So I got pushed away because I look gay…

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

Long story short, with tears involved (not mine, mind you), she told me her friends didn’t like me because they thought I look (EDIT: or act) gay, and that if she hang out with me people would start talking.

it’s been bothering her like hell, and that she doesn’t know if she can live with this.

She's just as much of a homophobic bigot as her friends. Worse still is the fact that she is ruled by them. I suggest finding someone who is not owned by a prejudiced, shallow group of persons. Goodluck Lito.

Mr.Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It sounds like her friends are more important to her than her own happiness. These kind of people can never make decisions on their own without "consulting the jury". Forget her, you are going down a hard road my friend. Her friends will always be in your business. You can find a better woman.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If she was telling the truth about thinking you acted/looked too gay AND it was her first orgasm with a man, then surely she'd still be willing to meet you for sex without her friends knowing.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
If she was telling the truth about thinking you acted/looked too gay AND it was her first orgasm with a man, then surely she'd still be willing to meet you for sex without her friends knowing.

And that's acceptable behaviour from her, is it - to only want him as a secret fuck buddy so her friends won't tease her. He should be OK with that, should he? From what I read the guy has feelings for this girl, or at least did, why should he accept being treated like some sextoy she keeps hidden in the cupboard?

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And that's acceptable behaviour from her, is it - to only want him as a secret fuck buddy so her friends won't tease her. He should be OK with that, should he? From what I read the guy has feelings for this girl, or at least did, why should he accept being treated like some sextoy she keeps hidden in the cupboard?
Well, he could use my logic to tell if she was being truthful. If she doesn't want him as a fuck buddy, then she really didn't like the sex or there is some other reason. Maybe she thinks he not only acts gay, but is gay or bisexual and doesn't want someone like that. I'd like to hear more of the details like why Lito thinks that she said he acts gay. There must be more to it other than he works out and cares about his hair.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
All in all, thanks for the support and replies. It's actually comforting to be here, I mean it. My big thanks!

EDIT: btw, I'll have a definitive conversation with her tomorrow, after work. I'll post the results here. My intention is to just end it all and get my borrowed, precious books back.

Good plan, Lito. Get back to us and let us know how it works out. I think you're doing the right thing. BTW, the fact that she is a doc or even a med student does not impress me in the least. There are a lot of very stupid, bigoted, immature medical professionals. A persons chosen profession is not a very good indicator of anything other than their interests, passions or need for cash.

On a final note: You must have really liked her; I never lend my books out, even to my best friends, unless I expect to never get them back! LOL

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dump the bitch.

I agree, emphatically!!! Prove to her that you're an Alpha male. In other words, feel the emotion, but remain in control. Focus on learning from the experience, rather than looking for pity. I'd have probably told her right off, that it wouldn't have worked out anyway cause I'm not attracted to a cunt that would allow her friends to dictate her every move.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, I'm in another country, so I may have mistranslated something here. She graduated in medicine already, and is now going through residence (don't know if that's the term in English) =D
:biggrin1: You got the terminology correct, but that's still unusually young!
All in all, thanks for the support and replies. It's actually comforting to be here, I mean it. My big thanks!

EDIT: btw, I'll have a definitive conversation with her tomorrow, after work. I'll post the results here. My intention is to just end it all and get my borrowed, precious books back.
You never mentioned she had your books! I would loan money before I would loan my books, and I rarely loan money!

It sounds like her friends are more important to her than her own happiness. These kind of people can never make decisions on their own without "consulting the jury". Forget her, you are going down a hard road my friend. Her friends will always be in your business. You can find a better woman.
That's the point I've been trying to make. Even if she does make a tearful, convincing apology, this will ALWAYS be an issue, and I can't imagine there won't be other issues that surface over time.

Lito

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

That's not really the situation here. Apparently, this situation have been going on for a while (without me knowing about it).

She decided to spit it out AFTER we had sex (maybe because of it). She clearly told me she was sure I wasn't gay and that our time in bed was wonderful... I got messages in my cell phone the other day (from her work) even, telling how good it was.

So... whatever... as I said, going to have a conversation wwith her tonight.

ps: my books, oh crap. She got some of my philosophy/greek culture books... I'm not leaving them behind =D

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've never heard of a woman breaking up with a guy because her friends thought he looked gay. It sounds like a pathetic excuse. Get your books back and walk away. Let her sort herself out, and if you ever have sex with her again, make it the best she's ever had and say goodbye.

You could start screwing around with her friends, but in the end, that will only cause more problems and I don't think it will help you in any way. You'd do much better to move on and find a woman who wants you, not the man her friends think she should have.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am impressed, though, that she's a medical doctor at the tender young age of 27. That's REALLY young for an MD.

27 isn't that young.

