So much for Freedom of speech!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by 8dot75, Jan 23, 2012.

1. 8dot75

8dot75 New Member

This is a hoot !

Today , I checked mt LPSG mail, and what should I find, but a Message from a Moderator saying I had Violated the terms of use in a forum- To be exact, here is the statement- I have deleted the moderator's name , just in fairness:

"]By a consensus of the Moderating Team from reports made to us it has been determined that your post in Being called the 'N' word during sex violates the Site Rules with regard to Hate speech and general trolling. This is an official Heads Up from the moderators.

Please take a moment to carefully read the Rules and use discretion and care in your future posts; otherwise your ongoing participation at LPSG will be reviewed.

Thank you for your future adherence to our policies.

[Moderator's name deleted for fairness and anonymity]
    On behalf of the Moderating Team[/QUOTE]

This makes no sense !
    As a Black man using "The N Word" in the context of being not offended- I find it ludicrous that you are actually sending me this. Gays refer to one another using the Q word, without any flak.
    I have seen Straight men call gay men the Perjorative "F" word when derogatorily referring to ,well, Gay men, without retaliation. While I am sorry I have offended SOMEONE'S tender sensibilities, it's a fact that I AM UNOFFENDED by that term- be it the actual term , or the urban derivative of it.
    Maybe you guys would ban me for speaking freely, but that would make you hypocritical- especially in the wake of the failed SOPA and PIPA rulings last week.

But if that is what you want , feel free to do so- also,delete EACH and EVERY ONE of my pictures and posts.... So much for freedom of speech, eh ?

Thank you VERY Much

8dot75

End quote.

So, I may be deleted, but if that's how they feel, I see it as a very hypocritical thing- and as such, I welcome the staff and Moderators of LPSG, as I stated in the body of the response, to delete my account- don't just stop at BANNING me,but be JUST like the authors of the FAILED SOPA and PIPA legislation and throw a Cybernetic strip of duct-tape over my mouth..

If this should happen, dear friends, It's been a nice visit. i'll take my..um.. spare time elsewhere...

Let's Keep it real- and don't offend the wrong people !

8 Dot:cool::cool::cool:

PEACE OUT !

2. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

This forum is a private enterprise. The doctrine of free speech does not apply here. Abide by the rules and the decisions of the moderating team or fuck off.

3. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I got warned for using that very same word, a while ago. And I wasn't even referring to a real person, or even to black, but to Native Americans. Some on LPSG are simply very touchy about that term and so I respect that.

4. 8dot75

8dot75 New Member

So you can tell me to fuck off, but I can't say the N word.. Can you say TOTALITARIANISM ???

Give me a break !

5. 8dot75

8dot75 New Member

Understood- but still, if it's right for ONE word to be said and not taken in offense, shouldn't that apply to ALL terms ? I mean, as a str8, I don't come in bashing ANYONE GLBT, you know ? I respect others until I am disrespected, and I don't even FLAME people. It just bugs me how overly sensitive some people are over virtually nothing.
    :confused::confused::confused:

6. Kotchanski

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Given that this site is used by people of all shapes, sizes, colours, nationalities, sexualities and religions, many of whom choose not to upload images of themselves... we quite frankly don't care what colour you are.

Terms such as those used by yourself will not be tolerated, and we will not get into the game of asking members to prove their race and/or heritage before deciding if we're going to send out sanctions...

What next, you expect us to request pics of guys with their cock up someone else's ass each time they use the word f*g just to prove they're gay?!

7. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

I didn't tell you to fuck off. I presented it as an option. Your options are laid out for you in the ToS, which you agreed to abide by when you joined the site. What you received was a private warning, not a ban, which we wouldn't know about had you not taken it upon yourself to whine about it in the public forum. It's a rule, abide by it. Your free speech rights are not protected here, and the decision as to whether you've abided by the rules is left to the discretion of the moderating team, not your own.

