So, for the scientific out there,

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As for the end of the universe, remember just one thing : the night is dark and full of terrors...

^
Now don't get me started on that, you Game of Thrones fan!... lol

It's like the 'Which came first... The chicken or the egg?' question... Unanswerable or answerable?... Perhaps not in our lifetime.

I can do well and good, like an obedient, faithful "religious" person, "accepting" our existence and "Life", as is... And, even thrive in it...

But, I will always have these questions: What is the "universe"?... Why are we even here?... Why is there so much pain and suffering?... Why do human beings destroy their own environments?... Why do I have a conscience?... Is there a purpose for "Life"?... Why am I even "me"?... WTF?!... Why do I ask these questions on a "Large Penis" website?... lol

And on, and on, and on.

A/B

Last edited:
Reactions: alcor972

french_lp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
^ Now don't get me started on that, you Game of Thrones fan!... lol

It's like the 'Which came first... The chicken or the egg?' question... Unanswerable or answerable?... Perhaps not in our lifetime.

I can do well and good, like an obedient, faithful "religious" person, "accepting" our existence and "Life", as is... And, even thrive in it...

But, I will always have these questions... What is the "universe"?... Why are we even here?... Why is there so much pain and suffering?... Why do human beings destroy their own environments?... Why do I have a conscience?... Is there a purpose for "Life"?... Why am I even "me"?... WTF?!

And on, and on, and on.

A/B

GoT reference was more of a tongue in cheek statement lol :p

I'm not very religious, and I don't quite believe in god or gods... but I believe in faith, and in the fact that there's something bigger (no pun intended) than us humans.

I often refer humanity as an organic system, like cells in the body... they do evolve, have a purpose, are supposed to fit in their environment... and then, the movie freak I am keeps hearing Agent Smith in the Matrix "you are the cancer of this planet"... It's true that some part of humanity tends to destroy its surroundings, and it's always painful to just be a silent witness of something we'll probably never be able to change as indivduals. But I also believe that most of us are aware and willing to do good and work the best.

Well all your questions are good for a long talk and a powerful philosophical debate :)

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
But, I will always have these questions: What is the "universe"?... Why are we even here?... Why is there so much pain and suffering?... Why do human beings destroy their own environments?... Why do I have a conscience?... Is there a purpose for "Life"?... Why am I even "me"?... WTF?!... Why do I ask these questions on a "Large Penis" website?... lol

I have answers, but you may find them unsatisfying. ;)

What is the universe?

Science estimates that ~5% of it is baryonic matter (elements on the periodic table) and it's equivalent energy from Einstein's E=mc2. The other 95% is unknown to us: dark matter and dark energy. We see a few of their effects but have no idea what physics lies behind them. Yet. Our bodies and environment are baryonic. So are our chauvinisms.

Why are we even here?

Because our bio parents had sex and gave birth to us and they or someone raised us. We are mammals. Our purpose is to survive and procreate. Our species is here because it evolved over a few hundred thousand years from earlier hominids.

Why is there so much pain and suffering?

Both physical and psychological pains are perceived in our brains from injury or threat of injury. Pain initiates a flight or fight response or teaches us to avoid further injury or both. It is an essential survival adaptation. Our psychological torments may be due to injury, disease, deprivation or both.

Why do humans destroy their environments?

Because we're animals. Given bipedal locomotion, opposable thumbs on hands freed from locomotion, a huge learning & problem-solving brain, Broca's area in that brain and a couple hundred thousand years of language, learning & social evolution we are doing what any species would do: we're overpopulating massively to the point of fouling our nest.

Why do I have a conscience?

Because you have the large cortex of your species and the social upbringing which comes with it. If you cortex dies your conscience dies with it.

Is there a purpose to life?

To survive/thrive, procreate and raise progeny so they procreate. The old all die and it's left to the young to carry on.

Why am I even me?

Your cortex knitted up trillions of synapses--more than all the grains of sand on all the beaches on Earth--from shortly after you were conceived until you grew to adulthood amidst our highly social species. The process never stopped. It created and continues to create the you you know.

Why do I ask these questions on a Large Penis website?

It's as good as anyplace to ask.:cool:

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The universe is creating the spacetime into which it is expanding. The Big Bang never stopped.

Nevertheless, the universe is both the expanding spacetime and the spacetime into which it's expanding. They are one and the same. It's the ultimate koan.

Had to search for that one!... And, THAT one!... o_O

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kōan

Watch out, Hal... If you make me think too much, I get a boner... :)

A/B

Last edited:

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
... Why are we even here?

Because our bio parents had sex and gave birth to us and they or someone raised us. We are mammals. Our purpose is to survive and procreate.
Just a quick reply to all that, 'cause I'm starving and need to make dinner... I am 100% NOT existing on this planet to PROCREATE!... That outdated concept is total, tedious, hetero-centric, anti-pleasure, BULLSHIT!

Have I made myself clear about that?

A/B

Last edited:

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Just a quick reply to all that, 'cause I'm starving and need to make dinner... I am 100% NOT existing on this planet to PROCREATE!... That outdated concept is total, tedious, hetero-centric, anti-pleasure, BULLSHIT!

Have I made myself clear about that?

A/B

Hunger = desire to eat = survival. Desire for sex = desire to procreate = survival of our species. Both activities stimulate pleasure centers in our brains. These are biological facts. Please explain how human biology is outdated and anti-pleasure. Tedious is a value judgment. Science makes no such judgment about our biology. It just is.

