So much for Freedom of speech!

It's a black day for freedom of speech...crap, I mean a dark da....fuckit. You know what I mean.

Sirramm

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This subject just absolutely annoys the life out of me! I am so sick of hearing how a “class” of people can be so routinely “offended” by the word nigger that of course is IF we are actually talking about this word. Especially since we habitually now must be censored to the point we must refer to such a word as this illusive “N word” phrase which in and of itself makes no sense, is juvenile, and tantamount to, and I say it once again, the censoring of the ability to verbally communicate.

Clarence Thomas, who for those who don’t know, ruled on the use of the word nigger in a Supreme Court case after being confirmed unscathed by the Anita Hill debacle said “…the use of the word nigger in everyday speech while not widely tolerated is an acceptable form of communication and the removal of such a word, or words, would be the act of unjustly censoring the and reducing the ability to as a human race to communicate effectively…” [Paraphrased, as the original dissention was very lengthy so feel free to Google and read yourself]. And by the way, for those of you also don’t know, this comes from a black man who also refuses to be referred to as “Afro-American”. And his reason why? Once again paraphrasing, feel free to Google, to be referred to as Afro-American further reflects his ties to being, and these are HIS words, a NIGGER, which means from NIGERIA…which is where the word comes from! It is just like Italians being called WOPS…which means With Out Paper(S).

I TOTALLY agree with Thomas and really hope that anyone with such a delicate constitution can find it in themselves to do a little research drop this tired played out drama of “offensiveness” and while we are at it agree with Thomas and drop Afro-American and just be AMERICAN!?!?!???

Perhaps this “N word” really means narcissistic?

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Excellent - now, go and start your own privately owned website where people are banned or warned or given a heads up for being offended by the word 'nigger'. This is Rob_E's site and he says 'watch your fucking mouth'. I'm paraphrasing, feel free to look back in the thread for his actual words.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
{QUOTE=ManlyBanisters;3925207]Excellent - now, go and start your own privately owned website where people are banned or warned or given a heads up for being offended by the word 'nigger'. This is Rob_E's site and he says 'watch your fucking mouth'. I'm paraphrasing, feel free to look back in the thread for his actual words.[/QUOTE]
Dig there, MB; Time and place for everything, and the use of a derogatory word that many find unfavorable such as, and I use this only as an example, nigger, has been told by the owner of this house you in no uncertain terms, "We don't appreciate nor tolerate language such as this. Learn not to use here, or- GET THE FUCK OUT!!"

'Nuff Said.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sirramm, the word itself is not a problem, NOR is the use of that word the reason why 8dot75 got his heads-up. Many people in the same thread where he has posted, and indeed in this thread have used same-such word without problem. The problem is that he used purposefully derogatory language that was meant to be belittling to an entire class of people. That is not accepted here.

And for your information, the word in question does NOT mean "from Nigeria." Indeed, Nigeria didn't exist until the late 1800's, and variant spellings of "nigger" have been in use in America since at least 1619. The word is, in fact, a corruption of the French word "nigre" (pronounced nearly the same way) which is itself a pejorative derived from the Spanish/Portuguese "negro" which simply means black. Its use in America, as well as France, has always been associated with the racist ideology that people with black skin are inferior to people with white skin.

Now, if you're truly serious about all Americans really just being American, you might want to consider NOT using words that harken the days when entire classes of people were judged inferior simply because of the color of their skin. It's not that such words should be banned, or should be taboo. It's more that such words only remind everyone that differences in skin color are still culturally important - and when the words wane in use, so too does the importance of pigmentation in regards to social mobility.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
And by the way, for those of you also don’t know, this comes from a black man who also refuses to be referred to as “Afro-American”. And his reason why? Once again paraphrasing, feel free to Google, to be referred to as Afro-American further reflects his ties to being, and these are HIS words, a NIGGER, which means from NIGERIA… which is where the word comes from! It is just like Italians being called WOPS…which means With Out Paper(S).

Before trying to be authoritative on a subject matter it is useful to look up the actual history of something. Either you are saying something that he [Clarence Thomas] believes or that you believe. Either of which is just wrong.
Nigger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The demonym of the population of Nigeria is Nigerians.
The demonym of the population of Niger is Nigerien. The pronunciation is as in French, or as "zh" sound said in American English - garage.

D_Dick_S_Lapp

Account Disabled
Media
This subject just absolutely annoys the life out of me! I am so sick of hearing how a “class” of people can be so routinely “offended” by the word nigger that of course is IF we are actually talking about this word. Especially since we habitually now must be censored to the point we must refer to such a word as this illusive “N word” phrase which in and of itself makes no sense, is juvenile, and tantamount to, and I say it once again, the censoring of the ability to verbally communicate.

Clarence Thomas, who for those who don’t know, ruled on the use of the word nigger in a Supreme Court case after being confirmed unscathed by the Anita Hill debacle said “…the use of the word nigger in everyday speech while not widely tolerated is an acceptable form of communication and the removal of such a word, or words, would be the act of unjustly censoring the and reducing the ability to as a human race to communicate effectively…” [Paraphrased, as the original dissention was very lengthy so feel free to Google and read yourself]. And by the way, for those of you also don’t know, this comes from a black man who also refuses to be referred to as “Afro-American”. And his reason why? Once again paraphrasing, feel free to Google, to be referred to as Afro-American further reflects his ties to being, and these are HIS words, a NIGGER, which means from NIGERIA…which is where the word comes from! It is just like Italians being called WOPS…which means With Out Paper(S).

I TOTALLY agree with Thomas and really hope that anyone with such a delicate constitution can find it in themselves to do a little research drop this tired played out drama of “offensiveness” and while we are at it agree with Thomas and drop Afro-American and just be AMERICAN!?!?!???

Perhaps this “N word” really means narcissistic?

What kind of drugs are you on? How much have you had and lastly how have you gotten this far in life without accidentally murdering yourself.

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You should start your own website, nword-forums.com, or something similar. Then post all the nwords that you want. If the government steps in to shut your site down, let me know and I'll help you protest.

Damn son, you just got told! Rob layin the smack down...that's real talk!

Redwyvre

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I remember seeing 8dot75's thread and being puzzeled by his intention. This happens to me quite a bit while I'm at LPSG and it's one of the reasons why I enjoy this site. Now this thread has appeared and I want to add my two cents.
My play-mom uses the "n" word every now and then. I asked her once why she uses that word and she said, "Honeychild, it's a strong way of describing an uneducated person." That makes sense, but I don't like the way the word sounds, I never plan to use the word, and if it dies out that is fine with me. So I agree with the decision to flag someone for using it, then again I'm white.

Last edited:

Every thing in this physical world has it's rules and boundaries. If one wants to live outside them or push the boundaries, expect to be pushed back, unless you have the firepower on your side. If not, live with it or move along.