Can you say MCCARTHYISM?

Aninnymouse will be by in a minute with the butthurt form for you to fill out. Remember, even though it isn't listed on the form, fucking off is always an option.

8. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Yeah, funny thing, that.

9. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Those pics are faked.

10. Kotchanski

Albums:
    That's what YOU say...

11. aninnymouse

Gold Member

Seriously. I don't know the situation, I don't know what happened. While I do agree that people on this site can be uber sensitive, in not good ways, it's part and parcel to being here. Some things are just not proper. That includes use of racial slurs.

It's the old adage, you play, you pay. End of discussion. Don't like it, right there's the door.

Attached Files:

12. aninnymouse

Gold Member

And by the way, please point out where there have been any slurs against gays, straights or whomever that have been let slide. I haven't seen any.

13. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge

You're funny.

14. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

No, really, they are faked - we just drew a Salvador Dali mustache above my asshole with a Sharpie so you'd think Hick was buggering a guy. :yup:

15. redneckgymrat

Gold Member

Totalitarianism: dictatorship: a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.).
    This is a privately owned site, and the owners have the right to impose any rules they wish.

We each signed up, and agreed to abide by the rules (laws) of this site, in the form of the ToS. And, they were fairly clear.

The fact that you don't like the rules and choose to not abide by them, frankly, is your problem. The fact that this thread still exists, however, proves that this is not a totalitarian system...opposition, public opposition, exists.

16. D_Sal_Manilla

D_Sal_Manilla Account Disabled

This makes no sense !
    As a Black man using "The N Word" in the context of being not offended- I find it ludicrous that you are actually sending me this. Gays refer to one another using the Q word, without any flak.
    I have seen Straight men call gay men the Perjorative "F" word when derogatorily referring to ,well, Gay men, without retaliation. While I am sorry I have offended SOMEONE'S tender sensibilities, it's a fact that I AM UNOFFENDED by that term- be it the actual term , or the urban derivative of it.
    Maybe you guys would ban me for speaking freely, but that would make you hypocritical- especially in the wake of the failed SOPA and PIPA rulings last week.

But if that is what you want , feel free to do so- also,delete EACH and EVERY ONE of my pictures and posts.... So much for freedom of speech, eh ?

Thank you VERY Much

8dot75

End quote.

So, I may be deleted, but if that's how they feel, I see it as a very hypocritical thing- and as such, I welcome the staff and Moderators of LPSG, as I stated in the body of the response, to delete my account- don't just stop at BANNING me,but be JUST like the authors of the FAILED SOPA and PIPA legislation and throw a Cybernetic strip of duct-tape over my mouth..

If this should happen, dear friends, It's been a nice visit. i'll take my..um.. spare time elsewhere...

Let's Keep it real- and don't offend the wrong people !

8 Dot:cool::cool::cool:

PEACE OUT ![/QUOTE]

i see where your coming from and i agree but think of private sites such as this to Private schools.

in private schools, if they feel like expelling you without reason... the can cause you don't have to be there.

i hope that makes sense.

But i see what you mean and just drop it. cant fight the system.

17. Kotchanski

Albums:
    Is it wrong that I'd pay to see that?!

18. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

What a fine ass it is.

19. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

You and MB agree on a price. I'll bring my cock.

20. 8dot75

8dot75 New Member

Sorry YOU got butt-hurt, Hickboy... I have pulled my own pictures as a gesture.. I've been told to fuck off, I've been told a racial slur used as a directive as opposed to a slur is wrong- so sorry.
    I have started the process, so let the powers that be finish the job. Delete me. This is my final posting. I wish you all well.
    Now do me , and apparently, the lot of you, a BIG Favor and DELETE MY ACCOUNT. I'd have more freedom of Speech on FARCE-BOOK than here- which is pretty sad and Ironic.

I bid thee, both friend and detractors alike, a fond farewell. It's been real.

:crucified:

Draft saved Draft deleted