So I thought an Open forum might yield an idea

ScotRandom

Cherished Member
Media
A Galaxy Far Far Away, LPSG, KIK & Fab Swingers. A
Sexuality
No Response
...I think its high time some pointed you to some actual help...

...Perhaps, once you have some assistance (which seems to be readily available in California), you'll be able to devote some time to finding a girl who's can overlook your clumsy attempts at self deprecation and get to know the guy who steps up when his family needs him.

I wish you the best of luck with all of this.

Dances around the living room that altclgurl focussed on what matters to OP.

Dude, I think it's safe to say that you have all of our sympathies, but that isn't really gonna help you much. atl is right in that you should concentrate on the positive things from the other posters which will actually direct you to finding that assistance & support which will aleviate your situation. It's out there... you just need to find it.

Stay in a positive place man & however bad it may seem my instincts tell me you can overcome anything you put your mind to.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I truly hope the OP took Dragon's and prettyswinggirl's advice and contacted the social workers available at most hospitals, to get linked into the community and county and state support systems in your area.

You grew up in this stress so you might think it's just the way things are. But just like AA for the family members has Alanon, there are all sorts of caregiver help nowadays, either for one-off 'respite' nights or for meetings with others in the same boat.

Who knows? you might find a pretty female 'in the same boat' at one of the meetings and hit it off.

Whilst everyone else's comments on your post might help you in looking at your "humor", I think its high time some pointed you to some actual help...

Clearly you have a computer, and I would try to pinpoint it closer to "home" for you, but I don't know where "home" is, besides CA.

Here is a website for caregiver's and resources available to you in the state of California. California Caregiver Resource Centers

You are young and so I'm pretty certain your Mom is not a senior, but it can't hurt to take a look at this website either: California Department of Aging - Family Caregiver Program

Here is a link to a website that provides information on financial support for those dealing with your issues. Financial Aid - California

Though it may take some time and energy to contact these agencies, etc... (which you don't have much of), I think it would be time well spent.

Perhaps, once you have some assistance (which seems to be readily available in California), you'll be able to devote some time to finding a girl who's can overlook your clumsy attempts at self deprecation and get to know the guy who steps up when his family needs him.

I wish you the best of luck with all of this.

Really good advice.

I also wish you the best. You are a young man in a tough situation. Perhaps the tougher posts here have provided an opportunity for learning.