So I Saw “the Painted Bird”

Ok , it’s a long movie and honestly I couldn’t tell if it was actually telling a story. It seemed like your typical shock video but in long form. “How much can we tamely do with a child?” Seemed to be the premise. And I couldn’t tell you where this movie was supposed to have taken place , I’m assuming a Serbian type nation. And the locals were so hyperbolic in their characters and behaviors. Imagine all of those hill billy horror films in the US and how they portray White Americans in rural areas. Felt like a dig on those people. Nothing shocked me about this film. The things done in them I’ve seen in other films years ago, so hearing people walked out the film made me laugh . Seriously? This movie made you walk out? I give it a 3/5 . The graphics were nice and some justice was served. The Marquis de Sade would’ve liked it as a beginner’s slide into the libertine lifestyle. You wanna be shocked , listen to the reading of ‘Justine’ on YouTube.

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ok , it’s a long movie and honestly I couldn’t tell if it was actually telling a story. It seemed like your typical shock video but in long form. “How much can we tamely do with a child?” Seemed to be the premise. And I couldn’t tell you where this movie was supposed to have taken place , I’m assuming a Serbian type nation. And the locals were so hyperbolic in their characters and behaviors. Imagine all of those hill billy horror films in the US and how they portray White Americans in rural areas. Felt like a dig on those people. Nothing shocked me about this film. The things done in them I’ve seen in other films years ago, so hearing people walked out the film made me laugh . Seriously? This movie made you walk out? I give it a 3/5 . The graphics were nice and some justice was served. The Marquis de Sade would’ve liked it as a beginner’s slide into the libertine lifestyle. You wanna be shocked , listen to the reading of ‘Justine’ on YouTube.
This does not look like an easy watch...

The Painted Bird (film) - Wikipedia

Re: de Sade - I've never had much time for his perverted, 3rd rate ravings. Whatever floats yr boat - 50 Shades of Grey was successful.