so. i have decided to come out to my best friend

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by GoldenMercury2002, Dec 15, 2011.

1. GoldenMercury2002

any pointers would help. she isn't the first person to know, but she is the most important person in my life. I just hope that she doesn't get hurt over the fact that she wasn't the first to know. The only reason other people knew before here was because I tend to be luckily outed at parties ( don't know why, but straight guys always seem to be curious of my sexual preference; while I am talking to friends)

thanks in advanced for any input :)

2. houtx48

Gold Member

Keep it between you and her.................

3. morano

morano Member

Albums:
    If she's your best friend, I'd say there's a pretty good chance she already knows, especially if other people pick up on it.
    If she seriously has no clue, you can always throw the info out there as if you assumed she already knew.
    I though no one knew I was a bi but I found out that my cousin (who I spend a lot of time with) had already been telling people that I'm gay. Even though she wasn't entirely true, she still picked up on it.

4. ex1lepr0

ex1lepr0 New Member

Albums:
    I literally did this like a month ago with my best friend. I think I made a lot of mistakes with it. I just hope I can help you a little with a few pointers. First, location, location, location. You want to do it one on one between the two of you. That's important. But, don't do it in the car. That was a mistake I made. Yes, very stupid I know....:(

Two, do it very softly and subtly. Don't just flash it up. If at all possible, build up a conversation, and drop the ball somewhere in there.

That's the best I've got. I hope it helps, and good luck.

5. GoldenMercury2002

I actually think she doesn't know. When we are talking about her and her relationships and she wants to make a comparison, she mentions something like 'its like if your girlfriend...'

6. DavidXL

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    2 thoughts jumped out at me here. If she gets hurt because she wasn't first to know, that kind of sounds like an annoying reaction. It's your personal business.

The other thought is, be careful that she doesn't have romantic feelings toward you, which might lead her to react poorly to this news. Before I was married, I had some very close (intense, maybe) platonic relationships with women. On 3 occaisions, I remember that the friends got majorly pissed off at me when I started dating another woman. I remember being surprised at their reactions, since we had been friends for so long and thought they would have been happy for me.

Good luck!

Draft saved Draft deleted