So, I'm strongly considering paying for sex

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hey DLow!

Anyway, been away for a few weeks and just returned to read this post of yours. First off, from what I read in your answers to other posters in this thread, you definitely have the qualities I think most women would love to have long term. So that part of you is definitely not the problem. Your exterior looks that people can see, also are quite good so no problem there either. Sometimes, especially if in a drought, any woman you may have dated in the past may have seen you as "too needy" kind of thing. Please don't take that as sarcastic. Not meant to be. You want a relationship fairly quickly and everything that goes with it. Admirable quality actually. Advice here would be to slow that down a bit, stop being the horse that "jumps the gate".

Reading between your lines and your lines also, you want a woman of quality that you also find attractive. Not an unreasonable want for sure.

Should you pay for sex? Your choice. I won't add to the arguments above or suggestions above, your old enough obviously to make your own choices in that arena.

Last but not least you said somewhere...

"Well, here is probably the number #1 reason I'm entertaining this: with all the effort over the past several years put into pursuing women with no results, and perusing dating sites at substantial cost for no result...what am I to do really? Keep on waiting? "

Not always, but as my Mom said, good things come to those that wait. Be patient.

Another suggestion that I'll throw out there. I'm assuming you have friends (or acquaintances) that you generally "hang around with" or go out with etc. Part of your problem may be that you have no interest, or the women within "that circle" have no interest. OK so now what? That's the problem you have now.

What makes your problem tough is you seem to not want to randomly bang some chick "for the record, this is cool btw", yet within your circle your options have run out.

Expand your circle.

In any event, good luck!

D_Edwin Eatser

Sexy Member
Media
Prostitutes are no different from people in general. Some do it to feed a drug habit, some because they're made to by a pimp, others do it to pay their way through university, many do it because they really love sex. Some will be bored by it, others will try to rip you off, some will give you a wonderful time. Others even charge extra for not using a condom.

Try to avoid streetwalkers, addicts or trafficked women, always wear a condom, but otherwise give it a try. I've been fucking working girls most of my long life, like you when I haven't got a steady woman, or when I fancied some exotic sex such as having a latino or asian girl, or having a threesome with two tarts. It's really great - you pay, you fuck, you go - no emotional connection, its there whenever you want it, you can choose the sort of girl you most like, short, tall, white, black, whatever, and they'll do what you pay them for - anal, kissing, BDSM, whatever. It's not called the oldest profession in the world for nothing, men will always want to pay for sex and women will always want to sell it.

Just remember they're people not meat and treat them well, most will appreciate it and give you a better time.

Alyssa

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Prostitutes are no different from people in general. Some do it to feed a drug habit, some because they're made to by a pimp, others do it to pay their way through university, many do it because they really love sex. Some will be bored by it, others will try to rip you off, some will give you a wonderful time. Others even charge extra for not using a condom.

Try to avoid streetwalkers, addicts or trafficked women, always wear a condom, but otherwise give it a try. I've been fucking working girls most of my long life, like you when I haven't got a steady woman, or when I fancied some exotic sex such as having a latino or asian girl, or having a threesome with two tarts. It's really great - you pay, you fuck, you go - no emotional connection, its there whenever you want it, you can choose the sort of girl you most like, short, tall, white, black, whatever, and they'll do what you pay them for - anal, kissing, BDSM, whatever. It's not called the oldest profession in the world for nothing, men will always want to pay for sex and women will always want to sell it.

Just remember they're people not meat and treat them well, most will appreciate it and give you a better time.

Very well articulated.

Alyssa

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Which test do you get to test for Herpes?

I have no clue. I wasn't aware that there were different tests. They take blood, do an exam and whatnot and provide me with the results. If I had an outbreak, then they could do tissue scrapings, but I've not been infected to the best of my knowledge, and haven't had any outbreaks/symptoms.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no clue. I wasn't aware that there were different tests. They take blood, do an exam and whatnot and provide me with the results. If I had an outbreak, then they could do tissue scrapings, but I've not been infected to the best of my knowledge, and haven't had any outbreaks/symptoms.
Many people carry it but don't have noticeable symptoms, but they can still pass it on without an outbreak. Doctors don't give the blood test unless the patient requests it or they have symptoms. The standard test for "everything" doesn't include a herpes blood test. That is partly why 1/4 of women have genital herpes in the USA.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Feminism is surely completely absent from this site... it seems that all of the women posting in this thread are pro-prostitution. Bloody hell... where are all of the normal women?

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Feminism is surely completely absent from this site... it seems that all of the women posting in this thread are pro-prostitution. Bloody hell... where are all of the normal women?

feminism seems to be split 50 - 50 on the question of prostitution, but most believe it is a power inbalance in its current state.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This drought between ages 18-24 that I've got going is starting to push me in that direction. So now the question is: where to go and for how much.

I agree, you are good looking why pay for it unless you don't want some sort of friendship or relationship BS that can go along with having a significant other.

Alyssa

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Many people carry it but don't have noticeable symptoms, but they can still pass it on without an outbreak. Doctors don't give the blood test unless the patient requests it or they have symptoms. The standard test for "everything" doesn't include a herpes blood test. That is partly why 1/4 of women have genital herpes in the USA.

I benefit from the fact that we have a place here in SF that caters specifically to sex workers, so they tend to be a little more proactive when it comes to STD testing and whatnot.

Alyssa

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

What the fuck is that supposed to mean? :rolleyes:

Just about every survey done has shown that anywhere from 65 to 75% of people believe prostitution ought to be legalized. I'd say the "normal" women are here.

And as New End suggested, feminists tend to be evenly divided about prostitution (in its voluntary forms). That's a subject of a whole other conversation, though.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
feminism seems to be split 50 - 50 on the question of prostitution, but most believe it is a power inbalance in its current state.

You are completely full of shit.

Just about every survey done has shown that anywhere from 65 to 75% of people believe prostitution ought to be legalized. I'd say the "normal" women are here.

And as New End suggested, feminists tend to be evenly divided about prostitution (in its voluntary forms). That's a subject of a whole other conversation, though.

You are fucking crazy! Not one woman I know wants prostitution to be legalized... you have got to be kidding me! LMFAO!!!!!

Where are you doing those polls... prison?

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually there are quite a few who want it to be legalized, though granted on the radical side of feminism.

An article by Carol Leigh on the subject:

The Strange Relationship Between Feminism and Sex Work | Sex and Relationships | AlterNet

It's an interesting article.

Many feminists are for legalization so that the sex industry more resembles a healthy environment for women. They are for prostitution so that it can be regulated and controlled (which benefits the sex worker). I have discussed before how legalization can seriously reduce the incidence of STDs and also GREATLY reduce the risk of violence that can befall prostitutes.

Those feminists that are for complete legalization are however a fringe element in feminism... calling them radical is a bit charitable.

Most feminists who do support prostitution in one way or another want to decriminalize the women, but want to throw the book at the men who pay for those services rendered. They are mostly concerned with prostitution that involves "human trafficking" and many that believe in some type of legalization, support the "Swedish" model.

And man... those abs of yours are just downright INCREDIBLE, I just had to tell you that... how can we get more women to see you without your shirt?

Those abs are mos def a deal maker!! :smile:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I am a sex positive, pro sex worker, feminist, and among the groups I've joined the numbers have ranged from majority against, to 50/50 and higher approval rates for legalized prostitution. But their is no monolithic feminist ideology, you just have to find your niche. :smile:

Actually there are quite a few who want it to be legalized, though granted on the radical side of feminism.

An article by Carol Leigh on the subject:

The Strange Relationship Between Feminism and Sex Work | Sex and Relationships | AlterNet
This is true, but not all radicals.
I have been a feminist since childhood, and I make it my policy to support women, and really anyone, in whatever personal, victimless choices they make--that simple. :smile:

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I see that after 8 pages - even the OP managed to get off topic!

The question was not really an intention to get the membership to discuss the morality of prostitution.
It was more of a "I need to get laid - what do you think of this?" kind of inquiry.

OK. Focus focus focus.
Anybody able to help d-low 1 in the quest for sex?

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
I see that after 8 pages - even the OP managed to get off topic!

The question was not really an intention to get the membership to discuss the morality of prostitution.
It was more of a "I need to get laid - what do you think of this?" kind of inquiry.

OK. Focus focus focus.
Anybody able to help d-low 1 in the quest for sex?

Hahahaha, yeah, there's about 3 different tangents going in this thread in addition to my original inquiry, but I felt I needed to drop that article in there to toss a scrap to the crowd. :biggrin1:

I would like to see the thread go back more to why I haven't been and how I can get to be getting laid but I'll keep on rolling along regardless. :cool:

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You are completely full of shit.

You are fucking crazy! Not one woman I know wants prostitution to be legalized... you have got to be kidding me! LMFAO!!!!!

Where are you doing those polls... prison?

Tripod I'm very surprised to hear this kind of attitude from you!:eek:
I am totally for the complete legalization of prostitution.
Don't penalise the woman for working,don't penalise the men for seeking sex and do away with the police,we don't need them judging who
should be liable for prosecution for having sex,smoking pot etc....when they are doing these same acts themselves.
I hope you'll have great sex d-low 1!
cigarbabe:saevil:

amygdala

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would like to see the thread go back more to why I haven't been and how I can get to be getting laid but I'll keep on rolling along regardless. :cool:

d-low1: Would you mind my asking you to expand upon the details of your self-described "dry spell?" What attempts have you made? Are you an online seeker? Bars/clubs? Are you afraid of talking to girls? Are they just not receptive to you when you do start talking to them? I really want to help deconstruct this for you because I truly believe that there's a piece of the puzzle that's missing which would explain why you're not getting laid the way you should be!