So it has a number- California to vote in November to legalize weed

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's practically legal here already.

Werd. It's supposed to only be for medical conditions, but it's so vague as to be de facto legal. I have a lot of friends who have a prescription for weed for stuff like "anxiety" and "general headache". Marijuana dispensaries have popped up all over the place. I have several within walking distance of my apartment.

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Blaze one up for me when it passes. Legally, of course :tongue:

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
Werd. It's supposed to only be for medical conditions, but it's so vague as to be de facto legal. I have a lot of friends who have a prescription for weed for stuff like "anxiety" and "general headache". Marijuana dispensaries have popped up all over the place. I have several within walking distance of my apartment.

That's exactly what I'm saying. The standards are already so lax, anyone qualifies for a "prescription." Passing this Prop. will only slightly change current practices. I have many "Cannabis Clubs" close by.

Big Irish

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I find it interesting that this only happens when the same govt that villified us for years, now wants to legalize it and tax it, as opposed to getting their spending under control. Pers. I would stick to the underground and fuck the state!

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Legalize and tax it, IMO. I don't smoke weed and I'm not really pro-weed (or smoking in general), but I am pretty libertarian. And I don't mind making bank off all the Americans that would flock to Cali to legally smoke out.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find it interesting that this only happens when the same govt that villified us for years, now wants to legalize it and tax it, as opposed to getting their spending under control. Pers. I would stick to the underground and fuck the state!

Well, this wasn't proposed by any lawmakers. This came from a citizen petition.

Also, the revenue from a cannabis tax would help to alleviate the state's crushing debt.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What I think it has the potential to do is kick the profit motive right out from under marijuana and, in my opinion, that would be a good thing both for the U.S. and Mexico.
Dave

Violence will increase significantly after it passes...

You take the same number of gangs, and SIGNIFICANTLY lessen the size of the turf for which to fight over (only coke and meth).... good night. The border towns, both North and South, will be a further bloodbath.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, this wasn't proposed by any lawmakers. This came from a citizen petition.

Also, the revenue from a cannabis tax would help to alleviate the state's crushing debt.

Problem is... this state doesn't not have a budget crisis, it has a SPENDING crisis. Just like they've blown any/every new revenue stream (e.g. lottery a la 1987), they'll bake this into f'd up social and public employee union coffers.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Simple laws of prohibition apply here.
Marijuana is the most commonly sold recreational drug surpassing others by a big margin. Legalizing it will bring in lots of revenue and also will cut down on crime, considering that pot possession is one of the top five causes for arrest in this country.

Legalize it. And this this coming from someone who doesn't even smoke. :wink:

Top 10 Most Popular Recreational Drugs - Top 10 Lists | Listverse

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
Simple laws of prohibition apply here.
Marijuana is the most commonly sold recreational drug surpassing others by a big margin. Legalizing it will bring in lots of revenue and also will cut down on crime, considering that pot possession is one of the top five causes for arrest in this country.

Legalize it. And this this coming from someone who doesn't even smoke. :wink:

Top 10 Most Popular Recreational*Drugs - Top 10 Lists | Listverse

for once something we agree on.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LEGALIZE IT!!!! My hometown which used to be a pleasant little town has become a haven for thugs and hippies. Furthermore when we had all of those wildfires in the national forests the firemen were met with AK47s and told to GO BACK or get shot. I hope to god they legalize it.