So I'm seeing a Sex Therapist

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
..... and my conclusion is..... she's really hot. LMAO:biggrin1::biggrin1:

But really, she is kinda cute. She's like 6 feet tall though. Just a distinction, not a problem. :cool:

But that's not the point. I am now seeing a sex therapist. When it comes to sex, relationships, and intimacy, I believe I don't operate the appropriate way.

I feel like I'm too horny all the time. I feel like I want sex all the time. I feel like I want new and different kinds of sex all the time with different women all the time. I feel like my sexuality has been manipulated, misinformed, and left confused........ And I when I can't satisfy those feelings, I get depressed....

..... so I'm getting help. Has anybody else seen a professional?

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My first wife wanted me to see a therapist for what she thought was a sex addiction problem I had. Turned out she was just a frigid lazy bitch.

But enough about her, back to the therapist. I couldn't find a therapist who specialized in sex addiction, so I just went to one who seemed competent. We just talked about all sorts of issues; childhood, abandonment, insecurities, etc. It became tedious after about three or four sessions and stopped going.

Fast forward to today, ten years later, to wife #3 (aka MrsR). Having the best sex of my life, and getting better by the day. Maybe a qualified therapist could've helped back then and saved my marriage, but in a way I'm really happy she failed miserably.

Good luck with your therapist and I really hope you find what you're looking for. Keep an open mind and don't feel pressured into fitting in to a mold that society deems "normal".

By the way, check out this thread, it may help:

http://www.lpsg.org/168383-im-possibly-the-horniest-woman.html

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well I'm happy that things ultimately worked out for you.

I've been to 3 session already. But only 2 with her. I'm seeing her again this friday.

I really like it. I kinda feel like shit reopening old wounds and past pains, but afterwards I feel really good..... and really horny to be honest.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm glad that it's working for you, galaxus. Therapy can leave you feeling shitty in the short run, but in the long run it tends to make things much better. After all, there's nothing wrong with feeling really horny, as long as you're working it out in a healthy way. It sounds as though the world has influenced your ideas about sexual relationships in a bit of an unhealthy way? If so, that's exactly the sort of issue that sex therapy is designed to help with.

Good luck! I hope it works out well for you.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
From you past posts here, I think you will benefit very much from therapy, but don't be surprised if it isn't going right to the sex directly. No human being is that simple.

And yes, it's very normal to be attracted to the therapist, even when it isn't sex therapy. A therapist with ethics will not abuse that, btw; it's unethical and they could be sued. You have to learn how to work around the 'attachment' and listen with logic as well as sentiment, not just gonads.

I had one therapist who would spread his legs extra wide and smirk when he saw me peeking, his way of poking fun and getting me back on topic...

Best wishes, g.

necromechwiz

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was lurking here, just wanted to give a viewpoint from the other side of the couch, because I work as a therapist.

It's not uncommon to be attracted to a therapist, just as it's not uncommon for therapists to be attracted to a client. The nature of the therapeutic relationship means that two people are spending fairly intense 1-on-1 time together, not to mention any natural (i.e., physical) attraction. We're all human, after all.

P.S. - It's a pretty major breach of ethics for anything sexual to happen, and the minimum guideline is for at least a couple of years after completion of therapy, if ever.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I'm happy that things ultimately worked out for you.

I've been to 3 session already. But only 2 with her. I'm seeing her again this friday.

I really like it. I kinda feel like shit reopening old wounds and past pains, but afterwards I feel really good..... and really horny to be honest.

Sounds like this is what you need at this moment of your life then. Keep us posted, I'd love to hear how things end up.

B_Nia88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
..... and my conclusion is..... she's really hot. LMAO:biggrin1::biggrin1:

But really, she is kinda cute. She's like 6 feet tall though. Just a distinction, not a problem. :cool:

But that's not the point. I am now seeing a sex therapist. When it comes to sex, relationships, and intimacy, I believe I don't operate the appropriate way.

I feel like I'm too horny all the time. I feel like I want sex all the time. I feel like I want new and different kinds of sex all the time with different women all the time. I feel like my sexuality has been manipulated, misinformed, and left confused........ And I when I can't satisfy those feelings, I get depressed....

..... so I'm getting help. Has anybody else seen a professional?

i have diagnosed you as every man that has ever lived.