In the UK the minimum age to start the course is 18. Five years later, they're qualified and do a two-year residence followed by another three to five years' training to become either a GP or a consultant, so, basically any medical graduate over 23 is entitled to call him/herself a doctor, unless they go into surgery, in which case they're back to being a Mr, Ms or whatever.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree, emphatically!!! Prove to her that you're an Alpha male. In other words, feel the emotion, but remain in control. Focus on learning from the experience, rather than looking for pity. I'd have probably told her right off, that it wouldn't have worked out anyway cause I'm not attracted to a cunt that would allow her friends to dictate her every move.

Fucking right on, Primal! That's the kind of advice the guy needs... Too bad he didn't get a chance to settle the issue when she brought it up, but sounds like he was too thrown by the surprise attack to actually react appropriately. But now that he's had a chance to think it over, sounds like he knows what to do.

Go get your groove back, Lito!

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have heard of this happening before (a woman breaking up with a guy because of what her "friends" think about him.....or even what her family thinks.) I have no idea why this happens......maybe it is a cultural thing. It is kind of suprising to me to hear that a 28 year old is still so caught up identifying with a group of friends that she wouldn't be able to have a backbone and be able to make a decision for herself.....and not worry about what her friends think. But maybe it is because she has been in school so long.....it became a habit for her to not think for herself.

Lito, I see in your profile that you are working on your PHD. Do you and your female friend go to the same school? Or work in the same hospital? Are you a medical dr. too? Just curious.

D_Ollyvalle Treegirth

Account Disabled
Media
I feel your pain --- I do understand the intensity of infatuation. But really, if she is that shallow -- to put more importance on what people THINK, vs what she KNOWS -- it's best to get over her as quickly as you can. She's not worth you.

The most unexpected thing just happened to me just 30 minutes ago. Here’s the story:

I met this wonderful girl about a month ago, in a night club. We started dating, taking it slow and all… and I got more and more attached to her.

We have wonderful moments together, she calls me whenever she can and all, we trade love messages in our cell phones… all that jazz.

Anyway, last Sunday we slept together for the first time, and it was amazing. She reached orgasm for the first time (with someone) and was barely able to move afterwards…

All in all, I was feeling in the clouds and all, and I’m not one to fall in love easily.

Tonight I got a message asking me to meet her in her apartment, because she missed me and all. I left work and drove there, we talked, hugged, but I felt she wanted to tell me something.

After a lot of hesitation, she finally admitted: “yes, there is something bothering me.”

Long story short, with tears involved (not mine, mind you), she told me her friends didn’t like me because they thought I look (EDIT: or act) gay, and that if she hang out with me people would start talking.

She then proceeded to tell me it’s been bothering her like hell, and that she doesn’t know if she can live with this.

I was so stunned I couldn’t say a word. There was the woman I gave my fucking heart to, saying 2 things with made me want to puke:

1) That gay people are somewhat not cool to hang out with (incidental, but the bigotry is there)
2) That she doesn’t know if she can live with it?

What the fuck? She says she likes me, she misses me all the time, but is shaken by something this stupid?

I’m not gay (nothing wrong if I was), but I’m hurt as hell right now. I just left… said I would think this whole mess over.

ps: she said she knows I'm not gay and really feels I'm into her. What's bothering her is the opinion of other people (ie, her friends)

Sorry, there was a point to all this, but I’m just… blah… can’t go on right now.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, Lito, it seems like she is sending mixed signals...sending you messages saying how good you were and stuff. It all sounds very odd to me, so I'm interested to hear what happens. Some girls act weird because of previous experiences with relationships and breakups. Good luck with it.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
27 isn't that young.

In the UK the minimum age to start the course is 18. Five years later, they're qualified and do a two-year residence followed by another three to five years' training to become either a GP or a consultant, so, basically any medical graduate over 23 is entitled to call him/herself a doctor, unless they go into surgery, in which case they're back to being a Mr, Ms or whatever.
Ah, I see. In this country, I don't know of a single medical school that admits anyone with less than a bachelor's degree; many require a master's. So most (in the USA, anyway) don't even start their 4-year medical school until at least age 22. Most of our medical school graduates (those who have earned the Doctor of Medicine degree) are around age 28 or older.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Ah, I see. In this country, I don't know of a single medical school that admits anyone with less than a bachelor's degree; many require a master's. So most (in the USA, anyway) don't even start their 4-year medical school until at least age 22. Most of our medical school graduates (those who have earned the Doctor of Medicine degree) are around age 28 or older.

But (most) European high school equivalent education is of a higher standard - therefore it makes some sense that the two systems differ in that way. Also the med student would have to have good A levels, Bac, Leaving Cert, etc., etc., in the 'right' subjects - e.g. biology, chemistry - and high grades in other less relevant subjects too.

Sorry for continuing this OT side topic. :redface: