So i'm not a Labour supporter after all.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_mitchymo, Oct 6, 2009.

1. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

After being directed courtesy of Flashy to some sites which seek to determine a range of political positions (i am a maoist type of communist for example) not that i consider myself ANY kind of communist, i found a question that would answer which political party best reflects my opinions.

Well for the last ten years i thought i was a Labour kind of guy but in actual fact i am a Liberal Democrat.

According to the results my first choice should be Lib Dem followed by Labour and then the Green Party. No surprise at all that Conservatives were not recommended for me AT ALL.

So i urge anyone who is disillusioned with Labour to take a test and be sure that they use their vote wisely....even at the risk of losing to an opposition, it is the only way for real change.

2. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge

Honestly, that's no courtesy.

3. Drifterwood

Gold Member

The labour party are not impressing me at all at the moment Mitch. I don't like the divide and rule stance of someone else will pay. The third way is washed up and Gordon and Darling are reduced to peddling the old line that the rich will pay for you.

I have voted Green, Liberal and Monster Raving Loony in the past.

4. Jason

Gold Member

Labour have lost the plot.

They are in denial about the size of the debt. The pound is on the slide again. Third quarter results show we are still in recession. We risk the international community deciding we're a financial basket case. And last week Labour said almost nothing about this -just the belief that they've somehow stopped a recession hurting and the rich will pay. I haven't liked the Conservatives' ideas this week, but there is a certain honesty in saying up front that they will do some unpopular things.

Labour have also lost it on Europe. It doesn't matter what your views are on Europe - they promised a referendum and they have broken their promise. We're in an absurd position where a very important decision for the future of Britain i being made not by the people of Britain but by some legal processin the Czech Republic.

Labour have presided over an end to free university education, massive increases in wealth differences between rich and poor and a degree of control freakery in their policies. They have to go. Monster Raving Loony would at least be a change.

Draft saved Draft deleted