so I fucked up a couple fingers with a chainsaw today

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
my FIL dragged a chain saw over my right hand "showing me how it's done" years and years ago. he was supposed to be in bed, recuperating from open heart surgery, but no he had to show me. luckily, it was not too bad, the scars now are hidden by my old wrinkly hands now. I wish the best for you.

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
The funny thing is: the particular branch I was cutting up when this happened was off "dad's tree".

All the big trees on the property represent each immediate family member: three silver maples for each son, crabapples for my mom and sister, and the only tree in front of the house, a birch, planted by my old man when they moved in, in 1962.

My dad didn't lift a fuckin finger around the house, least while I was alive. He would stand directly behind me, arms crossed, and criticize my every move while doing all the outdoor chores. Around age 14, I just started doing everything my way and ignoring him. By 16, I had the run of the home maintenance budget from mom, and a part time job in a old-school hardware store with a good employee discount.

I don't mind if yer gonna bark orders... but fuck off if yer gonna bitch about how the job gets done, too. Or, how bout just walk the fuckin walk (but then shit happens like 625girth's father-in-law, above).

Somehow, I see this as his way of getting back at me. My old man kicked it in 1998 after six years of cancer.

His tree is not long for this world, either.