So I'm cute...

MuscleDick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
"Stunning, breath-taking, gorgeous" and the like are all over-the-top adjectives that just seem like bullshit a guy would say to impress a girl but not necessarily terms most men would necessarily use amongst themselves when describing females (at least in my experiences)...

"Interesting" however is used and I think it describes a girl who may not initially strike you as being attractive at first glance but who grows on you over time. I would use "interesting" when describing a few different females I encountered throughout the years (mostly co-workers tbh) who did nothing for me physically but over time because of great personalities and/or sense of humor these females fell into the "interesting" category because non-physical traits they posessed cause me to see them as attractive. That's my take on "interesting" - may be interpreted differently by other males though....

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haven't been called cute since I was 6 years old, so I don't know how I would take it now.

I've been called pretty and beautiful, so to me they are sort of interchangeable.

When guys call me hot it's usually because of my boobs, and they're usually younger than I am.

Cap's the only one that calls me gorgeous, and it's usually when I fix my hair and makeup to go to a fancy affair. And it usually means that he'll want to come home early so mess up my hair and makeup. It also means that he wants to show me off, and I'm ok with that. When he's like that I usually vamp it up a bit, too.

Last time I was called sweet? I don't remember. I'd probably take it like a kiss off, unless it's from my aunt, in which case it means that I did something nice but not worth anything. She's like that.

Kevbo

Sexy Member
Media
What does it mean to you when a guy calls you:

• cute
  • pretty
  • sexy
  • hot
  • gorgeous
  • sweet
  • beautiful
A side question, what do you prefer?

As a guy, I'll toss in (from my personal perspective):

"Cute", "sweet", and (to lesser degrees) "sexy" and "hot" are personality-driven, not primarily looks-driven. Probably best expressed as the way the woman's personality "drives" or "informs" her looks -- she has to have some baseline attractiveness to begin with (not necessarily a lot), but just the way she smiles or empathizes or smolders is very effective.

"Beautiful" is an amplification of "pretty", and (in my experience) much rarer. "Pretty" generally means she meets the usual societal standards of beauty -- facial symmetry, figure within reasonable fitness bounds, etc. Many women are pretty. "Beautiful" means there is some extraordinary element -- fascinating eyes, fantastic smile, etc.

"Gorgeous" is beautiful x10, a very rare thing indeed, a mixture of great beauty and a personality that matches. Goddess, can't-catch-my-breath material. I've only met 2 women in my life who've caused this reaction in me.

If this sounds highly regimented, in practice it's not. There is overlap and context. If a female friend is modeling new clothes that she needs affirmation on, you step it up a bit -- that sort of thing. I try to be fair, though, with women I'm just getting to know; I'm not the kind of guy who can sell a line I don't believe in.

(FWIW, I'm often told I'm "cute" by women, and I'm quite sure they are commenting more on my personality and sense of humor than my looks.)

Kevbo

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Last time I was called sweet? I don't remember. I'd probably take it like a kiss off, unless it's from my aunt, in which case it means that I did something nice but not worth anything. She's like that.

Personally, my favourite answer.

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
I am 31 years old but look 22-25 ball park. It ANNOYS me when I go on a date and a man I've just met says I'm cute. However it's acceptable for my boyfriend to tell me I'm cute simply because I said or did something.

I had a man tell me recently that I was not too shabby myself. That was my first clue he was really not into me. Maybe it's just me but I think "Not too shabby" is NOT something you say to a woman.

denton85

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Port Jefferson Station (New York, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't use sweet or gorgeous ... don't know why... just never been in my vocab or train of thought... however i thought i should give my 2 cents on the rest of the convo... because i know there is a definite difference for all the words... and i try to use them accordingly

When i use cute or pretty , they are the same level of attractiveness to me. Cute is when a girl is "pretty" and tries to act more girly and "young and innocent" to me... pretty is a serious girl of the same attractiveness... however acts her age, and i'm actually able to hold a conversation with.... (which is important to me)

however on the flip end is "sexy", "hot", and "beautiful" these are are also the same attractive levels (a little more than cute or pretty, however i prefer pretty over sexy and hot) ... "hot" is refers to just the VERY high level attractive level ( like if i never talked to the girl). "Sexy" refers to a girl the same attractive level as "sexy" that acts confident with herself, and acts like she is great with men, and in bed. (and that is seemingly the only thing she cares about... even though they are actually never good as what they represent)

Beautiful is when a girl is at that same attractive level (or maybe even less) but she acts or seems so elegant, classy, smart, and head strong. That i just want to be around her, and i feel would be an amazing person....

i would like to disclaim that i'm no the usual average guy... but to me this is what i feel, believe and go by

blg3floor3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Big3: For what it's worth, I consider cute a compliment...I didn't always, but it's usually one of the first things people say to me when complimenting me.

