So I tried to cut myself the other day.....

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
..... but i couldn't, I was in the middle of doing it and I was like, "Wow.... this would hurt. This is stupid lol"

But this rush of sudden sadness last night was really overwhelming. I've been missing my girlfriend. I haven't seen her in a week because she lives in a different city. I know you say its only a week, but it still hurts like hell. I hate that. I wish my heart wasn't so dependent on her. But it is. I tried to cheat and that didn't work.

We was skyping each other and I upset her because of my attempt. I didn't mean to... I just needed a distraction..... to distract me from missing her..... That stressed me out, among apply to Med School, and among other things.

Then it hit me. I have sex like how people use drugs, alcohol, food, and other crap to distract them. I'm horny because of my hormones, but its also augmented because of my relationship with stress. I think thats why I work out so much too. They just distract me man. Realizing this, the origin of my compulsion, helps a lil now. I just tell myself to do something different. Knowing it that'll pass assures me a lil bit.

Her company distracts me..... but I don't want to be like that. I just want to take my stress away...... please don't cut yourself.....

iian1972

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
People really go through tough times, I have a couple of friends a father and a cousin that have gone through with this and have lost there lives.

So dont post a crap thread, cus you cant get laid.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
..... but i couldn't, I was in the middle of doing it and I was like, "Wow.... this would hurt. This is stupid lol"

But this rush of sudden sadness last night was really overwhelming. I've been missing my girlfriend. I haven't seen her in a week because she lives in a different city. I know you say its only a week, but it still hurts like hell. I hate that. I wish my heart wasn't so dependent on her. But it is. I tried to cheat and that didn't work.

We was skyping each other and I upset her because of my attempt. I didn't mean to... I just needed a distraction..... to distract me from missing her..... That stressed me out, among apply to Med School, and among other things.

Then it hit me. I have sex like how people use drugs, alcohol, food, and other crap to distract them. I'm horny because of my hormones, but its also augmented because of my relationship with stress. I think thats why I work out so much too. They just distract me man. Realizing this, the origin of my compulsion, helps a lil now. I just tell myself to do something different. Knowing it that'll pass assures me a lil bit.

Her company distracts me..... but I don't want to be like that. I just want to take my stress away...... please don't cut yourself.....

You should talk to your doctor about this.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Galaxus,
This is non uncommon, but also not normal. Just like depression is not uncommon, but not normal. They are both reactions to certain situations, but they can be debilitating and life threatening. So I would give the same recommendation for this that I would give if a friend described symptoms of depression. I would recommend they see someone who can help them.

Also, just like depression, problems like this are more easily treated than you might think. Many times much of the treatment involves the kind of self-awareness you described yourself coming to. And that increased awareness of this kind of response gets you a long way to getting rid of it. But self-awareness is hard to come by by yourself.

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it's good that you're able to tell us about this butsubmissivegirl83 is right: You should be discussing this with your doctor. Do you feel able to do that?

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Self- harm and depression are related urges. Addictive behaviors are also self-harming urges. You are on to something important. Love and forgive yourself for having energies going every which way inside you. Talking to others, especially professionals but not Only professionals, is an important safety valve for everyone.

Bury yourself in work, bury yourself in exercise, eat well and sleep well. Take care of your vehicle for living and find a thing that you can enjoy even alone, like art or music, that picks you up. Love yourself. You live in your skin whether or not loved ones are near.

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Self- harm and depression are related urges. Addictive behaviors are also self-harming urges. You are on to something important. Love and forgive yourself for having energies going every which way inside you. Talking to others, especially professionals but not Only professionals, is an important safety valve for everyone.

Bury yourself in work, bury yourself in exercise, eat well and sleep well. Take care of your vehicle for living and find a thing that you can enjoy even alone, like art or music, that picks you up. Love yourself. You live in your skin whether or not loved ones are near.

:)

cs7309

Just Browsing
Media
What did emo drama queens do before the internet? How would they know that cutting was a good way to be an attention whore? How would the trend spread across the country?

Galaxus,
This is non uncommon, but also not normal. Just like depression is not uncommon, but not normal. They are both reactions to certain situations, but they can be debilitating and life threatening. So I would give the same recommendation for this that I would give if a friend described symptoms of depression. I would recommend they see someone who can help them.

Also, just like depression, problems like this are more easily treated than you might think. Many times much of the treatment involves the kind of self-awareness you described yourself coming to. And that increased awareness of this kind of response gets you a long way to getting rid of it. But self-awareness is hard to come by by yourself.
Great post! :smile:

What did emo drama queens do before the internet? How would they know that cutting was a good way to be an attention whore? How would the trend spread across the country?
And what did arseholes do before the internet? :rolleyes:

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Six posts in 4 years and this is the best you can do to be a total asshole. Please go back into the cave you came from.

His talking about it is better than seeing the scars on your friends arms, and yes I have.