So, it's common for people to misjudge sizes...

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
even on this site
We can seperate a real 8 1/2" inches from one who CLAIMS his like 7 1/4" is 8 1/2". People very often (no offense, but mainly girls, but not so much the ones on this site!) overestimate (maybe underestimate at times) size, which is when you ask a "what size is ideal" question many times you'll get something like this as an answer: "Well...anything below 6 is too small, 6-10 is probably best but 12 is just way too much!!!". I've seriously seen that same exact answer, or something very, very close to it, all over the place on the web (and heard similar answers like this by girls in person). I've also heard these answers "He was seriously like an inch long" or "He had to be like 3 inches long...4 is really pushing it". These guys were probably below average but not to that extreme to say he was an INCH long erect.
I think what happens is that many people ACTUALLY believe that common size ranges from 1-12 inches and use this as a rating chart based on how big it was to them, relatively speaking. If some guy was 5" and having sex with a tiny girl, she would probably view and register his size as '"average".
If she had to put a number to it, she would probably say like "like 6 inches maybe, no more than 7". Now lets say she now starts having sex with a guy who's 7 1/2". This is undeniably big by anyones standards, but to her it'll obviously seem huge due to her past experiences. She would probably say this guy is "really big, as big as I can take, he has to be like 9 inches!!" and follow it up with saying 9 is the most she can take but "10-12 is too much!" Which in reality would be like something 8 inches and up. Basically, it's all relative and it's rated between 1-12.

This type of thing seems very common. Probably makes you wonder what has been said about you.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Initial size judgement is based on extras. Body size, height of the man, penis girth, hair, testacle size as background.

A 7 incher on a thin 5'6" man looks far bigger than on a fat man of that height although they can be the same exact size. Similarly the 7 incher on a man of 6'5" looks small next to a man who is 5'2". A bunch of curling pubic hair surrounding the 7 inches makes it appear shorter than one set on a freshly mowed field. 7 inches when 5 inches around can appear longer than a 7 incher which is 7 inches around. And then there's the thigh--a penis beside a rail thin thigh looks massively thick, laying along a muscular thigh it looks thinner.

Always take a hand test before proceeding to step 2--hand measuring is better than eye estimations.

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Initial size judgement is based on extras. Body size, height of the man, penis girth, hair, testacle size as background.

A 7 incher on a thin 5'6" man looks far bigger than on a fat man of that height although they can be the same exact size. Similarly the 7 incher on a man of 6'5" looks small next to a man who is 5'2". A bunch of curling pubic hair surrounding the 7 inches makes it appear shorter than one set on a freshly mowed field. 7 inches when 5 inches around can appear longer than a 7 incher which is 7 inches around. And then there's the thigh--a penis beside a rail thin thigh looks massively thick, laying along a muscular thigh it looks thinner.

Always take a hand test before proceeding to step 2--hand measuring is better than eye estimations.
I agree with a lot of this but I think most of it is just in pictures...I'd think that in person it'd be different

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Now does the average person going to Lowes or Home Depot know the width of a 2X4, 2X6 or even a 2X8.

It all depends on what we have been conditioned to. Our past experience can cause us to have defective ideas about size.

When viewing galleries on the Internet, we also must remember that Camera Angle is critical.

Rick P. Silent

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This type of thing seems very common. Probably makes you wonder what has been said about you.

Uh, oh...I sure hope it isn't "pencil dick"
DickTracy-33pc.jpg
http://www.abstractconcreteworks.com/essays/scanning/DickTracy-33pc.jpg

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i don't really put much credence in photographic evidence here unless it's very specifically comparing a penis to a ruler or everyday object and they are lined up right next to each other and in the same plavne of view. why? because i know how much photos can lie and/or trick your eyes about size and proportion. wide angle lenses are one of the most common offenders but by far not the only one. photos take the 3D and make it 2D, and the translation is never that accurate.

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i don't really put much credence in photographic evidence here unless it's very specifically comparing a penis to a ruler or everyday object and they are lined up right next to each other and in the same plavne of view. why? because i know how much photos can lie and/or trick your eyes about size and proportion. wide angle lenses are one of the most common offenders but by far not the only one. photos take the 3D and make it 2D, and the translation is never that accurate.

Snoozan raises a good point. I've had my entire house built to a dwarf-sized 3/4 scale for the sole purpose of making my schlong look relatively larger. I hit my head on the door frames a lot, but my cock looks awesome. :wink:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Snoozan raises a good point. I've had my entire house built to a dwarf-sized 3/4 scale for the sole purpose of making my schlong look relatively larger. I hit my head on the door frames a lot, but my cock looks awesome. :wink:

Especially in that clown car parked in the driveway. :biggrin1:

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

You know the ancient Mayans had a ritual, now lost, where they would shrink every part of their body except their genitals so they would look bigger. It went out of fashion when arbitrary units of measure became widely used.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with a lot of this but I think most of it is just in pictures...I'd think that in person it'd be different
Trust me on this one--in person it is also often difficult to correctly gauge the size (may have something to do with that dizzy feeling I get when the other man is nekkid which leads to blurred vision).

Tongue tests also work for this. :rolleyes:
Yes; but, it seems so uncouth to just drop to my knee and start slurping on him before shaking his happy stick. I always try to maintain a gentlemanly demeanor--surely you've learned that much about me Doc.

You know the ancient Mayans had a ritual, now lost, where they would shrink every part of their body except their genitals so they would look bigger. It went out of fashion when arbitrary units of measure became widely used.
I think this is a ritual which should be brought back into fashion posthaste! (and thank you for helping explain another reason I always found textbook drawings of Mayans to be so darned sexy.)