So, Its THAT deep, Huh?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Lex, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Heaven forbid we have a fashion show repping a really good company because they send funds to help empower women (on many different fronts).

We can only hope that this kind of close-minded neanderthalism will go the way of the dinosaurs.

Catholic School Cancels 'American Girl' Fashion Show

2. Shelby

Gold Member

I hate it when fundie groups get all worked up about inconsequential bullshit.

On the other hand Girls Inc. looks like feminazi boot camp to me.

3. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    "a pro-abortion, pro-lesbian advocacy group"?

uh, how is that supposed to be a BAD thing, precisely...? :eyes:

4. Shelby

Gold Member

I didn 't say BAD about your notations.

In fact I'm all about lesbians - as long as they're hot! And abortion has saved my ass more than once.

I just have trouble with stupid ho's teaching innocent young girls shit like this -

Forty two percent of boys said that girls experience stereotypes that limit their right to prepare for interesting work and economic independence. More than twice as many boys as girls like it that way (22 percent vs. 9 percent).9

the above lifted from their site - lol, the link is dead

Think logically and carefully about their proposition. Is it not propaganda?

Seriously, 100 - 42 = 58. And of the 42% who said it was a good thing, probably a shitload - boys will be boys
    ;) - were fucking with the questionairre.

5. jonb

Gold Member

Fundies don't believe in neanderthals. Or dinosaurs. It's all a hoax by God to test your faith. (Which god? I could see Loki doing that. Or Ĩktomi.)

6. GoneA

Gold Member

This is an excellent demonstration of the ignorance and overexertion of extremist. Why cancel the show? So what if it advocates abortion – it’s not promoting unsafe sexual intercourse (or any form of sexual intercourse, for that matter). The director of communications for Girls Inc., Alexander Kopelman, said that abortion issues are not directly inputted into their program. Secondly, what does it matter that the company supports lesbianism? Not allowing the girls to participate in the fashion show; will not change who they are as people. Are they (the school) afraid this doll company is going to wave a magic wand and turn all the heterosexual girls into lesbians? Hardly. It seems to me that the school, St. Luke, is creating much ado about nothing.

7. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Well, that's not exactly the problem... the problem is that once the magic wand is waved and all the the het girls turn lesbo, then suddenly they will all be getting abortions twice a week. Imagine the nerve and the blasphemy - those evil lesbos getting abortions. Just whorable... I mean horrible. Let's boycott Disney, they must have something to do with it. And let's execute all the florists. Don't they make men turn funny?

8. Matthew

Gold Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Nov 2 2005, 03&#58;16 AM) [post=357595]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    the problem is that once the magic wand is waved and all the the het girls turn lesbo, then suddenly they will all be getting abortions twice a week. Imagine the nerve and the blasphemy - those evil lesbos getting abortions. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly. And we all know how many more abortions women get once they turn lesbian&#33; Those fundies are sharp as tacks&#33; [​IMG]

9. GoneA

Gold Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Nov 2 2005, 11&#58;16 AM) [post=357595]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Well, that&#39;s not exactly the problem... the problem is that once the magic wand is waved and all the the het girls turn lesbo, then suddenly they will all be getting abortions twice a week. Imagine the nerve and the blasphemy - those evil lesbos getting abortions. Just whorable... I mean horrible. Let&#39;s boycott Disney, they must have something to do with it. And let&#39;s execute all the florists. Don&#39;t they make men turn funny?
    [/b][/quote]

lolololol.

Draft saved Draft deleted