so called "Cougar"?

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not to get into semantics but here's somethng you've probably never considered. First, this appears to be a compliment. I'll take it as such and say "thank you". Second, what you're saying is something i've heard several times: "you look good for your age". Or to use your words, "for 36". Not once have I heard this from the younger guys (if they complimented me, my age wasn't included in the compliment). Each time I heard this comment, it was from a 40+ guy. I understand they meant no harm, but it's an interesting observation nonetheless. However, as you said, it's all relative.

Hey, don't read more into the "for 36 yo", than is there, that came from knowledge of you being 36, you let the cat of the bag on that one. Besides, How many others have said you are hot/hard bodied that had no earthly clue of your age, which might be a reason that part was omitted ? Besides, there's a double standard floating around too on that, you don't know how many times I've heard that from a mid-twenty somethings in reference to myself.

No, it's called literacy.

No it's called nitpicking and thinking that one post or a few is a consummate stance, especially since otherwise has been explained in subsequent posts. I don't think your posts are all inclusive of your thoughts even your best attempts at expressing them, but it is what we have to read and filter for. I don't know how many times something was rewritten and then later submitted that still wasn't misinterpreted by someone, causing an uproar by someone looking for an opportunity. Case in point, what do you gather from this without analyzing it, reading and rereading it several times ?

she was 37 and I was 17 and 19 and 30

and that's not to pick on the guys post, but just an example for you. I read it and was confused.

This is not the first taste of tactlessness we've seen from you ("Women are like old houses" for example) and call me Miss Cleo, but I have a feeling it won't be the last.

Just being candidly open and honest.
biggrin.gif

Nice smiley, but that thread was posted in the Funny Stuff, humor/joke section. It was the title of thread as I recall, if it so offended you, you had to know going into the thread that the potential for something being unflattering might exist. Tactlessness is a matter of opinion, sophomoric humor is what it is, why would you take a joke seriously ? Is that part of this literacy you spoke of earlier ?

I see you've no problems with sweeping generalizations.

And it would appear I'm not the only one ?

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
SurferGirlCA said:
The fact that you're still trying to surf the Atlantic suddenly makes everything else you have to say make perfect sense. Good luck with that! :tongue:

Typical West Coaster remark in regards to surfing, I see you're in need of a history lesson, who's arguably the best ever for either gender ?

http://surfing.about.com/cs/surfers/a/080903slater.htm

http://surfline.com/surfaz/surfaz.cfm?id=744

Florida was good enough for these people, why isn't it good enough for you ? See, you'll find that when you have to overcome poor surf to be better at it, that makes the difference. Anyone can ride consistent surf. BTW, I grew up surfing the same spots in Central Florida, Ormond/Daytona/New Smryna as well as Titusville/Cocoa/Sebastian Inlet. When you graduate from a fun shape tell me. :tongue::biggrin1::wink::cool::smile:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
transformer_99 said:
Hey, don't read more into the "for 36 yo", than is there, that came from knowledge of you being 36, you let the cat of the bag on that one.

I don't understand what "cat" you're referring to . . .

Besides, How many others have said you are hot/hard bodied that had no earthly clue of your age, which might be a reason that part was omitted ?

That's exactly my point which you seem to keep missing. Unless the gentlemen prefers younger women, my age is irrelevant. There was no omission. I specifically mentioned that was the case for a few of the men i've met, not the majority. The few who made that statement to me happened to be over 40. I'll repeat myself: this was an observation. The last younger man made his compliment before he asked my age, FWIW.

Besides, there's a double standard floating around too on that, you don't know how many times I've heard that from a mid-twenty somethings in reference to myself.

I think if anyone's let the cat out of the proverbial bag, it's you. :tongue: I've no doubt this happens to men who are dating younger women as well. Idiocy knows no boundaries, including those of gender.

No it's called nitpicking and thinking that one post or a few is a consummate stance, especially since otherwise has been explained in subsequent posts. I don't think your posts are all inclusive of your thoughts even your best attempts at expressing them, but it is what we have to read and filter for. I don't know how many times something was rewritten and then later submitted that still wasn't misinterpreted by someone, causing an uproar by someone looking for an opportunity. Case in point, what do you gather from this without analyzing it, reading and rereading it several times ?

LOL. Where was I nitpicking? Please show me. This is why we often ask others on this board to explain themselves in greater detail, so we can all understand one another better with every post.

she was 37 and I was 17 and 19 and 30

and that's not to pick on the guys post, but just an example for you. I read it and was confused.

I've no idea what you're talking about here.

Nice smiley, but that thread was posted in the Funny Stuff, humor/joke section. It was the title of thread as I recall, if it so offended you, you had to know going into the thread that the potential for something being unflattering might exist. Tactlessness is a matter of opinion, sophomoric humor is what it is, why would you take a joke seriously ? Is that part of this literacy you spoke of earlier ?

I thought it was unimaginative, sexist, and pointless, but I wasn't really interested enough to be offended.
Tactlessness is a matter of (sometimes public) opinion and you admitting to being tactless earlier, remember?

And it would appear I'm not the only one ?

What, pray tell, was I generalizing about?

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"I don't understand what "cat" you're referring to . . ."

It was just a figure of speech for crying out loud, a cliche, let it go already, sheesh ! and btw,
I meant "cat out of the bag", see I didn't catch another typo, so sue me ! But I'm sure deep down that's what I really meant and there's some double entendre going on with my Freudian faux paux.

"That's exactly my point which you seem to keep missing."

Likewise, if you hadn't posted your age, I wouldn't have even commented to that effect, much less inquired and thought, "damn, that womang has a pretty tight bod ". To be honest with you, there are high school girls out there that will never look that good. You can chew on that as a compliment if you prefer, but at this point, I'm better off just stating facts, not that it's going to mean anything at the end of the day with you.

"I think if anyone's let the cat out of the proverbial bag, it's you.
tongue.gif
I've no doubt this happens to men who are dating younger women as well. Idiocy knows no boundaries, including those of gender."

Actually those are remarks by co-workers that go to lunch with, as a group, there is no office romance that I'm aware of. I agree, yes, it's hard to find someone born at precisely the same moment in time we both arrived.

Idiocy ? Look it lady, Keep the name calling out of it. I have yet to even refer to you as a cougar.

I've no idea what you're talking about here.

I was simply demonstrating where anyone's post is potentially confusing, might not say everything and mean everything. If you don't get it this time, well, I guess I can be patient enough to try again ?

I thought it was unimaginative, sexist, and pointless, but I wasn't really interested enough to be offended. Tactlessness is a matter of (sometimes public) opinion and you admitting to being tactless earlier, remember?

So why not be the bigger person and not lower yourself to give it any credibility and republish it, recognize it or bring it up. More names.

What, pray tell, was I generalizing about?

Oh, I don't know, perhaps my depth as another person ? Not that I'll lose any sleep over it with guilt or worry.

This is fun, my next guess is you stop posting a reply after getting in the last word somehow ? You know, "You can't argue with yourself" kind of thing. Enough mental gymnastics in the special olympics of debate in this thread for tonight. Sweet Dreams !