So long ... for a little while

KidBroTrouble: Jacinto called from the hotel in Seville to let us know that he made it there safe and sound. The temperature there was 37°C (98°F). Keep in mind that he lives in New Orleans. Temperatures around 100°F are typical during summers in Louisiana. He was glad to get away from our humidity!

KidBroTrouble: [quote author=sammygirly link=board=99;num=1061511050;start=0#12 date=08/22/03 at 18:05:02]
Seriously, your big bro is no better for slinging mud at Dee.  It's a rivalry - and one is not more wrong than the other.  One does not start more arguments than the other - and Dee, as many can attribute, offers MUCH more to the board than merely "attacks" on DMW.
[/quote]

I did not mean to imply that Dee has not made worthwhile contributions to the board, nor am I ignorant of the fact that Jacinto incites as much on-board drama as Dee. My real beef is with this Panthera jerk. He does NOT offer anything to the board other than attacks on Jacinto. Sure, Dee can ignore him; he is not attacking Dee on the board or in IMs. As Whopper is my brother as well as my closest confidant, it hits closer to home for me. The taunts, accusations and threats aimed at my bro don't sit well with me. I'm not tolerant of stalkers.

Panthera_3000: Aaaaaaaaaa :eek: !!!! His little bro is here :eek: :eek: !!! KidBroTrouble [his head is a bubble] ! Aaaaa !!! Whopperino's family is invading us !!! I'm drowning in a sea of whoppers !!! :(

Nice to meet you ! [P. pukes]
May I have a suggestion for you : visit this page

http://amishrakefight.org/gfy/

Don't feel offended, you just called me "jerk". :'( And I am such a lovely person :-*
Then... well... tomorrow I'll be gone... but not before exposing some - ouch ! - painful truth about the LPSG diva, DMW.

PS - Oooohhh ! I was about to forgot. Dantesco, baby, I went though your messages. Damn, you're sooo ridiculous. :eek: You do nothing else but to praise and praise and praise your "friend". (Are you in love with him, stud ;) ?)
Would you stop that before people thinking you're just another nick Whopperino's using around here ? You either prove your real self, or just shut up ! Post something useful - for the moment, in what I am concerned, you discredit more and more the "donde cresce la palma" boy ! :-*

throb919: Pickin' up on sammygirly's theme (and she handles her sword better than some of the guy members): it's either the plank or the plonk! (Where's that button, jonb...?)

H8Monga: [quote author=7by6etC link=board=99;num=1061511050;start=0#17 date=08/22/03 at 18:46:10]I'd like to go anyplace that isn't connected to Wisconsin!
:D
Money is sometimes a BIG object.

7x6&C[/quote]

There's always the Internet! ... or cable! ... or a book! ... or....

H8Monga: Plonk? Isn't that a game on the Price i$ Right? (Plinko... I know....) Being I'm from the AOWorld... [x] works too...

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't know how Spain is doing, but here, the Danube's level dropped by several metres. The longest and the largest European river was reduced to a mere rivulet... The best part is that such a low level revealed the ruins of a Byzantine fortress on the northern (Roumanian) shore, usually covered by water... the worst part is that the CANDU nuclear power plant of Cernavoda was closed this night, lacking enough water to cool down the uranium in fusion...

Panthera_3000: Hihi, still me, [glow=red,2,300]PANTHERA_3000 !!! [/glow] ;D

Now... I HAVE TO SAY THIS : when I attacked for the first time Whoppy using "Panthera", I received a large number of PMs !!! Many, so many, congratulated me for shaking Whoppy a little. "Thanks for putting him in his place", "Good work !". 8) Felt sooooo good ! Especially that (my joy!) there were more persons thanking me in private than defending Whoppy on the board. :D
Whoppy is not as "loved" and "appreciated" as you might think. And, sadly, so many here just don't have the guts to tell "I don't like the dude."

Now, I'll leave... my job is done.

:-* :-* :-* for everyone

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Whoa, Sam. :D Remind me never to buy you a ceremonial katana for your birthday -- impressive cutlass-wielding, by the way. (I really appreciate you stepping in there for me.)

With that in mind, guys, I've got something to say here to set the record straight. You can agree with it, accept it for what it is, or get offended and strike back at me -- your choice. Just think now's as good a time as any to clarify some things.

Sam hit it right on the head with the word "rivalry" to describe the relationship between DMW and myself. Aside from the blue moon instances in which we agree on something, we often butt heads and that spells out quite nicely in the threads. No punches-pulling. Back and forth, back and forth; perhaps the only thing in common, we hardly back down whenever we try to argue a point. (I know that's the philosophy major's tradition in my undergraduate school; it served me well.)