Well, based on the definitions here, and assuming they hold for females saying it to males, now I know what those girls meant when they said that I was cute when they saw a picture. :rolleyes: Although suddenly not talking to me anymore after that was also kind of a hint toward their true opinions. :tongue:

Kevbo

Sexy Member
Media
It isn't.

Kevbo broke it down, though. I personally agree with just about everything he said there.

Appreciate that...

I also want to add that "quirky" is, from me, often a high compliment, since it means that the woman isn't playing by the usual female roles and has some unpredictability (without crossing over into "crazy", which is usually not good).

Best,
Kevbo

SR_Blarney_Frank

Experimental Member
Media
What does it mean to you when a guy calls you:

• cute
  • pretty
  • sexy
  • hot
  • gorgeous
  • sweet
  • beautiful
A side question, what do you prefer?

Not sure if the Q was for women or men. You can tell me what you think it means and I'll you what I meant it to mean:

Cute means I'll treat you like my sister

Pretty means you're high maintenance

Sexy means I like you from the neck down

Hot means roughly the same as sexy, though with less attitude

Gorgeous means you've got the whole package - face, body, style

Sweet - you're nice and i can't find anything else to say about you

Beautiful - a lesser form of gorgeous

stamrod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm with Kevbo on this one. There are certain categories and levels with each of those words.

I'd say:
Pretty --> Beautiful --> Gorgeous are different degrees of how good looking somebody is. Body proportion, symmetry, and lots of other things go into this category, and it doesn't necessarily mean a guy has the hots for you.

Cute/Sweet are more personality driven. If it is looks, the girl might have a slight flaw that makes her more attractive.

Sexy/Hot basically speaks to whether a guy is willing to have sex with you.

I posted a very similar thread to this a long time ago with some more detail: http://www.lpsg.org/59449-beautiful-vs-cute-vs-sexy.html .

curiousimagining

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmmm.. I agree with the above post about cute/sweet being more personality driven. I've been called most of those things at different times and when I'm in different moods. I've always been playful but I've always been the "good girl" too. :rolleyes: But I'm very open to discussing things that a lot would be too embarrassed to, I'm pretty strait forward. So I see nothing embarrassing about discussing the body or issues related.

What I've always wondered and could never get an understanding (or answer) about is why several have called me "Trouble" LOL What the heck does that mean? From my late teens to now that I'm in my 30's and married!

B_hotmale19

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
cute nice looking, younger looks (jessica alba)
pretty nice looking but nice looking in a conservative way
sexy good body with a good face, sort of thing u want to have sex with
hot see above, but more about face then body
gorgeous great face, body is good, but nothing worth commenting on
sweet Nice personality
beautiful 50% personality 50% good looking

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
  • cute When a woman is cute, she acted or wore something feminine or girly.
  • pretty When a woman is pretty, she isn't supermodel gorgeous but is naturally attractive in a normal way.
  • sexy When a woman does something really erotic that is a turn-on.
  • hot A state of being/ having too much sexiness.
  • gorgeous Being hot but with style and grace.
  • sweet What a woman does when she is being cute.
  • beautiful "Everyone is beautiful..."--Christina Aguilera.

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm with Kevbo on this one. There are certain categories and levels with each of those words.

I'd say:
Pretty --> Beautiful --> Gorgeous are different degrees of how good looking somebody is. Body proportion, symmetry, and lots of other things go into this category, and it doesn't necessarily mean a guy has the hots for you.

Cute/Sweet are more personality driven. If it is looks, the girl might have a slight flaw that makes her more attractive.

Sexy/Hot basically speaks to whether a guy is willing to have sex with you.

This is pretty much what i think too. I tend to use cute quite a lot though, to describe a particular set of attributes that i find attractive (short, more rounded or soft features). I also use gorgeous to describe more than just looks. But apart from that the above pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as i understand them.

WhiteBoy86

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The way I use these words with my girlfriend.

cute- what she is while singing and dancing in the car.
pretty - the way she looks after getting ready to go out.
sexy- when shes wearing clothes that show her good looking parts.
hot - pretty and sexy put together.
gorgeous-almost the same as beautiful but with a small amount of effort.
sweet- when she does or says something nice or kind.
beautiful- the way she looks when she isnt trying to look good. her natural self.

GR7

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All I can say is, that with out woman life is so boring!