So... I have chlamydia (please read/comment)

dunno_what

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Here's the story. I need to unload somewhere cos I am not outta the closet, so telling my mates that I have the clap will lead to other questions, which will lead to questions I ain't ready to answer yet. So, here it is...

In July of 2008, I discovered online pick-up joints for men. "Holy shit, this is awesome! It's like hitting the town without any of the hassle," I thought. So, I became a little slut. After doing the counting today, it is about 12 different men that I have had some form of sexual experience with in 4 months (not including mutual masturbators and premature ejaculators).

Anyway, thankfully for me, I got symptoms. The main one being the burning pain when urinating sometimes. So, despite being tested in August, I went to the doc and said: "I suspect I have the clap." Yes, I am not so gracious when conversing.

Then, such a bad, bad week. I tried to forget about the tests and I tried to keep myself busy. But it was always there in the back of mind. And when I was hanging a leak, it was in the front of my mind, lol.
It got worse though, cos as the time got closer, my stupid imagination got wilder. And all weekend, I was freaking out about HIV and syphilis. "Jesus fuckin' Christ, what is wrong with you man? You deserve whatever you get."

Monday (today) comes along. I am resigned to the fact that I have chlamydia, despite not knowing it for a fact. I almost throw up in the doctor's lounge due to the waiting (not to mention that my appointment was thirty minutes late, stupid Uni surgery).
So, now I have the clap, and I thought the worst part was over. But no. I have to inform EVERY SINGLE PERSON I HAVE BEEN WITH. Since July.

I knew about my infection at 11:30am. The next twelve hours were the worst twelve hours ever. I really did not realise that I had the capacity to be an horrendous person. But when my mind starting drifting towards not telling any of my partners. "It would be easier. They're gay, they don't need to know." I watched, like, 10 episodes of the office. I went down the road to buy a case of beers. I started to drink so, so many beers. And only after that did I resign myself to start emailing everyone that I have been with.

Being unsafe sucks. I am now taking myself off the market. I am forgetting about sex for the summer. I am just... I'm just really disappointed with myself.

IN SUMMARY: get yourself tested every three months if you're a slut, every year otherwise. My doc said 4% of 18-25 year olds have the clap in Australia. This shit is dangerous if left alone. Please, if you don't get regular tests, DO IT. NOW.

(Thanks for letting unload all this.)

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You've done the right thing. It gives them all a chance to get tested and treated and they'll hopefully do the same. With any luck, they'll respect your honesty and thank you for it.

dunno_what

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Thanks people for the replies.

I have had one reply so far (to my emails), and he has been cool with it, while still being a little reserved (only ten more to go.... sigh, lol). I understand the reservation. My major thing is that I know for a fact that at least one of the dudes I have been with is married, and chlamydia can really fuck a woman's shit up. And I really don't want to be responsible for that.

It's just really fucked, you know. I mean, what do I expect going on online hook-up sites? Yet you still expect people to keep up a level of cleanliness. FFUUCCKK! I just remembered 2 other people I need to email, frickin hell...

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Continue doing the right thing. It's just terrible luck that you happened on someone who doesn't care about his status either way. {clap, chlamydia,syphilis or hiv+}
I would suggest being tested every month if you play bareback.:rolleyes:
I hope it works out for you.
Good Luck!
cigarbabe:saevil:

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I think you should be commended for emailing everyone. Doing what's right is not always easy.

Well, he might not have the e mails. These days I know you exchange e mails and phone numbers, but this doesn't always happen. Still, better to phone and leave a recorded message and tell them. Better than facing them and telling them. Some people, from my experience with people, get rather hostile at a suggestion of VD (I once asked a guy to wear a condom and he got livid, as if I was accusing him of having AIDS.)....

D

deleted3782

I shall never have sex again. :eek:

In all seriousness, thanks for the reality check. Your experience plays in the back of my mind all the time...and as a single guy, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

dunno_what

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Continue doing the right thing. It's just terrible luck that you happened on someone who doesn't care about his status either way. {clap, chlamydia,syphilis or hiv+}
I would suggest being tested every month if you play bareback.:rolleyes:
I hope it works out for you.
Good Luck!
cigarbabe:saevil:

Yeah, I know. The thing is, this is entirely my fault. I have no pretensions regarding that. Condoms, however ill-sized and pleasure-reducing, will now become mandatory. They really should have been before.

