrtanna, Pa.: 27.9 inches
  • East Nantmeal, Pa.: 26.8 inches
  • Bricktown, N.J.: 18.0 inches
  • Allentown, Pa.: 17.6 inches
  • Hershey, Pa.: 15.0 inches
  • American University, D.C.: 14.0 inches
  • Trenton, N.J.: 13.8 inches
  • Ridgewood, N.J.: 13.0 inches
  • Greenwich, Ct.: 12.5 inches
  • Bronx, N.Y.: 11.5 inches
  • New York City's Central Park: 10.0 inches