so, i just did my philosophy final

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
it was a take home exam, but he said we have to be extremely thorough, which i was!

those were the questions, and here's a copy of my final; please lemme know what you all think! unfortunately, i have to post it on google documents, which means you need a google account to see it. but, here's the link:

new edit: forgot the questions had my professor's amil addy. that was my bad. lemme post the questions on goodle documents

these are the questions:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dccbcbjf_2853mq4gp

Last edited:

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
ok peoples, i made a new document of the questions, but without my professor's email addy. my bad!

also, you don't need a google account for see the test questions and answers

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Darlin', I have a B.A. in Philosophy, but can't bring myself to read your entire final. I hate grading papers.

I did read a bit of it, though. At a glance, it seems you did reasonably well. With regards to Deep Ecology, I'm not sure if it's true that Deep Ecologists argue that we should protect the environment in order to avoid destroying ourselves. Some branches of environmental philosophy argue that we should protect the environment because if it's inherent worth, not because of it's value to humans. I can't remember if that comes from Deep Ecology or not.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I don't think Freud thought of the id, the ego, and the superego as being drives. Rather, they were divisions of the psyche.
Drives were part of the id, I thought.

But anyway, surf ... I remember taking lots of philosophy tests.
It some ways, it was the most useful subject.
I hope you really get into it.

Last edited:

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
*shrug* i tried my best, given that 90% of our discussions were about his girlfriends of the past, him living on south beach, him playing guitar in class, or about how we need for become green.