So I was going to post my skepticism of the Polygamist Compound Raid...but FUCK

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by hottxboi16, Apr 19, 2008.

1. hottxboi16

hottxboi16 Member

2. hottxboi16

hottxboi16 Member

ABC News: Polygamy Trail Leads to Colorado

theres another link direct from abc news...its outrageous to see the kind of authority we have allowed our government to have. They can completely ruin the lives of hundreds of individuals based on a phone call they've been investigating FOR WEEKS! Outrageous.....

People may not agree with their lifestyle of polygamy but who is to say who is right? UGH this frustrates me SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH......i can't even believe this has been allowed to happen...and so maliciously misconstrued by government officials...disgusting corruption

3. snake8512

snake8512 New Member

You're surprised by this how? we've all seen this before, Waco etc.. Hell the .gov types get away with this stuff because WE let them.

4. petergroot

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't live in the US but this plays real bad on TV. Makes the US authorities look like Bob Mugabe's goons. US goverment are chipping away your freedoms bit by bit, soon not much left. What to do?

5. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Polygamy is ILLEGAL.

Fucking 15 year old girls is ILLEGAL.

And, In my opinion, RAISING children with this kind of brainwashing religious lunacy is CHILD ABUSE.

This cult ABANDONS their 14 year old male children so there will be fewer males competing with the 45 year old dads for the 15 year old daughters.

raising children in isolation from all other information, so that you can manufacture ignorant and compliant young women who firmly believe that their bizarre and manipulated lives are "god's will" is criminal.

Its NOT their free choice if they are kept unaware of other options, intimidated and chained to this insane life for fear of losing their children.

Oh and BTW... the only mistake the government made at WACO was that they SHOULD have simply built a fence around it and called it a prison.

When the FBI comes knocking at your door... you DO NOT respond with gunfire...

Not unless you want to bring down a war upon yourself.

The Rule of Law means that the LAW rules... you comply with the law... or you suffer the consequences.

OR you CHANGE the law.

6. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Hottxboi
    Never have I read such disgusting, foul and misinformed post such as yours.
    As the victim of a pedophile religious leader from a very young age I can tell you that it is NEVER OK for Adults to engage in sexual practices with children.
    The fact that in both cases it was done by people in positions of trust and were protected by the network that they operated in DOES NOT make it right.

WAKE UP TO YOURSELF MORON.

7. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

If only the Rangers or FBI had raided the rectory at the local Catholic Church 30 years ago to stopped the rampant and un-addressed pederasty of the priests....

8. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Amen to that Phil.

9. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    They wouldn't have found an abuse rate significantly higher than that of the general population if they had. The issue isn't how widespread it was, because it wasn't compared to everybody else; it was the cover-up involved and the people responsible that makes it such a news worthy item, not the prevalence rate. Rampant is an incorrect description; unaddressed hits the nail on the head, however.

There isn't too much of a valid analogy between that scandal and this one.

10. hottxboi16

hottxboi16 Member

Perhaps your inability to read lead to you a few misconceptions.....I never condoned the engagement of sexual practices with children....WHAT I STATED was that there has been ABSOLUTELY NO evidence released as of now that supports their purported claims, and thus their subsequent actions are grossly unjustified....clear difference if you weren't illiterate

11. hottxboi16

hottxboi16 Member

Lets see......polygamy is illegal....yes big deal it happens across america, Utah and Colorado accept this and dont persecute polygamists, instead they work with these sects to ensure that things such as sexual activity with minors does not occur.

"Fucking 15 year old girls" is illegal..yes....there is still no evidence this has happened

Raising children with brainwashed religious lunacy is abuse? Tell that to catholics who dominate religion with over 1 billion religious followers....just because you dont agree with their parenting tactics doesnt make yours right. I suppose you would rather condone 18 year old sluts showing their breasts and doing sexual acts and then having it showed in your face on t.v. everyday a better social practice? Please get off your high horse as if our society does such a better job raising our children, you just regurgitate whatever you feel is socially acceptable and then criticize and demonize things you feel arn't.

I am NOT SAYING these things have no happened, WHAT I AM SAYING TO BE CLEAR SINCE NO ONE CAN READ, is that their has BEEN NO EVIDENCE to support these claims, the raid thus far strongly seems to be connected to a PHONE CALL by a woman CONVICTED of making PRIOR FALSE ACCUSATIONS!

Not only that, but if you simply watch the interviews with law enforcement agents involved, they really just set themselves up to be questioned. Many of them stated they wanted to bust the compound for years, but they just needed a reason...coincidentally they get a phone call from a girl that doesnt exist being abused by a man who doesnt even live in the same state...The whole situation SCREAMS to be questioned....

And back to being brainwashed...governments/media/parents brainwash people all the time....don't act like it isn't a common occurence...its called propaganda x.x

12. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Precisely!

I think the word you are looking for here is "pedophilia," not "pederasty."

There is plenty of evidence that this sect (both in Utah and in Texas, same group...) routinely "discard" their teen boys, and marry girls as young as 12 to the "church leaders." But that still does not excuse the way the government has handled the situation. I was beyond appalled when reading some of the more recent headlines regarding this story.

The concept is good; the methodology is flawed.

13. hottxboi16

hottxboi16 Member

Well im sorry, im 20 years old, i dont think i was around for the waco event, excuse me for not researching every government abuse every recorded in history x.x

The concept may be good, but thats not what im arguing here..im arguing the methodology and the erosion of civil rights

14. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

You're a religious apologist. We do not "work with" drug dealers to see that they don't "sell to kids"
    We incarcerate them.

You ARE kidding right? I think a PREGNANT 15 year old girl with a wedding ring is pretty strong evidence it has.

I do... and as often and as vociferously as I can.
    Religion is a manipulation scam and a delusion... and indoctrinating young people with it is actually child abuse.
    I don't care how popular a given "faith" is... its still the moral equivalent of brainwashing.

I don't "demonize" anything, because I am not subject to the delusion that demons exist.

Hey... some parents want the freedom to beat their children, starve them,, and deny them medical care because of their personal delusional beliefs....

Its not a matter of opinion... Delusional people are delusional... by definition, their judgment is impaired.
    That makes their opinions on parenting irrelevant.

They can comply with the law, or suffer the consequences.
    Like non-delusional people have to do.

When YOU take on the role of parent you take on responsibility for ANOTHER human being... they do not "belong" to you.

And they are not old enough to make informed consent to your delusional religious idiocy.

The commonality of an immoral act does not make it any less immoral.
    To willfully disregard the law is immoral.

To manipulate the conscious perception of others for your own lascivious ends is immoral.

You make noise as if the police wanting to bust this place for a long time is somehow sinister.

Well, they often feel the same way about busting drug distributors and rings of car thieves and organized crime families...

That they must wait for probable cause, adequate evidence, and a warrant is the Cops following the law.

15. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

PS--

lets be perfectly honest here... Polygamy... as these people practice it, is solely about older men justifying their fucking lots of younger women.

Clothing lewd intent in religious raiment only makes them MORE evil and self obsessed.

16. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    You seem to be under the mistaken impression that law enforcement and prosecutorial authorities fully disclose all facts uncovered in their investigations prior to a trial. You couldn't be more wrong.

Unless you're a member of one of the police agencies or district attorneys involved in the investigation, you know precisely dick. So, please drop the idiotic alarmist rants about abuse of authority and violation of rights.

Your implication that the state should turn a skeptical eye to any such claim of child abuse is repulsively offensive to people who have endured such atrocity, because it's exactly that mentality that allows those behaviors to be swept under the rug. Do us all a favor and shut your ignorant mouth the fuck up.

Draft saved Draft deleted