Choosing not to procreate does not divorce you from the reality of your biology. You cannot willfully choose to have no sexual desire--the same way you cannot choose not to be hungry, not to be thirsty or not to breathe.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
^ Show me where I said I "willfully choose to have no sexual desire"... I said I don't want to PROCREATE!... As in: I DON'T WANT TO MAKE ANY BABIES!... Are you able to grasp that concept?

Halcyondays,
I did not say that "human biology is outdated and anti-pleasure", I said that your limited concept of our life's "purpose" is.

Just an assumption, but, I'm guessing you are a Catholic... Right?

A/B

Reactions: dreamer20

The Big Bang is actually a balloon inflating. When it reaches its maximum size it will quickly deflate to its original size. It's going to be cool! The sound will be deafening.

I was going to write a science fiction novel one time about an invention the Faster than.........pe. It saw the distant explosions and disintegration of far away Galaxies. Then mankind needed to come up with a way to transverse from vacuum to...... well, I have the beginning, part of the middle and the ending :). Suffer from a little thing called procrastination...I live in a Nation where people Procraste :)

By the way, it was not supposed to have begun with a BANG or thunderous clap,
but with a slow or bursting forth and throb of expansion (my titillation) . Scientific Phallic thinking? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
A/B, my guess is pragmatic.
halcyondays' answer is biological imperative. Everything else is a song to humanity: the ability to make art, question existence, appreciate physical form, eve the ability to squabble to the level of war.
Humanity isn't always pretty.
These are signs we are more than biology.

Morally, ethically, I beleive we have a role to leave this world a better place.

I beleive we can enjoy sex without putting consuming mouths on the planet. (I'm a negative population growth proponent)
But the wiring is biological imperative. I don't feel that BI is our master, day to day.
I have suspected that homosexuality is a biological brake on population.
Numerical only.
Nurturing is different.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was going to write a science fiction novel one time about an invention the Faster than.........pe. It saw the distant explosions and disintegration of far away Galaxies. Then mankind needed to come up with a way to transverse from vacuum to...... well, I have the beginning, part of the middle and the ending :). Suffer from a little thing called procrastination...I live in a Nation where people Procraste :)

By the way, it was not supposed to have begun with a BANG or thunderous clap,
but with a slow or bursting forth and throb of expansion (my titillation) . Scientific Phallic thinking? :)

There is a theory that the Big Bang was not the beginning but the only observable phenomenon in the past. Apparently, things were churning for some time before the pot boiled over.

There is a theory that the Big Bang was not the beginning but the only observable phenomenon in the past. Apparently, things were churning for some time before the pot boiled over.

Well, I always thought to many cooks caused the pot to boil over....A switch on "spoil the broth" :) Probably why the Ancients had a few gods and goddesses to share the blame.

Also, probably why the artist who painted the ceiling of this joint stood back and thought......holy crap, I hope the new owners will be happy with this :) :), gotta love artists, they take the piss out of anyone no matter what century ;) :) By the way, why is that female at the bottom carrying what looks like a shield in the form of a modern day US flag? Captain America???? In male form. Now I am imagining a female form of Captain America....:) Also, do you notice she, or he is the sole figure in this portrait? And if you look very closely, you will notice the stars that surround this portrait, become dimmer and less apparent toward the bottom.

Maybe it's the photography.
1024px-Apotheosis_of_George_Washington.jpg

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I always thought to many cooks caused the pot to boil over....A switch on "spoil the broth" :) Probably why the Ancients had a few gods and goddesses to share the blame.

Also, probably why the artist who painted the ceiling of this joint stood back and thought......holy crap, I hope the new owners will be happy with this :) :), gotta love artists, they take the piss out of anyone no matter what century ;) :) By the way, why is that female at the bottom carrying what looks like a shield in the form of a modern day US flag? Captain America???? In male form. Now I am imagining a female form of Captain America....:)
1024px-Apotheosis_of_George_Washington.jpg

Because that's the painting in the U.S. Capitol rotunda. She represents the U.S. ready to kick somebody's ass. My question is what's in the blank space above everyone's head right in the center?

:) Or

OR....
465979.jpg
A Mysterious Goddess..all powerful, blonde, great cheek bones and has a pink phone ...:) :)

To be honest, I think the blank centre was left for our imagination, creativity, stupidity, numbnuts, dickheads, wankers, whatever. I don't think human kind was any different then to what it is now. Just the technology has changed....they did have bloody good imaginations ya know.

I just think they thought when the technology came about for what they imagined we would have put it to better use.

:)...Yet, these are the guys that invented the Revolver, X-Rays, Plasma, Nuclear Bomb, Penicillin, Internal combustion engine, the wheel :)..for every progress there is a step back.

When we take two steps forward, and one back, that will be our true achievement.

Not two forward, and two back like some romantic waltz :)

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A/B, my guess is pragmatic.

"Catholic"... "Pragmatic"... Same difference... lol

Sorry if I have come off as being too confrontational or defensive, but, seriously, the last thing this endangered planet needs is my "spawn"... I don't like people telling me I should be making babies, nor that if I don't, I am not fulfilling my "purpose".

Intelligent people have acknowledged that overpopulation is the greatest threat to human life, and the natural functions of the Earth's environments, for over a century. Get with that program.

A/B

Last edited:
Reactions: alcor972 and 185248

"Catholic"... "Pragmatic"... Same difference... lol

Sorry if I have come off as being too confrontational or defensive, but, seriously, the last thing this endangered planet needs is my "spawn".

A/B

We be all s.....pawn. Some be more into pawn than spawn :)