So I'm cute...

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Fleur, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Fleur

Gold Member

Alright...so this thread may have been made before, but I'm going to start it again...I was having a discussion with a friend recently over what all these compliments meant...what do you think? We couldn't come to any sort of consensus to any of their meanings...it seems. Even those these compliments are used all the time.

Let's assume for argument's sake that these compliments are coming from someone you know/care about/like...

YouTube - NewsRadio Clip - Pretty Vs. Cute

What does it mean to you when a guy calls you:

• cute
    • pretty
    • sexy
    • hot
    • gorgeous
    • sweet
    • beautiful
    A side question, what do you prefer?

#1 Fleur, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  2. StraightCock4Her

StraightCock4Her New Member

The truth: If the context is a guy who you think maybe interested in you and you didn't just dress up unusually or something... Think context here, could he mean it in friendship? Don't assume anything. Ask him if he's interested in you, it's ok... Saying, "Are you interested in me romantically?" isn't going to kill you.

When he calls you...

*Cute he means he wants to bone you but can't in good conscience say you're gorgeous because you're probably a 7 at best.

*Pretty it means you're an 8 at best but pretty is a platonic term. So, it doesn't mean he wants to bone you unless you take it in context with everything else he says.

*Sexy means he's probably already boned you and would like to do so again in a very short period of time. If he hasn't boned you it probably means he wants to badly.

*Hot means he thinks you're either out of his league or perfectly physically suited to him sexually.

*Gorgeous means you dressed up and he'd like to take you out on the town for dinner and dancing and then bone you in his car while calling you a slut.

*Sweet means he is probably not very interested in you but is still going to bone you for posterity but only if you pursue it.

*Beautiful usually implies that he has a crush on you and would like to stick his dick in your anus.

#2 StraightCock4Her, Oct 23, 2009
  3. Fleur

Gold Member

StraightCock...you are always so eloquent...but that's why I adore you :rolleyes: It's not about asking "do you like me?" ...it's about the meanings (to you) behind the compliments.

Thank you for your honesty. :smile: Btw, I have been called everything on that list and a lot of other things not on the list good and bad...but yes, context does matter.

#3 Fleur, Oct 23, 2009
  4. teasedsilly

teasedsilly Member

Albums:
    Context is everything. The same girl can be "cute" or "hot" or "gorgeous" depending on what she is wearing or doing. And I don't think of the terms as existing on a scale. I love "cute", it's just a different kind of attraction. More playful. In fact if a woman can't look cute I'm less attracted to her. Of course it can be used as a lesser compliment, but no guy is going to tell you you're cute unsolicited and mean you're "somewhat attractive" or cute like a puppy or anything you might be tempted to think.

And I left "girl" in the first line after considering to remove it, because I think that's another word women sometimes get offended at because I don't think they understand the use. "Girl" and "woman" stress youth and maturity respectively, and can both be used about the same person in different contexts. I'm sure some might use it as a sleight, but that's not how I see it.

5. psidom

Gold Member

Albums:
    good post!

i have often contemplated what each of these means to me.
    only because i really like to know exactly what i like
    so i can express it the very best that i possibly can
    to my lover...as i expect the same.

cute- think of a smurf or an ewok...that is what cute is to me.

pretty- think of the woman in leave it to beaver...boring.

sexy-this is like angelina jolie or kate moss...pretty to look at
    but i so caught up in the image,they lose "hot" points.

hot- Ideal...perfect everything that just makes your cock hard
    everytime she is around, which makes your heart pitter patter and want to
    never ever cheat,in mind or physical reality...a true sexual being.
    a great fuck but tends to be a bit of a task in bed.nympho.

gorgeous- audrey hepburn type...the more divine side of hot,very feminine
    you do not "fuck" her unless she asks...which she very rarely does,
    she is delicate and highly intelligent.
    you have the utmost respect for her ethereal nature.
    classy but misses the primitive side of fuck.

sweet-kinda like cute...aww.how naive.

beautiful- close to sexy...it is all about looks.

so in this my ideal woman would be "hot" or "gorgeous" to me.
    i prefer hot to gorgeous because i am a nympho. :redface:

6. psidom

Gold Member

Albums:
    i would say that you were "gorgeous" fleur,most likely,
    just from your verification pic.

not "cute" in my book.:wink:

7. Sergeant_Torpedo

Gold Member

Has it crossed your mind to buy a good dictionary? As for cute, I come from a part of the world where cute means devious, cunning, deceitful, given to artifice. Come to think of it that is what cute now really means.

8. psidom

Gold Member

Albums:
    all i have is a medical dictionary.
    i could define what the fossa of the illium is.

9. voidout

Gold Member

• cute - adorable, not a knock out, but attractive. i also think it can be them referring to your entire self...personality, mannerisms, etc, etc.
    • pretty - good looking, and they're very attracted to you by your face.
    • sexy - i think this refers again to your entire self...mind, body, and spirit.
    • hot - "i'd totally fuck you."
    • gorgeous - knocking him out with your looks.
    • sweet - you're innocent looking.
    • beautiful - knocking him out with your looks and who you are as a person.

i prefer gorgeous, and beautiful for obvious reasons.

10. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    i guess it doesn't really mean anything to me when a guy calls me any of those terms on that list, because as others stated already context is everything. i don't assume anything, depends on the guy.

however let's see, i will say this: i think of cute, pretty, gorgeous, sweet and beautiful as neutral terms. the deliverer doesn't have to want to fuck me to say those things. if someone calls me hot or sexy though, obviously i assume the natural thing: that person would probably like to ride the hobby horse with me. depending, of course.

i get called pretty and sweet a lot; don't mind that think it's nice, and i like all the terms depending on the deliverer. i think sweet and/or beautiful are my favorites.

my partner calls me savagely intriguing, and that means more to me than anything on that list but that is neither here nor there.

11. Fleur

Gold Member

Has it crossed your mind to know that I'm not a prescriptive grammarian and I'm a psycholinguist and this crap you call a dictionary doesn't really concern me? Thanks...:wink:

Here, this'll help:

Descriptive grammar refers to the structure of a language as it is actually used by speakers and writers.

Prescriptive grammar
    refers to the structure of a language as certain people think it should be used.

I swear, I can't ask a question about language here without being scolded by some English prescriptivist who was beaten by their English teacher as a kid. :tongue:

12. D_Rawkesbye Deadheade

In my opinion;

• Cute is when a girl looks lovable. This is very subjective.
    • Pretty is when a girl is physically attractive. This is more of an overall rating. If there's a check-list she ticks most of the boxes but not necessarily all. There's room for some, ahem, imperfections.
    • Sexy is when a girl has great sex appeal. Thoughts turn towards sexual context but not necessarily about an intercourse. This usually involves but not restricted to flesh revealing.
    • Hot is when a girl turns me on.
    • Gorgeous is when the overall package is (subjectively) perfect. Strictly physical.
    • Sweet is more about what the girl does and how she comes across than how she looks. Think things that make you go "awww".
    • Beautiful is predominantly about the face but it could also be used to describe personality (inner beauty).
    I think all of these individual qualities come together to constitute attractiveness. Usually I don't intentionally go through the list and give scores when I take interest in a girl but I just jump straight to attractiveness. The list is gone through subconsciously.

13. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    :lmao:

14. blg3floor3

blg3floor3 New Member

I'm pretty annoyed at the bad rap cute gets and how it's thought of as an inferior kind of attractiveness by most people - it's not (though there are a few here that see it positively). To me, anyway. I must say I'm also dismayed at how pretty seems to be at almost the same level as cute. Although hot seems to be pretty much at where I figured it'd be.

Interested to see how this thread and these terms develop as more responses come in.

15. Fleur

Gold Member

Big3: For what it's worth, I consider cute a compliment...I didn't always, but it's usually one of the first things people say to me when complimenting me.

16. voidout

Gold Member

i agree, very interesting thread. i love this topic, fleur. me and my brother often speak on how it is not the words, but the perception from who is hearing them.

17. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    • cute
    • pretty
    • sexy
    • hot
    • gorgeous
    • sweet
    • beautiful
    alright speaking as a guy I can tell you what I personally mean and picture when I use a given word

Cute is (as mentioned on NewsRadio Show) generally used for a girl with a nice face who is short and generally small in general. I can also use it for a girl who reguardless of looks behaves in a 'cute' innocent manner. I will also usually use the term Cute if the girl in question has sort of a round face with 'soft' features.

Pretty is something mostly focused on the face. It dosn't matter if the girl is overweight or lean or right in the middle Pretty is just a face that you like to look at.

Sexy is by far the easiest one, looking at this person makes you think about having sex with them.

Hot is one where the face is a plus but generally it means a good body. Some people won't say Hot unless the face is good to but others will say Hot if the girl has a great body but a 'butterface' or an average face, generally tho Hot has to do with the body.

Gorgeous is one I don't really use a lot but usually it can be used if a girl has a physical feature that I personally find really great but isn't for everyone.

Sweet I will say a girl is Sweet if she is, nice and friendly. Especially if she is the kind of girl that I have not heard say anything bad about anyone or who will actually try to cheer up someone who is sad. It's sadly very rare amoung women these days.

Beautiful ok Beautiful is what I call a girl when I don't think there can be any argument at all that she is attractive, some things don't appeal to every person but if I say a girl is Beautiful then in my opinion she has the classic good looks that everyone can aprove of. (I work with two of these and let me tell you, I have a breif mental lapse the first time I see either of them in a given day. For a second or two I forget what I am thinking every time I see them.)

18. MuscleDick

MuscleDick New Member

Albums:
    FWIW: in my book cute is the most desireable and sexiest of all female adjectives...and no way in hell does it mean you are a "7" - cute never ever gets old. I only use the term "cute" to basically describe a female I really find personally attractive. Some of those females who are runway model types may be technically considered "beautiful" but they do absolutely nothing for me the way a truly cute female can. Just my preference. Cute is sexy, youthful, fun and never ever gets old to me.

19. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Interesting descriptions.

Two additional words are "stunning" and "interesting" -- what do THOSE mean when applied to women?

20. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

i think i called my ex all of these at one point. but cute more. to me cute is far nicer. i agree it definately means personality aswell. if i called a girl hot, probs means im horny

Draft saved Draft deleted