Sometimes it's argumentation and sometimes it gets ugly and we resort to the low blows. Sometimes it's uncalled for, and sometimes, if anything, it's damn good entertainment. I know I've chuckled a time or two at our spats.

But as I've stated several times over, I don't like the guy and I'm not afraid to admit that. With regard to that, I hope to be treated with that same level of honesty; if that's what ________ genuinely feels about me (love me or not), that's more than fine and I can accept that.

A wise lesson learned long, long ago: Not everyone in the world is going to like me for who I am. It seems much more productive to bond with the people that like me as is instead of obsessing over those who don't. The "don't" people are allowed to feel that way, and I won't hold it against them. If anything, the "don't" people fall under one massive <plonk, a <kersplortch>, if you will.

It's just not that big a deal, you see.

I feel bad for DMW since he's the target of P.'s relentless attacks; but for all of us LPSG "die-hards," this isn't the first time he's been put on the spot.

Yeah, I admit it. I know I'm a little curious as to why the heat persists there. I want to know the "dirt." But don't get me wrong. I'm more concerned with reading and posting with you guys, and I gotta admit -- that FAQ is my lil' lovechild and I want to help you guys out as much as I can there, or anywhere I can lend an ear/a keyboard/an e-mail.

That's more important to me -- writing, posting, and bonding as opposed to some popularity contest.

And with that said, I'm glad people are nice enough to comment on my posts. I appreciate each and every message and for that, I've made good contacts with people around here. Definitely thankful for you guys. But to be sure, and perhaps to tie in with some of P.'s criticisms toward DMW, I'm not fishing for compliments. I don't write to gain approval. I write for what I feel [link=http://dee-heretic.diaryland.com](blog included)[/link] and I write in hope of providing some insight or helping out in a situation; that's all, nothing more.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=Wise Guy link=board=99;num=1061511050;start=20#27 date=08/24/03 at 05:58:14]Hihi, still me, [glow=red,2,300]PANTHERA_3000 !!!  [/glow] ;D

Now... I HAVE TO SAY THIS : when I attacked for the first time Whoppy using "Panthera", I received a large number of PMs !!! Many, so many, congratulated me for shaking Whoppy a little. "Thanks for putting him in his place", "Good work !".  8) Felt sooooo good ! Especially that (my joy!) there were more persons thanking me in private than defending Whoppy on the board.  :D
Whoppy is not as "loved" and "appreciated" as you might think. And, sadly, so many here just don't have the guts to tell "I don't like the dude."

Now, I'll leave... my job is done.

:-* :-* :-* for everyone [/quote]
My list of plonked lamers on LPSG is simply four. So congratulations on initiation to the l33t3st LPSG members, and *plonk* again.

Jon (Didn't we go through this before?)

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Greetings from Toledo!
Things in Spain are a tad 'warmish', but beautiful nonetheless!

Ah, Panthera/Picky. :mad:
That's your 'painful truth' that's supposed to make the earth crumble beneath my feet? That there are people here who disagree with me? Well, thanks for that earth-shattering revelation! You have, in fact, received some IMs, but not all of them were outpourings of gratitude and admiration. Just how have you 'put me in my place' by your bitchy little griping? It'll take a bigger prick than you to let the wind out of my sails. You're not the only one here with a busy IM box. I've received a lot of messages concerning you and your uselessness ... and some of them from some of the most unexpected sources. Sorry your swan song couldn't have been more spectacular, Picky ... but bottom feeders like you don't really know how to stage an interesting production.

Now, Dee: (If anyone is expecting a bitch-slap session to follow, you'll be disappointed.)
It's no secret that Tweedledee and Dub do not form an inspired combination. However, Dee makes some valid points in his post. Some people have suggested that he and I are more alike than we're willing to admit; maybe there's some truth to that. I expect we share some of the same motives, but different points of view.

[quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=99;num=1061511050;start=20#28 date=08/24/03 at 08:18:17]
Sometimes it's argumentation and sometimes it gets ugly and we resort to the low blows.  Sometimes it's uncalled for, and sometimes, if anything, it's damn good entertainment.   I know I've chuckled a time or two at our spats.[/quote]

Here Dee and I agree. We actually do have frequent differences of opinion, but to a large extent we sling mud at each other because we enjoy slinging mud at each other. It's a release. It's catharsis. Let's face it: Dee is a Pisces and I'm a Cancer – the two most emotional signs. We're both drama queens. Hell, we're a melodramatic grand opéra waiting to happen. (BTW, Dee is the tenor, I'm the baritone!) No one is really surprised when we break out into an occasional aria on the board.

