So long ... for a little while

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'll be away for a few weeks. Dirk and I are about to take our much anticipated sojourn to Europe. We're going to visit Spain, the French Midi, Monaco and Italy. I don't anticipate having a lot of free time to check the board, but rest assured I'm not gone forever. Be good 'til I get back! Ciao! 8)

awellhungboi: Have a safe and enjoyable trip--and please tell us all about it when you get back!

Bon voyage!

Zot57

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Have a nice trip ... there are internet cafe's all over
europe though. Perhaps you might end up dropping
by from time to time after all.

Just make sure you are really logged out before you
walk away ... :)

-- Erik

jackinman: Have a wonderful trip DMW. See you when you get back.

Panthera_3000: ::) Lies, lies, lies again... ::) Spain, French Midi, Monaco, Italy... balooney... I don't believe this crap. Like I didn't believe the avatar part. Anyway, that best part is that if you're off the board, and, geez, what a pleasure !

:-* I'm back. I have some interesting stuff to say in my next message. You'll be surprised, Whopperino, you'll be surprised !!

H8Monga: Bon voyage Dr. Whopper. We'll keep the light on for you. :)

Dantesco: [quote author=Panthera_3000 link=board=99;num=1061511050;start=0#5 date=08/21/03 at 22:26:34] ::) Lies, lies, lies again...  ::) Spain, French Midi, Monaco, Italy... balooney... I don't believe this crap.[/quote]

And I had thought it got bored and slunk away. :mad:

On behalf of those of us who actually saw Whopper board the plane bound for Sevilla, Spain,
allow me to say...

<plonk>

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
It just seems ironic that everyone's so quick to tell Panthera to shut up when the logical response is to simply ignore him and move on. Practice what you preach, right?

In the meantime, wherever he is, DMW's a big enough boy; he can take care of himself. You don't have to keep rushing to his aid all the time.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Actually, Dee, "plonk" indicates to someone that the author has just put the previous author on his killlfile, meaning that you won't read their posts anymore. The term began on usenet; most newsreaders and mailers have a "killfile" option that tells your system to ignore authors (based on email or alias) or posts with keywords in the subject line.

It's a good way to clear out the bullshit.

Some posters have also come up with special plonks; here's a list, by no means exhaustive, of ways to plonk:

http://plonk.endemic.org

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Aye, Jacy, we hardly knew ye.

Hope you have the time of your lives and bring back a lot of pics!

Pecker

(Walk Out Backwards Slowly So I'll Think You're Walking In)

KidBroTrouble: [quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=99;num=1061511050;start=0#8 date=08/22/03 at 13:16:08] DMW's a big enough boy; he can take care of himself.  You don't have to keep rushing to his aid all the time.[/quote]

I read no attempt to aid. If I interpreted Dante's post right, I understood it to mean: "I had hoped Panthera left ... He doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about concerning Jacinto's plans ... plonk". No allusion to "aiding" Jacinto.

What I find interesting is that here was another post from this creep who admits that his entire raison d'etre here is to attack my big bro. He continues his "stalker" posts despite requests to knock it off. Yet Dee acts as if Dante is the one in the wrong. Hardly surprising, I guess, considering the ugly nasties that Dee has aimed at Jacinto, but still unfair.

I add my -plonk-.

sammygirly: ~rushes in at Dee's aid, swinging my sword and sporting my pirate patch, mumbling "yargh" at every opportunity~

Ok, I just like the pirate disguise.

Seriously, your big bro is no better for slinging mud at Dee. It's a rivalry - and one is not more wrong than the other. One does not start more arguments than the other - and Dee, as many can attribute, offers MUCH more to the board than merely "attacks" on DMW.

Figured it was time for some of Dee's silent support to speak up, albeit he doesn't need help...just figured since DMW's guard jumped in...even things out LoL.

wvalady1968: It's a damn shame that the jerk has perfected divide and conquer.

???

7x6andchg: I'm with you WValady.

As noted above, the best defense is ignoring it. So...(holds open door to another topic to everyone)...
shall we?

Oh - Bon Voyage, DMW.

7x6&C

wvalady1968: [steps through the open door] Thank you. That's a good idea.

awellhungboi: Well, as Cletus the slack-jawed yokel might say, 'let's stop our feudin' and a-fussin' and get down to some lovin'!'

On-topic, I'd like to say that Whopper's itinerary sounds ideal! Spain and Sevilla are tops on my list of places I'd really like to go.

7x6andchg: I'd like to go anyplace that isn't connected to Wisconsin!
:D
Money is sometimes a BIG object.

7x6&C

Max

Sexy Member
Media
I hope DMW makes Seville. I have just come back from 2 weeks in the mountains within 60 or 70 miles of there, but at temperatures of 45C or so we hadn't got the energy for tramping round big cities (though we did make Granada). Just for the pool and siestas :) It should be a bit cooler now.

Javierdude22: Yeah, the heat is unbearable down there man. Makes you all droopy and with little energy to do much walking. At that when there's so much to see there.

The heat in Western Europe has actually killed thousands of people dírectly and indirectly they reported. Especially France has been hit hard. But like you said, it's a bit cooler now (a mere 35 degrees :p)