Well, he might not have the e mails. These days I know you exchange e mails and phone numbers, but this doesn't always happen. Still, better to phone and leave a recorded message and tell them. Better than facing them and telling them. Some people, from my experience with people, get rather hostile at a suggestion of VD (I once asked a guy to wear a condom and he got livid, as if I was accusing him of having AIDS.)....

I hope no-one goes mental over this. I mean, they have the right to be angry, but it may be any one of them that I got this from. And, thankfully, I have been writing down the screen names of everyone that I have hooked up with. Emailing was easy... receiving the replies shall not be.

I shall never have sex again. :eek:

In all seriousness, thanks for the reality check. Your experience plays in the back of my mind all the time...and as a single guy, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

Exactly, this was the wake up call I needed. And, thank Jesus Buddha and Allah, that it wasn't something worse. Just need the rest of the youth to wake up (even though it's most likely I got this from someone above the age of thirty).

And the thing is, it's easily treatable. No-one should be afraid of it. Just two pills and it usually is gone. I also changed my profile on the hook-up site to reflect all this newfound maturity (it pretty much says, get a test, or if you are passing this shit around on purpose, fuck you, lol).

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am sure your doctor gave you some form of medication - chlamydia is easily treated just as long as you take al of the tablets at the right times etc then you will be fine. Go back for a check up in 3-4 weeks to check that it is gone.

You're doing the right thing by telling all past partners. Just play safe and you'll be fine.

petetown

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
North Truro (Massachusetts, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The one thing that you haven't addressed is that one of your partners was the one who infected you. He may not have known it at the time but he does now, if he's gotten symptoms like you had. You are not the only one to blame (if you need to blame at all.)
I was given the clap by two of my BFs over the years (twenty years apart).....how's that! I don't know if it would have been easier if it were just a trick...rather than the "Honey, we have to talk" talk......
Sometimes these things just happen...BUT and I do mean BUT! Don't ignore a wake up call to be more responsible to yourself and others.....Sex is a good thing...respect yourself.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The "clap" is a slang term for Gonorrhea. Chlamydia is an entirely different disease. You should know this so you can accurately inform your past partners about what you had.

It's honorable that you are informing your past partners. You could have informed them anonymously, like through a new email address.

And thank god you only got something curable instead of HIV or herpes.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i don't wanna lecture you bruddah, so i'll keep this part simple: be safe next time

that said, you did the right thing by letting those you've slept with know for get tested

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
you know how you could have saved 5 minutes of our lives and a whole lotta drama in your life

by using a condom
you dumb fuck
Generally I have liked your posts in the past. I am speaking only as a member. You haven't violated any ToS rule that I can tell. I thought you were a bit harsh to someone who has confessed their mistake and has made it plain that they are changing their behavior.

Though you are very correct, he wasn't thinking when he didn't use protection. He probably deserves to be called dumb for that mistake. But due to his confession and promise to act more wisely in the future I wouldn't have used the words dumb fuck.

Let me make it clear though as your moderator, I would fight to protect your right to make a simple statement such as this.

I'll never forget the words my father taught me as a very young man, "I may not agree with you, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it."

As long as we both have been on this board, I don't know if I have ever disagreed with anything you have said before. I may just be more of a sucker for pity than you are. Who knows?

For what its worth, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. For his sake, I hope I am right. Next time it might be Aids.

dunno_what

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
That was totally called for. I know that I am a dumb fuck (and a good one, lol, couldn't let that one pass) and I deserve what I got. I can handle over-the-top comments on the net, especially if they are correct, anyway.

As for why I put this out there, I just wanted other people who may be uninformed, like me, to read this and maybe think a little before they go and be unsafe. I really did not know much about this disease, or any other STDs to be honest (I mean, I still use the wrong slang term, although all my friends do too!). So, that's about it really.

As for an update, five people have read my emails with four of them replying. Three of those were understanding and supportive, and one was neutral.