But as I've stated several times over, I don't like the guy and I'm not afraid to admit that.

No shit!

A wise lesson learned long, long ago:  Not everyone in the world is going to like me for who I am.

An addendum: Not everyone in the will see me the way I see myself. Many people may dislike me for who I'm not.
If Dee met me face to face, would his opinion of me change? Possibly not, but he might have a different perception of who I am.

It's just not that big a deal, you see.

Much the same could be said about our differences, but we're not likely to let go of them.

I feel bad for DMW since he's the target of P.'s relentless attacks; but for all of us LPSG "die-hards," this isn't the first time he's been put on the spot.

Don't cry for me. Picky little Dicky is irritating, no doubt; but Im still standing. If I'm a target, PLD couldn't hit the broad side of a fucking barn.  

Yeah, I admit it.  I know I'm a little curious as to why the heat persists there.  I want to know the "dirt."

Really? The "dirt" between Picky little Dicky and me is remembered by quite a few on the old board, as attested in the IMs I've received. He took an immediate dislike to me at about the same time you took a liking to him.

I'm more concerned with reading and posting with you guys ... That's more important to me -- writing, posting, and bonding as opposed to some popularity contest.

My feelings as well. I've not reviewed the results of Sammy's LPSGer of the month (sorry, Sammy) for that very reason. The camaraderie an support are what LPSG are about to me, not the pats on the back.  

I've made good contacts with people around here.

Exactly. I've made friends here, some of whom I've met in person. I've maintained lively correspondences with some of LPSG's members via IM and e-mail. That's what matters to me, not the rivalries. I'm not concerned with who's in whose 'camp'.

But to be sure, and perhaps to tie in with some of P.'s criticisms toward DMW, I'm not fishing for compliments.  I don't write to gain approval.  I write for what I feel and I write in hope of providing some insight or helping out in a situation; that's all, nothing more.

Believe it or not, those are my sentiments as well. I have opinions, and I often ame very blunt in stating them, but I state them honestly. I call things the way I see them because that's me. It's bound to result in some unpopular views from time to time. If people disagree with my opinion, 'sugar coating' it will not make it any easier for them to swallow.

All that said, I don't dislike Dee, but he's free to think whatever it is he thinks about me. I've never wished that he would leave LPSG. He makes some positive contributions here. I'll not likely embrace him warmly and invite him out for a beer – in fact, I'll still want to smack the shit out of him from time to time – but I recognise his worth on this board. I'll just have to accept him as I see him; the air of superiority and the ego on steroids are just part of the whole package. But what the hell ... he views me the same way.

Ibiza, ready or not, here I come!

AnonyMs: Gee, DMW... is this your idea of sending us a postcard from your fab vacay? I will IM you with my USPS addy so you can send me one with a picture on it... I will proudly display it on the fridge!

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I'm sorry, Dub.

When I think of drama queens, I think of people like Veronica from the Real World Chicago season who, in dating Aneesa, could hardly have contentment with the relationship as it stood. Drama queens remind me of people who cannot function in social relationships without having conflict on some level. There's a whole level of psychopathology related to self-sabotage, whether it's in perpetual disagreements with others or self-mutilation or what have you. I try to have a light spirit about our disputes because, ultimately, they have no real significance; I try to see the humor, and oftentimes, I fail because I find myself muttering, "God, what the hell's he going on about now? And why did he bring my name up?"

You call me ego-driven and riddled with a superiority complex. Well, if that's what not giving a damn what people think nets you, then that's just good and dandy with me, young sir. You can have ten, a hundred or a thousand personally certified IMs in agreement, and get this... I still don't give a damn.

For someone who asserts that he sings baritone in that dramatic opera and that he'd probably "smack the shit out of [me]"... I don't need ad hominem abusive to discredit your view. You're doing a damn good job making an ass of yourself, and who am I to lend an assist. Outbursts like that seem to fuel P.'s flame toward you -- stop to consider?

So, have fun in Ibiza and do whatever it is that you plan to do. I'm <plonking> this one...

(Can anyone give me the details on that "pirates" thing in the Relationships section, hmmm?)

sammygirly: I gathered a whole crew of pirates to aid me Dee!

Yargh, walk the plonk all ye nay-sayers!

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
[somewhat out of topic]

Dee wrote :

...riddled with a superiority complex...

I like superiority complexes ;D In fact I might even be in love with such things... :-*