So I start school in 12 hours....

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're gonna love it. I had a blast returning to school as an "older" student and I appreciated it more than the first time. :smile:
So true! I didn't go back to school to complete my BA until I was 25.

Well today was my first class. It went really well! I was horribly nervous before class, and I showed up about 20 minutes early... there was another class in our room already, so we were all just waiting in the hall... I was pacing the hall. :smile: But once I got in there and we got started, it wasn't a big deal... felt like high school. And my teacher is incredibly cool. (Algebra class).

I am going to Johnson County Community College... Associates of Arts Transfer Degree. After two years here, I'll be transferring to KU to finish my schooling... gonna get my BA in Social Work.
I knew you would be more than fine. :smile:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cool! I have two college degrees and have thought about going back yet again (yeah, I'm crazy!) This time the budget is the main thing holding me back, plus now I have to work to support myself and pay my own bills. When I got my second degree, I did work too and pay my student loan (from the first degree) and any credit card, etc. bills too but I was still living with my parents so I didn't have rent (they didn't charge me) or utilities.

My first college experience was not as fun as I wish it had been. I think partly I was too immature (academically I was ready, but emotionally I was a wreck), partly I chose the wrong major for me, and mostly I went to the wrong kind of school for me - I had no business at a conservative Catholic college! :eek: I needed to be at a public university, most likely, with a wide variety of different students. Not sure what I should've majored in, since most of my interests involve high level math skills, but they were sorely lacking back then. (could've taken remedial classes, I suppose). One thing that if I'd known existed back then, and if I'd known what my level of interest in it would be (had NO idea at the time!), I would've gone to Indiana University and majored in Folklore with a concentration in Ethnomusicology! Big time world music fan here! But I didn't know that at the time - I only found that out maybe my last year of college when I "discovered" African, and Celtic, music, and fell in love with all of that.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well today was my first class. It went really well! I was horribly nervous before class, and I showed up about 20 minutes early... there was another class in our room already, so we were all just waiting in the hall... I was pacing the hall. :smile: But once I got in there and we got started, it wasn't a big deal... felt like high school. And my teacher is incredibly cool. (Algebra class).

I am going to Johnson County Community College... Associates of Arts Transfer Degree. After two years here, I'll be transferring to KU to finish my schooling... gonna get my BA in Social Work.
All that worrying for nothing. Congrats on your 1st day there, Meg.