So I start school in 12 hours....

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
And I am fanatically nervous about it. Like, beyond normal nervous. I'm nervous about whether or not I'll make new friends. I'm nervous about whether or not I'll like my teachers. I'm nervous about whether or not I can do the work. I'm nervous about failing. I'm nervous about being in a school building behind a desk PERIOD. I'm nervous about homework. I'm just.... nervous, damnit!

Gah.

Thanks, I needed to get that out. Big warm fuzzy hug, anyone?

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Get a seat at the back, ass kiss teachers and stay behind for extra classes for the first week - you'll get away with anything from the second week onwards. :biggrin1:

None of the reasons you listed are worth spending more than a few minutes worrying about. Chill. :smile:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
And I am fanatically nervous about it. Like, beyond normal nervous. I'm nervous about whether or not I'll make new friends. I'm nervous about whether or not I'll like my teachers. I'm nervous about whether or not I can do the work. I'm nervous about failing. I'm nervous about being in a school building behind a desk PERIOD. I'm nervous about homework. I'm just.... nervous, damnit!

Gah.

Here's the hug, TMM! And good luck!

I remember starting at a new school and I can still remember the feelings of anxiety beforehand. To steel myself against the nervousness, I tried to imagine myself as one of those rodeo cowboys who lashes his wrist to a brahma bull shortly before the gates swing open. No matter how hard the bull bucked and kicked and twisted I was going along for the ride.

http://www.pendletonroundup.com/images/uploaded/brichards.jpg

BurningVenus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Gah.

Chill hun. <<<HUGS>>>> go to sleep.

Study so hard that you wont have time to be nervous. Tape your classes and replay them.

if you are in a dorm, youre gonna make friends. :shhh: Go to sleep.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Get a seat at the back, ass kiss teachers and stay behind for extra classes for the first week - you'll get away with anything from the second week onwards. :biggrin1:

None of the reasons you listed are worth spending more than a few minutes worrying about. Chill. :smile:

I would ammend this with advice to sit in the front. Anywhere in the front two rows is perfect.

Oh. And always be early.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Gah.

Meg,(kisses forehead and cheek, and gives one big warm fuzzy hug) don't sweat it there hon. Just go in there with head held high, and remember- these people won't affect your life unless you want them to.
Ask the teachers directly if you need help.
And see if anyone in classes want to buddy up & study together.
And above all, make a bathroom trip before each class today, ok?
:wink::hug::kiss:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Big hug to you Meg. You'll be fine. I don't think you'll have any problems making friends or doing well in school being the friendly smart cookie that you are.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well today was my first class. It went really well! I was horribly nervous before class, and I showed up about 20 minutes early... there was another class in our room already, so we were all just waiting in the hall... I was pacing the hall. :smile: But once I got in there and we got started, it wasn't a big deal... felt like high school. And my teacher is incredibly cool. (Algebra class).

Hehe, I'm through with school. But I'll send you a hug from me, though.

May I ask what school that is that you are starting?

I am going to Johnson County Community College... Associates of Arts Transfer Degree. After two years here, I'll be transferring to KU to finish my schooling... gonna get my BA in Social Work.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well today was my first class. It went really well! I was horribly nervous before class, and I showed up about 20 minutes early... there was another class in our room already, so we were all just waiting in the hall... I was pacing the hall. :smile: But once I got in there and we got started, it wasn't a big deal... felt like high school. And my teacher is incredibly cool. (Algebra class).

I am going to Johnson County Community College... Associates of Arts Transfer Degree. After two years here, I'll be transferring to KU to finish my schooling... gonna get my BA in Social Work.

See? You had nothing to worry about Mama. And I'm impressed.

I didn't know you live in my old stomping ground. I used to live in Shawnee and then moved back the KC side and lived in Brookside.

basketbulge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Congratulations Meg! I'm sure you will settle into a groove very quickly. And I'm certain your classmates will adore you as much as we do! I just wish I could have packed you a Wonderwoman lunchbox this morning!! :smile: